PDA

View Full Version : what snow??

dodgey memory
22-02-2005, 22:53
Fed up hearing about every one else's snow I want some NOW.

Lyn
22-02-2005, 23:24
You are more than happy to my share - I hate it!

Calamity Jane
22-02-2005, 23:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dodgey memory
Fed up hearing about every one else's snow I want some NOW.
[/quote]

Are you totally mad or what..:D shouldn't you be wishing for palm trees and tropical sunshine ??[8D]

E. Cosgrove
22-02-2005, 23:54
you can have mine with pleasure it's cold and wet and only looks nice if you're indoors and don't have to go out [msnsad]

dodgey memory
22-02-2005, 23:56
Palm trees and sunshine soon enough, well 400 odd days away. Every one on TV has got snow and their emergency pack in the car. We have wet sleet. It's the Chiltern hills protecting us. Tho it didn't work with the Romans!

chrizzy100
22-02-2005, 23:56
here is our car half way through my last storm.......still a ft or 2 to go after this picture was taken.........
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chrizzy100/2005222195520_car11.jpg

caroline
22-02-2005, 23:59
Wow chrizzy, that photo makes our 2 inches last night look pretty pathetic;)

dodgey memory
22-02-2005, 23:59
OK Chrizzy you win no way can I ever compete with that. [msneek]

dodgey memory
23-02-2005, 00:03
WOW Caroline only 2 inches no wonder why you are disappointed;)

bluebirds
23-02-2005, 00:24
We are supposed to get loads of snow on Thursday Afternoon down here in Wiltshire OOH AARH. Hopefully after i have left work. Do not fancy being stuck at work with 56 children in a nursery. My youngest's teacher sent them out to play at 9 this morning when it was snowing, as they would not sit down and were all excited. I love it when it snows but i hate driving in it. What i need is some Florida sunshine.[msncool]

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 00:27
we had a few millimetres this morning but it was completely gone by lunch time, but it was lovely to see the kids having such fun at school this morning!!
i love it cos its not often we get it!!!![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
23-02-2005, 00:40
[/quote]

[:O][:O][:O]

Sally D
23-02-2005, 01:23
[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 01:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
you can have mine with pleasure it's cold and wet and only looks nice if you're indoors and don't have to go out [msnsad]
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly Liz, hate the stuff.[msnsmile2]

Michele L
23-02-2005, 01:40
Love it!! Brings back childhood memories - lets face it all kids love it and it costs nothing!! At least they can look back when they are as old as us and say "When I was younger, we had snow in 2005!!" Who has just had to pay £15 for a taxi cos the snow has stopped the trains!!

Michele

E. Cosgrove
23-02-2005, 01:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

[:O][:O][:O]
[/quote][msnoo][msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

ctgirlscout
23-02-2005, 01:59
Well, you can have our snow, too. We just got more dumped on us Sunday night....no school for the kids on Monday. :(

dodgey memory
23-02-2005, 11:33
My turn to be disappointed! only a light dusting. But it's snowing now proper white fluffy stuff. The girls want to go to school on the sledge! No work today for me. yippee. No money either though[msnsad] Thats the florida fund depleted. Not so good.

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 11:41
just had a bit more altho its a little white its blooming freezing!!! this is the bit thats scarey the sun is out and the snow has melted but its freezing!![msnwink]
bring it on i love it!!! i was chatting with mums yesterday and reliving the memories of when we were kids and great snowball fights!! we built snowmen that lasted for weeks, we has fun real fun and we laughed real laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![laugh][laugh][laugh]

oooops forgot to mention when hit by snowballs we cried real tears too.........[msncry]

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 12:02
Two disappointed boys this morning, only a sprinkle of snow so its of to school, shame really as my youngest is 13 today and would have liked the day off.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 12:11
happy birthday to your youngest[msncool]

CarolAnn
23-02-2005, 12:18
Oh Yes!!! Happy Teenager day to Stuart!!!!
BTW we are up to about 2 inches of snow here but it is still falling steadily! Don't think we will make Chrizzy100's figures though [msneek][msneek]

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 12:20
Thanks Liesa and Carol will pass on your birthday wishes to him.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
23-02-2005, 12:26
Will there be a snowy birthday beer later???[msnwink]

23-02-2005, 12:29
We have snow in Cheshire today, it melted yesterday but not today YAY!!!

Elaine62
23-02-2005, 12:36
I should be sitting on the Motorway at a standstill watching the snow falling but instead I'm sitting in front of the PC, eating toast, drinking tea and catching up on the Forums! It was a difficult choice wasn't it!!

I keep checking the cams on the motorway adn the traffic is still not moving so I'll leave a bit later, hopefully it'll have cleared a bit by then.

Elaine

julieanne
23-02-2005, 12:40
We have snow <span style="color:blue">AGAIN</span id="blue">
I'm really really fed up of it now.
Got to work early, set off without having my brekkie - and after thawing out I am having a cuppa and crumpets and jam and catching up with the forum.

Back to the snow - it's horrible I hate it - another reason I should live in Florida [8D] [msncool]

julieanne
23-02-2005, 12:41
P.S Happy 13th to Ray & Sarah's youngest [msnsmile2]

MaggieAllan
23-02-2005, 12:44
None yet in Leigh (near Wigan/Bolton)..although forecast.

And as we are mentioning birthdays...

My son is 18 today[msnsmile2]

In my head I'm still the same age...in a mirror it's a different story[msntongue]

MaggieAllan
23-02-2005, 12:51
Update 8.51am...here it comes...just a dandruff type so far

julieanne
23-02-2005, 12:57
Happy 18th to your son Maggie

Dandfruff type - I love that description :D :D

Wish that's all we were getting, we're getting footballl type [msnoo]

CarolAnn
23-02-2005, 13:04
Happy snowy 18th to to Maggie's son!!! Wow! there could be a real party going on with all these birthdays!!! Would prefer that it is hosted by a pool in Florida guys if that is ok?? [msnwink]
PS. The snow has stopped here now, and sun is melting it!!!![msncool]

Cruella DeVilla
23-02-2005, 13:25
Oh its snowing again here, we have to go and clear the path before we get sued! Mr CDV can do that as I am still too poorly to do anything but type;)

julieanne
23-02-2005, 14:11
Glad you're well enough to be at the pc CDV

You certainly don't want to be going out in the snow [msnwink]

pieman790
23-02-2005, 15:08
We had snow again this morning enough for me to get the sledge out and take the kids to school on it. Need the rest of the morning to recover as the school is amost a mile away.

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 15:54
Oh its snowing again here, we have to go and clear the path before we get sued! Mr CDV can do that as I am still too poorly to do anything but type;)
[/quote]

how long you think you can keep it up for?[msnwink]

Sally D
23-02-2005, 16:17
No snow here.

Had a dusting on monday night but it all went by lunch time.

They say it's on it's way though.

Lesley S
23-02-2005, 16:31
None in Llanharry, near Cardiff, had a small dusting yesterday evening and maybe one or two flutters during the night, but bright blue skies here know though.

Pass some over here................

E. Cosgrove
23-02-2005, 19:03
13 Never!!!! You don't look old enough Sarah[msnwink]
Must have been a gymslip mum:D:D:D:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Two disappointed boys this morning, only a sprinkle of snow so its of to school, shame really as my youngest is 13 today and would have liked the day off.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

resorthomerentals
23-02-2005, 19:12
We had another 6 inches Sunday also, but we had school on Monday. Mom says:D Kids say [msncry]. Kids have been having a ball making snowmen! We've had a few snowball fights too. We're going to hit the sledding hill after school today! I figure, if it's going to be cold, we might as well have snow so we can go out and play! Still doesn't compare to warm sunny Florida though!

Julieb
23-02-2005, 19:36
Hi SunnysideFlorida

I'm in Bridgend. I think its our turn tonight. Beautiful sunny day here.

Last week I was in Naples Florida and the temperature was 80.......oh I wish I was still there!

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 19:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
13 Never!!!! You don't look old enough Sarah[msnwink]
Must have been a gymslip mum:D:D:D:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]
[/quote]

OOh I like a bit of flattery, thanks LIz.[msnwink]:D

CarolAnn
23-02-2005, 20:28
Just to make you look even younger then Sarah...I would recommend a nice Cowboy hat;)Very versatile too, can be warn as a sun shade for Florida and head warmer in the snow[msnwink]
I am told...you really should have boots to match[msnoo]Another shopping opportunity when I get to Florida I think[msnwink]5,6,7,8.......

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 21:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Just to make you look even younger then Sarah...I would recommend a nice Cowboy hat;)Very versatile too, can be warn as a sun shade for Florida and head warmer in the snow[msnwink]
I am told...you really should have boots to match[msnoo]Another shopping opportunity when I get to Florida I think[msnwink]5,6,7,8.......
[/quote]

I have cowboy boots from when I used to go line dancing Carol, so just need the hat now!!![msnwink]:D

E. Cosgrove
23-02-2005, 22:20
ditto Sarah, about 6 pairs in various colours. They are fashionable again now so I have been wearing my black ones with my jeans!![msneek] I really could do with some animal skin ones then I could borow Carol's hat:D:D:D:D <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

I have cowboy boots from when I used to go line dancing Carol, so just need the hat now!!![msnwink]:D
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 22:58
I'm sure she'll lend it you if you ask.:D:D:D

Chloe
24-02-2005, 03:33
I think it looks very pretty, but when you've said that, you've said it all, and that really it's just a nuisance. I am quite happy with this cold weather,at least the sky is blue and it's sunny. Anything is better for me than cloud and rain, its SOoooo miserable then. Chloe

LiesaAnna
24-02-2005, 03:42
not much happening down here have had all the warnings from the school!!! dont do this dont do that!!! listen to the radio we will keep you informed if your schools are shutting!!!!
crikey we only had a fine dusting!!! what they gonna do if it really happens?????????[msnwink]

pieman790
24-02-2005, 12:01
It has snowed again over night. We have about 4-5" in our garden and it doesnt look too good outside at the moment. There are cars all over the place, trying to navigate off our estate. The good news is that the local school is open the bad news is that the kids want me to pull them to school on the sledge.

chrizzy100
24-02-2005, 18:56
We have 12 inches heading our way again.......one of our towns has no more money left to clear the snow.....so the street will be left......how the people will get to work I don't know......

dodgey memory
25-02-2005, 11:42
Do you normally have so much snow Chrizzy or is this year an exception? In good old Bucks still a sprinkling thats all. Sledge unused for another year.:(

LiesaAnna
25-02-2005, 11:50
nothing in Brighton again!! why did we believe the weather forecasts???????????

Lesley S
25-02-2005, 12:53
Definitely nothing near Cardiff............

Nostromo
25-02-2005, 13:05
Only a little snow in Wootton Bassett, but I almost broke a leg this morning when I slipped on the ICE! Our drive has a gravel layer and I was a bit complacent, thinking that one cannot possibly slip on it. Fortunately, I managed to stay on my feet after a mini cirque-du-soleil act.[msnembarrased]

LiesaAnna
25-02-2005, 13:08
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
sorry Nostromo couldnt help myself!!!!!!!
the ice is terrible!!

Sally D
25-02-2005, 13:08
Nothing near Portsmouth either:(

chrizzy100
25-02-2005, 18:05
Do you normally have so much snow Chrizzy or is this year an exception? In good old Bucks still a sprinkling thats all. Sledge unused for another year.:(
[/quote]

We don't get so many storms.....most of the time just one bad one a year....we had 4 ft the year before last......the rest of the time just a few inches here and there....we have about 5 inches now......and its still coming down.......

dodgey memory
01-03-2005, 11:57
Hooray one whole centimetre and the sky really grey. Off to dig the sledge out and another day off work.At this rate we will be lucky to get to Folkstone let alone Florida! Teresa

resorthomerentals
01-03-2005, 17:16
Woke to 6 more inches on the ground this morning.... and still falling. Kids were NOT happy about going to school this morning. They are already making plans for what to do when they get home! As for me.... I'm going out to clear the driveway and sidewalk yet again. We have such a large drive and so much sidewalk (we live on a corner) that it usually takes a few hours to clear it all.

LiesaAnna
02-03-2005, 11:21
we got snow!!!!!!!!!!!

its pathetic they said on the news that we were caught unprepared!!!!! we have been hearing for the last week its expected to last for two weeks!! goes to show they dont believe what they say themselves (the weather people!) we have lorries overturned on main roads, cars abandoned scattered all around!! the ice is bad!! just seen the gritter lorry go past!! (better late then never) its set to be like this all day and many schools are shutting!!! pathetic or what!!!!:D

MaggieAllan
02-03-2005, 12:23
So you've got your snow at last Liesa, I thought you would be celebrating[msnwink]

Thought it was just me who thought it caused disruption??? Snow is only nice if you don't have to travel in it.

Happy sledging!!!

julieanne
02-03-2005, 13:14
Lots of snow at home this morning.
Decided to set off for work early, without my breakfast to make sure I got here. It's only about 7 mile away and there is not one flake of snow here altho it is looking very black outside. Jsut rang home and it's still snowing like mad [?]

Oh the joys of English weather [msnwink]

Liesa - you moaned when you had no snow, now you're not happy you've got it. Make your mind up girl [msnwink] [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
02-03-2005, 15:51
am not happy cos school has just sent home my daughter!!!!!!! there is no snow outside my house now!! but it does keep snowing!! i have complained to the school cos its not nessecary to send them home!!!!! they moan when we have them off for holidays , They have 2 buildings which they have to walk between , but it has been like that since i was there! in 1972, and we never got sent home!! she needs an education!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they said its cold and the kids are getting wet!!! where is she now??? out!!!

dodgey memory
02-03-2005, 16:13
He He no pleasing some people is there! The snow melted yesterday before going to school time! FOR SALE one sledge unused!![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
02-03-2005, 16:19
would you be happy then if your kids were sent home??/ for what i can see as no valid reason! when i called the school they said we have given them homework!!! my daughter assures me they have not!!!!! she has exams over the next few months!!!

dodgey memory
02-03-2005, 16:31
Liesa, sorry I didn't mean to cause offence. The schools do seem to shut at the drop of a hat or a snowflake. You are lucky that you were at home and didn't need to come home from work that would have been madening. Teresa

Sally D
02-03-2005, 16:36
Still no snow for us and I don't want any.
I would not be happy if they sent my children home just for a tiny bit of snow. Using the excuse its cold and wet is pathetic, don't they have coats.

LiesaAnna
02-03-2005, 16:37
none taken sorry for sounding like so...
but yes always shutting for some silly reason or other, i understand the possible dangers but they dont send them home when its very very windy they are circled by woods!, i had a letter from the school telling me and my husband off cos Terri had 2 and a half days off unaccounted for!! she was with me and i had forgotten to let them know about dental appointments![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
02-03-2005, 17:31
Just driven home in another blizzard, have to go out again too:(

julieanne
02-03-2005, 17:35
This snow is getting beyond a joke now isn't it? :(

Never mind CDV at least you'll soon be in snow-free, sunny Florida [8D]

Cruella DeVilla
02-03-2005, 17:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
This snow is getting beyond a joke now isn't it? :(

Never mind CDV at least you'll soon be in snow-free, sunny Florida [8D]
[/quote]

Yeah nice thought Julieanne, will think about this as I drive to see my Acupuncturist in an hour!

chrizzy100
02-03-2005, 17:51
Oh dear people..6 inches of snow.....how do you all cope.....hehehehehe..[msnsmile2][msnwink]

We had 4 inches to go on top of the 10 inches we had the other day......but the roads are clear.....

julieanne
02-03-2005, 19:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
Oh dear people..6 inches of snow.....how do you all cope.....hehehehehe..[msnsmile2][msnwink]

We had 4 inches to go on top of the 10 inches we had the other day......but the roads are clear.....
[/quote]

Chrizzy - you certainly have my sympathy as you get so much more snow than we do. BUT you surely must remember how poor we are in the UK at coping with even a dusting of snow - it always takes us "by surprise" even in February [msnoo]
You cope so much better with it over there, you always seem to manage to get everyone and everything moving relatively quickly - we just get gridlocked [msnmad]

So excuse us being so pathetic and moaning about it [msnwink]

Hope you don't get too much more.....

chrizzy100
02-03-2005, 20:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[/quote]

Chrizzy - you certainly have my sympathy as you get so much more snow than we do. BUT you surely must remember how poor we are in the UK at coping with even a dusting of snow - it always takes us "by surprise" even in February [msnoo]
You cope so much better with it over there, you always seem to manage to get everyone and everything moving relatively quickly - we just get gridlocked [msnmad]

So excuse us being so pathetic and moaning about it [msnwink]

Hope you don't get too much more.....
[/quote]

I wish we'd had more snow down South when I had my sled dogs....they only saw snow twice.....[msnsad]

This is the most snow we have had since moving here.....I'm going to miss it when it goes....its been here for around 10 weeks or more...when we had the 3ft....it took 2 days to clear the roads because there was nowhere to put the snow and we had very high winds 70 miles an hour.....the storm windows cut down the sound of the wind in the house.....but when we went out to the FL room...to light the stove it was scary.....I now know what it would be like in FL in a storm....I'm now looking at adding the same storm windows to my FL home..

Cruella DeVilla
02-03-2005, 20:19
[/quote]

I wish we'd had more snow down South when I had my sled dogs....they only saw snow twice.....[msnsad]

[/quote]

Mr CDV really loves these dogs, I think he wants to get one when we move over, look like Wolves to me[msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek]

Don't think they would appreciate the Florida weather though[8D]!

I PREFERS DALMATIONS MYSELF[}:)]

chrizzy100
02-03-2005, 20:51
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr CDV really loves these dogs, I think he wants to get one when we move over, look like Wolves to me[msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek]

Don't think they would appreciate the Florida weather though[8D]!

I PREFERS DALMATIONS MYSELF[}:)]
[/quote]

A friend of mine on Tuscan Ridge has a sled dog......if they are born in FL they can take the heat.....the trouble is the hair.....twice a year you have a white/gray carpet of it all over your home and garden.....ours lived outside and they stayed there when they were losing hair.....but it still found its way inside......my youngest dogs grandfather was a wolf....the oldest being french has dalmation in her....the french sometimes cross breed with delmation to get the long legs for speed......

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chrizzy100/20041123161527_24c0.jpg

LiesaAnna
03-03-2005, 18:17
hooray!!! its snowing very hard and its dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the ground is very dry!!! he he
in different parts of Brighton they have some serious snow! my dads part which is 2 miles from me is very icey! and lots of snow! where as we dont have any!!1 yet...... oh just thought they might shut the schools again!!! noooooooooooooooo please dont!! they can play in the snow when they come home!!!!

daisy
03-03-2005, 18:37
chrissy your dogs look lovely. i really miss have a dog around the house neither of us has time at the moment but we both gew up with dogs about . my dog lived till he was 18 so grew up with me and he had husky and labrador in him he was white and used to malt like mad it would come out in clumps so i know what you mean.

julieanne
03-03-2005, 18:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
hooray!!! its snowing very hard and its dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the ground is very dry!!! he he
in different parts of Brighton they have some serious snow! my dads part which is 2 miles from me is very icey! and lots of snow! where as we dont have any!!1 yet...... oh just thought they might shut the schools again!!! noooooooooooooooo please dont!! they can play in the snow when they come home!!!!
[/quote]

Hope you're going to build a snowman Liesa [msnwink] [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
03-03-2005, 20:49
that was my plan if only it would either carry on and get it over and done with or just stop it!! its annoying me now!!!! i keep hoping but it doesnt happen!!! then when i have to go out it comes down hard!!! never mind, i expect it will be some time before we will see it again!!!

dodgey memory
04-03-2005, 11:59
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Hooray white fluffy stuff covering the ground and still falling yippee! Daughter no 1 praying the school bus doesn't arrive. Teresa

Sally D
04-03-2005, 12:44
Yes we have snow this morning. Falling thick and fast, cars sliding all over the place[msneek]

Ray&Sarah
04-03-2005, 17:25
Don't normally like the white stuff, but will make an exception if we can't go home tomorrow due to the weather.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
04-03-2005, 18:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daisy
chrissy your dogs look lovely. i really miss have a dog around the house neither of us has time at the moment but we both gew up with dogs about . my dog lived till he was 18 so grew up with me and he had husky and labrador in him he was white and used to malt like mad it would come out in clumps so i know what you mean.
[/quote]

We left our dogs in the UK......in a retirement home....they spend the weekends with a lady in the village......we had no home to move into when we came to the USA...it seemed unfair to have them in kennels for weeks or months on end......

resorthomerentals
08-03-2005, 04:50
We had 8 inches of snow March 1, it was 54 degrees today, tomorrow it will top out at 20 degreees with snow flurries. At this time of year all I can say is "Mother nature - make up your mind!!!"

resorthomerentals
23-04-2005, 21:41
Anyone still looking for snow! We're getting it now in Michigan. It was 85 and sunny on Tuesday. It's snowing now. They are forcasting 4-7 inches overnight and 4-6 inches tomorrow. I guess I'll have to get the snow boots back out![msneek]

LiesaAnna
23-04-2005, 23:03
think we have lost our snow till probably jan/feb next year! we never get it at christmas when we would like it!!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

chrizzy100
23-04-2005, 23:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by resorthomerentals
Anyone still looking for snow! We're getting it now in Michigan. It was 85 and sunny on Tuesday. It's snowing now. They are forcasting 4-7 inches overnight and 4-6 inches tomorrow. I guess I'll have to get the snow boots back out![msneek]
[/quote]

We had a nice FL like spring day last week.....but now its back to 50 degrees....no snow I hope...