PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lauderdale

imported_n/a
15-02-2002, 01:19
Having seen great reviews of Fort Lauderdale and with some time to spare on the way to Miami Airport, we stopped off for an hour. I think however we did not see the best part and it was as though we had found Blackpool in the Sun! We didn't see any donkeys but there were lots of skateboards and bikes up and down the front but I am positive that we did not see the best parts of Fort Lauderdale and didn't have time to investigate their much advertised shopping facilities.

markemma
20-02-2002, 16:49
For anyone going to Fort Lauderdale the boat trip around the canal`s and out to the Indian village is a good trip if only to see how the other half live with there boats and the gator wrestling at the village.
MARK

imported_n/a
20-02-2002, 16:53
Did we get the wrong impression of Fort Lauderdale? Don't know if I'd visit again but am convinced more than just Blackpool in the Sun? Would you go again?

Jane

semerton
20-02-2002, 21:01
I would agree the Boat trip was a wonderful experiance but the best is the Sawgrass outlets about 70% off shop prices you can shop until you drop

orlandobabe
20-02-2002, 22:08
we drove through it and I must admit I felt disappointed. I wondered if we had not seen the best bits and it was sooooooooo busy!

Seems like I wasn't wrong!

Orlandobabe

steph_goodrum
21-02-2002, 02:50
Are there any good things there? My niece is spending a week there for part of her honeymoon in June, sounds like she could be in for a bit of a disappointment.

steph

imported_n/a
21-02-2002, 03:24
i dont think so Steph because people rave about it, just a case of finding the best places. I have "heard" Hollywood beach is lovely, anyone been there?

Theresa
25-02-2002, 04:17
Steph,

A nicer place to stay is Pompano Beach a few miles outside Fort Lauderdale. Mind you the last time we were there was in 1988 so it might have changed a bit. There is a pier that is apparently just on the end of the Bermunda Triangle. I remember a great ice cream parlour. We used to walk around here at night and felt quite safe, but as I said this was a few years ago. We hope to go back there in August for the first night as we are flying in to Miami.

Theresa
25-02-2002, 04:20
The boat trips are still going. Is it still on a paddle boat? I think it was called the Riverboat Queen or something like that. I used to like looking at all the expensive houses on the edge of the river with their boats parked outside.

sarahjk
16-06-2004, 15:21
I know this is an old topic but we are thinking of stopping over here for 1 night next march as we arrive in miami on thursday and are planning a slow trip up to orlando over the next couple of days as we do not go into the villa until the sunday is there much to see and do our 2 girls love beaches so for the 3 or so days they should have plenty as Miami beach is on the list and then here and then were thinking of a night in melbourne as well just want a bit more for me as Im not really a beach-sunbathing type of person
Any hints will be welcome

Thanks and KR
Sarah[msncool][msnwink]