PDA

View Full Version : Everlasting Drinks

n/a
12-02-2002, 03:00
If you intend going to the Disney water parks, there is no need to bring gallons of soft drinks with you to keep you an your family cool.
Simply buy a refillable container and a day ticket at one of the drinks booths, from then on you can have as many refills of ice cold soda as you wish, at no extra cost.
whether there are 2 in your party or 20 you just need to buy 1 container.

They have now refined the system to include a bar code on the day label, so you can serve yourself, you simply scan the label by the soda fountain and providing it's valid for that day it activates the pumps.

Next time you come, bring you Disney container and just buy a new day ticket. You can use a Blizzard Beach containers at Typhoon lagoon and vice versa.

steph_goodrum
12-02-2002, 12:21
My only complaint about this system is that it doesn't include water! We have a 15 year old who has never drunk fizzy drinks and not all of the fountains have still orange, so we end up paying a fortune for bottled water, some of the stallholders will fill cups with cold drinking water , but some say they aren't supposed to. Another tip we've found is to freeze a couple of bottles to carry round with you, they stay cold for quite a while, before they start to melt.

steph

carole7007
12-02-2002, 22:02
Yes its well worth the price for an everlasting supply of drinks all day.

We added up what it would of cost, it well paid for itself !!

Carla
17-02-2002, 17:30
Steph, I have a similar problem to you. My daughter had a brace fitted last November and is not supposed to drink anything with a fizz in it or sugar. We have another two years of this before her treatment will be over!! This makes Florida a lot more expensive as we are constantly buying bottled water. We've tried the "freeze before you go" method, but she drinks such a lot that we run out all the time.

Edited by - Margot on 17/02/2002 13:31:50

carole7007
21-02-2002, 18:14
Forgot to say, sometimes they will give you coffee, if you ask they won't put it in the plastic cup, they give it you in an ordinary cup.

It depends who you ask. One member of Disney even offered to fill the plastic cup up with soda as well.

They will even fill it with SLUSH !!! That bright coloured ice stuff !!! UCK

Carole & Keith

Edited by - carole7007 on 21/02/2002 14:16:08

Kickstart
22-10-2003, 20:48
Can I ask why, if you only drink water, you don't just fill up bottles at the water fountains in the parks, we did that on our last trip.

steph_goodrum
22-10-2003, 23:00
Kickstart
Have you seen what some of the kids get up to with the water fountains?

hyte1
13-11-2003, 17:37
Is this offer only in the water parks or is it available in the ordianry disney parks?

sunshine state
14-11-2003, 04:04
The last time i was there this was only available for use in the waterparks, make good use of it as the drinks are totally free after you pay $10 i think.

mikewj
14-11-2003, 16:08
Last time we got the refillable cups we were in Blizzard Beach.

Every time we tried to fill them up, we were inundated with kids asking us to fill their non-refillable cups for them.

It was a big pain and if I was a small child going to fill my cup on my own, I'd probably feel very intimidated !

tinkerbell
16-11-2003, 14:57
I don;t kbnow about Disney, but Universal do the same thing.

phaedra
16-11-2003, 18:13
Hi Tinkerbell :)

When we were at Universal in April/May we took our Universal re-fillable drinks containers and were getting refills from 99c to $1.58 at different park locations for the same drinks.

Did you mean Universal are now doing a $10 "all-you-can-drink" system like Disney??

tinkerbell
16-11-2003, 21:18
I can't remember what kind of system they had, I can remember though that they were selling drinks holders that would get you either cheaper drinks or free refills. Can anyone else elaborate?!