PDA

View Full Version : walking distance??

musicmaker2904
22-02-2005, 15:46
Hi everyone!
i was wondering if anyone could help! we are staying in the Crescent Lakes villa complex and I was wondering, is this within wlaking distance of old town kissimmee?? everywhere i've looked just says its 'nearby', which is just a little ominous!
Thanks very much,
Alex:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2005, 15:53
I do not know of any villa communities in walking distrance of Old Town - you need a car to fully appreciate staying in a private villa [msnsmile]

blott
22-02-2005, 15:53
Unfortunately it's not within walking distance (not many places are within walking distance in Florida as everyone uses cars) unless you're really into walking!

KirstieLou
22-02-2005, 16:21
Most villa communities are quite far back from the main roads as this is what makes them so great.

the best way by far is to hire a car

wend
22-02-2005, 16:25
Hi, I would say it's at least 15 minutes drive from Cres. Lakes. Good for a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night as very lively with live music. The Red Lobster restaurant next door is good for food and you can leave the car there and walk through to Old Town.

Wend

Nostromo
22-02-2005, 16:47
As the others have said, you definitely need a car to go into Old Town. But if you ARE going there, try to be there by about 4pm on a Saturday, aiming to spend several hours. It is a great place to go with an old-fashioned 'country-fair' atmosphere, shops, amusement stalls, rides, food, music, dancing and above all the vintage car cruise. If you give yourself enough time at Old Town, it can be one of the most rewarding experiences of visiting Central Florida.

chrizzy100
22-02-2005, 17:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by musicmaker2904
Hi everyone!
i was wondering if anyone could help! we are staying in the Crescent Lakes villa complex and I was wondering, is this within wlaking distance of old town kissimmee?? everywhere i've looked just says its 'nearby', which is just a little ominous!
Thanks very much,
Alex:)
[/quote]

In the USA 'not far' or 'nearby' is around a 5 to 15 min drive.....[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
22-02-2005, 19:52
Best to get a cab if you don't want to drive. The States is not as pedestrian friendly as back home.