PDA

View Full Version : CAR NOT AVAILABLE

KJH
21-02-2005, 03:48
Can anyone give any info?

We booked an 8 seater van through the above site, but when we arrived on the 31st January were told there were only 12 seaters left.

Other half did not want one this big, so we asked about the Durango. We had to pay nearly $300 extra. As this was the only option that would fit our luggage and five passengers.

Should I have had to pay this much?

Thanks for any help.

Kaz

blott
21-02-2005, 04:08
Kaz, you need to contact John or Roger and ask about this.

Nostromo
21-02-2005, 10:36
As far as I know, you are entitled to the size and type of the car that you booked. If they are unable to supply it, they should NOT charge you extra for the alternative vehicle and you should be allowed to choose what suits you.

Also, I doubt very very much if the "12-seater" that you turned down would actually have been bigger than the 8-seater. Most likley, it would have been an 8-seater with an extra bench seat added in the luggage space. Normally this would be a big annoyance and unacceptable, but I wonder whether you lot might have managed well enough with just the 5 of you plus the luggage.

Cruella DeVilla
21-02-2005, 15:51
Speak to the boys about this.
Normally if the car places don't have what you order they normally supply you with an upgrade and you do not pay.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2005, 18:43
The alternative to an 8 seater is a 12 seater which it looks like they correctly offered you. The Durango does not seat 8 and is not on the normal fleet that is available to us and is thus only offered in VERY extreme circumstances (e.g. no 12 seaters to offer).

Having said that, please email us with the details (including the Rental Agreement Number off the contract you signed with Dollar at the desk) and we can put it to Dollar for their comments.

Carla
21-02-2005, 19:01
We ordered a 7-seater many trips ago and ended up with a 12-seater because Alamo had run out. We took it and then went back next morning around mid day when people had started to return cars, and swapped it for a 7-seater. You can always take whatever you are offered and then change it - this is never a problem. They will always offer something bigger or better (at no extra charge) than you booked, if you ever happen to be in this situation.