PDA

View Full Version : Football!!!

Michele L
20-02-2005, 22:42
Can I just say well done to the Toon Army for beating Chelsea!!

We can go all the way!! Apart from the fact I am getting married and all my family (mostly Toon supporters) will be flying out the day before the cup final!! including my Dad who has waited all his life to see newcastle win a bit of silverware

We will just have to wait and see and hope 'me Dad' will do the right thing!!

Howay the Lads

Michele

wrpac00
20-02-2005, 23:29
Well if you can't beat 8 men you need shooting. You must have had a complete seasons luck all in one game, perhaps that will stop that whinger Souness from moaning. You were totally outplayed by 9.5 men. Don't worry, you won't be going to the final.

Ray&Sarah
20-02-2005, 23:44
My son (big Man Utd supporter) was routing all the way for the toon army, he just wanted Chelsea out of the cup though.[msnsmile]

wrpac00
20-02-2005, 23:54
Now Chelsea are out it lays the path open for Utd.

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 00:05
Um thats what he said![msnoo][msnsmile2]

Florida3883
21-02-2005, 00:07
I never doubted my team. Chelsea who..!!Bring on the quarter finals..[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
21-02-2005, 00:20
well this makes a pleasant change!!!!!!!!!
but hey look at what Brighton did yesterday!! they beat sunderland 2-1 and played with 10 men for a while!!!!!![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 00:26
We don't talk about yesterdays results as Rays team only managed a 2-2 draw, poor Southampton are not having a good season.[msnscared]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
21-02-2005, 00:46
While we are on the subject of FOOTBALL,i happen to be a Birmingham City fan (no laughing thankyou):D

Now anyone who knows even a little about football will know we have won one miserable league cup way back in ummm well lets just say a long time ago[msnembarrased]

We had not even reached a cup final since i was 8 so when i booked my first ever trip to Orlando in 2001 wouldent you just know it that we go and get to the league cup final where we were playing Liverpool just at the same time as i was in Orlando.

I was disappointed to say the least but as it turned out i was having such a fantastic time with a wonderful person in wonderful Orlando that i did not even think about the match on the day...well hardly anyway[msnwink]

Needless to say i have since returned to Orlando another 4 times (soon to be 5[8D])while my Blues team have returned to the final a grand total of 0 times[msnsad]

John.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/2005220204330_TATOOS.jpg
Thinking of changing this to a tattoo of Mickey Mouse as he gives me more good times than BCFC:D

BTW i think we lost the game 2-1,but we wus robbed

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 00:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC
While we are on the subject of FOOTBALL,i happen to be a Birmingham City fan (no laughing thankyou):D

[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sorry couldn't resist.:D

ORLANDO_MAGIC
21-02-2005, 00:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey thats cruel[V]i cant help the fact i was born in B'ham and at least im loyal unlike MAN U fans who support the reds despite being born miles away:D

walmsley_family
21-02-2005, 00:56
Mike & Mark are supportors of Burnley who did very well today against Blackburn in the local derby ...replay is on the 1st March the day before we go to LOndon for our flight over on the 3rd. Do not know what would happen if it were on the 2nd...prob have to travel afterwards!!!!
Jo

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 01:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey thats cruel[V]i cant help the fact i was born in B'ham and at least im loyal unlike MAN U fans who support the reds despite being born miles away:D
[/quote]

Point taken John. Ray would agree with you completely he is a Soton supporter as he was born there and lived there until he was 10. Our sons however much to his disappointment are big Man Utd supporters. I will add though, not glory supporters but chose the team because my dad is and always has been a big Utd fan and to our eldest when he was little Grandad was God so if he supported Utd it followed that our son had to as well. Ray has never managed to persuade him otherwise and the youngest son followed suit.[msnsmile]

kitty
21-02-2005, 01:35
wrpacoo,i dont know what game you were watching but no way were the toons out played,they messed up putting 3 subs on very amateur move, all we can say is come on you barcca.Gooner fan[clap][clap][clap]

stuart
21-02-2005, 02:23
Stuart was jumping for joy yesterday when his team, Brentford, clawed their way back from being 2-0 down to drawing the game 2-2. Whilst me, on the other hand, was disappointed with my team's draw today. Come on Spurs, its the year of the rooster, you can beat Forest on 2nd March!!

Kim

poohbear
21-02-2005, 03:07
i am a spurs fan too
my husband is a liverpool fan
my three sons are west ham fans
but i think spurs are the best[msnwink]

stuart
21-02-2005, 04:11
Absolutely Poohbear. I couldn't agree with you more[msnwink]

Come on you Lilywhites[clap]

Kim

bmwtouring
21-02-2005, 06:40
My eldest son was one of the lucky ones, he managed to get a ticket for the Brentford game. He used to play for junior bee's, so he was well chuffed with the result at St Marys.

Lets hope they do as well at home

[sporty][sporty][sporty]"COME ON YOU BEE'S"[sporty][sporty][sporty]

wrpac00
21-02-2005, 14:19
Kitty,

You must have been watching another channel. Apart from the first 15 mins when the team were getting to know each other and you scored you were totally outplayed. What were the sats at one point 84% posession to Chelsea, we even played better than you with 10 then 9.5 men.

timfawson
21-02-2005, 14:50
Hey Ray, thought we were the only Saint's supporters on here Nice to know there are now 5 of us.
We were all born in southampton lived there for 30 years. Still havent lost the accent unlike the Kids to listen to them you would think they had been born and bred in Dublin !!!

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 20:19
Great to know that Ray is not alone![msnwink]:D

Michele L
21-02-2005, 21:10
We've got a home draw now!! It makes a change, normally all the bigger clubs get the luck!!

This year is our year - come on the toon! We have only waited 50 years for it, so everyone else stop being greedy and let us have a go!!
[msnwink][msncool][msnwink]

Michele

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 21:15
My son has just informed me that even if Rays team get through the replay they will be faced with Man-Utd in the next round, oh dear.[msnscared]

kitty
22-02-2005, 01:28
wrpac00 oh dear you are a sore loser me and all my family have always been life long gooners, you chelsea supporters have been blinkered by a thick check book,until you won the lottery you were in the wilderness,if you buy a fleet of rolls royces you expect them to run and run above everybody,what happens one day if that money disappears once more back to the wilderness.Sorry[msncry][msncry][msncry]

wrpac00
22-02-2005, 20:41
Not a sore loser at all Kitty but at least I understand football and DID watch the game something it appears you didn't.

I think you are the sore loser Kitty, another club to challenge you and Man Utd makes you only the third best team in the country. [msncry][msncry][msncry]

Hardly in the wilderness Kitty but the Russian dosh has come in handy, helped us catch up with what Man Utd and Arsenal have spent over the past 5 years. You hope the money disappears but I don't think it will, sorry[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Michele L
22-02-2005, 20:53
I am with you Kitty, I did see the game and you were right BAD DECISION BY THE MANAGER - even I, dare I say as a girl would not have used ALL 3 subs with 45 mins to go especially in the treachorous weather conditions. Perhaps they are just getting complacent.

Oh yes, I do believe Chelsea had 1 chance of scoring where it hit the cross-bar, all the other "chances" were not that good.

Lets just say Newcastle did not play their best BUT to be fair NOR did Chelsea they were hardly outstanding were they?

I am sure the result has given Chelsea a shake up and that they will go to Barcelona and win - after all any English Clubs left in Europe should be supported by ALL England fans. I am sure it will be a good match.

Michele

kitty
22-02-2005, 23:41
wrpac00 please do me a favour you sound to me just another armchair supporter that come out of the woodwork when you pull together a couple of results,when was the last time chelsea won the league -5 years,10 years ago, no 40 plus.Were on that northbank terrace every other week,this is where the genuine football is played,a team not a collection of psx2 players.Ohh that hurts,sorry paul chin up[drinkbeer][beer]

wrpac00
23-02-2005, 02:21
Kitty,

As usual you have got your facts wrong once again but I wouldn't expect anything else from a gonner (and I did mean to spell it like that ). Been a Chelsea supporter for over 38 years, been through thick and thin.

A team with no English players who NEVER do well in Europe, who knocked you out last year[msnsad]

Did well again tonight I see, out of Europe again[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Better luck next year.

Michele L
23-02-2005, 23:20
I think you should wait and see how chelsea do!! - also mmmm haven't you got a high percentage of Foreign players, well in excess of 60-70, where shall we start, Drogba blah blah

Fingers crossed for tonight, should be an interesting game!![}:)][}:)]

Michele

poohbear
23-02-2005, 23:29
:Dheres hoping barcelona win tonight[msnwink]:D

24-02-2005, 00:00
ITS JUST A GAME!!!!! NO ARGUEMENTS PLEASE!!!!!

I like the game but I hate the fact that it divides people and thats whats happening on this thread!!!!

Why do supporters say 'WE' when talking about the team they support "YOU WERE NOT PLAYING"!!!

So come on keep friendly

'ITS JUST A GAME'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
[msnsmile][msnsmile2][msnwink][msntongue]

poohbear
24-02-2005, 01:42
heres hoping barcelona win tonight hehehe[laugh][laugh][laugh]

kitty
24-02-2005, 02:56
[clap][clap][clap][msncry]

Michele L
24-02-2005, 11:43
Did I mention Drogba?

Michele

kitty
24-02-2005, 15:40
sure did he did well didnt he,got to learn that when you tackle like that you get the chance of being sent off.Good refereeing[msntongue]

wrpac00
24-02-2005, 17:53
I see you were watching through your rear end again Kitty. So is that a new rule then? You can't go for a ball if it is within 6" of a goalkeeper? At least we didn't lose 2 players for slapping and poking someone in the nose.

djdigitald
25-02-2005, 00:06
Paul,is that English for Jose :D Ah well who wpou;d have thought myteam would be the only English club to win in the ECL this week [clap]

flyrr100
25-02-2005, 01:00
Life long Chelsea fan here. Congrats to you Geordies..... Go all the way.
We'd have won if Peter Osgood was playing!

John Rocke
25-02-2005, 02:28
There isn't a team since the premiership started that hasn't bought the title. Start with Man U , then Blackburn and Arsenal as well.
Chelsea fans should remember that if the roubles hadn't arrived they would have preceded Leeds Utd down the path they find themselves.

The nonsense the so called loyal supporters spout, where the length of time they have been mug enough to turn up week in week out to watch a pile of dross gives them bragging rights over similarly afflicted souls beats me.I wish I was brave enough to pick and choose my games but these days if you haven't got a season ticket, your chances of seeing a Premiership club are minimal. Most of them operate at around 85% capacity for the home sections.

The West side of London has always been in the shadows ( football wise anyway) and the fact that they have waited so long for their 15 minutes of fame makes them all the more gleeful that it has arrived, at whatever eventual cost to them as a club.

The monopoly at the top of the pile in England is now as predictable as Scotland, and it ain't the managers skills that have created the divide is it?

So all you chelskis and gooners can have your swipes at each other and Ferguson has his little tantrums while the rest of us just yawn and you know that when you win, you only really enjoy maybe two or three wins a season, while every point we gain and every win we have will keep us buzzing till the next game.And when we beat you lot, what a joy that is.

j rocke.

poohbear
25-02-2005, 02:32
well said[clap][clap][clap]

kitty
25-02-2005, 03:09
Well done newcastle[clap],we are quite lucky when it comes to going to see a game we have a family enclosure ticket and as long as i dont mind being on the phone over an hour always manage to get tickets.The longest time i had to wait to order the tickets was the arsenal chelsea match took me 2 hours wait on the phone before it bacame un engaged.[sporty]

Michele L
25-02-2005, 03:15
Just found out the result as I was working!! Come on the toon. it is nice to see that other chelsea supporters are practical and reasonable (Jeff and Amy), thank you.

Well done to Liverpool as well - I do not think that they have been mentioned on this thread yet.

Can I also say well doen to Yeovil (where my other half is from). they are doing really well and I hope they go up this season as it will bring a lot of joy/money/work to the town.

Heres to the next round for all the ompetitions!!

Michele

Michele L
27-02-2005, 23:22
Well done the Toon who seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment - it was a long time coming!!

Well done Chelsea - although i must question your manager at the minute!! Does not seem to like the pressure does he?? But if he takes the job on and gets paid millions then he has to realise that he has to be professional!

is it me or does there seem to be more sendings off in the last few weeks? Every game seems to lose a man at the moment - are the tackles becoming more vicious? or are the referees doing there job properly/

Michele

wrpac00
27-02-2005, 23:26
I think the latter Michele. All refs have to do now is stop footballers mouthing off at them, you don't get in rugby so why do they get away with in football. You would soon stop it if you gave them a yellow card each time, mind you Rooney would have to change a lot otherwise he would never be playing.

kitty
02-03-2005, 02:54
4-----2 come on you gooners [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Michele L
02-03-2005, 11:44
Kitty

I watched the game, which I thought Sheffield played really well!! I wanted them to go through as knowing our luck we will get Arsenal in the semi's and they will probably be back to full strength!!

But I did enjoy it and I thought Sheffield's goalie (apart from the penalties) did a great job.

But well done Arsenal for holding their nerve

Michele

MaggieAllan
02-03-2005, 12:20
We thoroughly enjoyed the Arsenal v Sheffield Utd match last night, albeit we only started watching from half time. Sheffields defence was awesome, although Arsenals midfield never them let them get going.

We're Man U fans and want Ferguson to sign Kenny..what a goalie! He looks more like the build of a rugby player, but apart from the penalties were he looked a bit static, he certainly was my MOM.

julieanne
02-03-2005, 13:16
I enjoyed the match last night too. Was watching it at my Mum & Dad's house and slipped on the ice on the way home [msnoo]
Didn't actually fall over but pulled my back a little and started my sciatica off [msncry]

MaggieAllan
02-03-2005, 13:20
Oh poor you...you probably jarred yourself stopping yourself falling[msnsad]

julieanne
02-03-2005, 13:27
That'll teach me to be walking the streets late at night in the snow!!!!;)

wrpac00
02-03-2005, 15:43
Kenny had a pain killing injection before the game, from the penalties it was obvious on what side the problem was being as he went the same way each time.