PDA

View Full Version : Cinderellabration

millie
19-02-2005, 22:00
This new show is set for a soft opening on the 17th of March - will be nice to see a different show!

<span style="color:navy">OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

October 2004

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The "happily ever after" tale of Cinderella and Prince Charming continues for Walt Disney World guests in May 2005 when a glittering stage show adapted from Tokyo Disneyland debuts at Magic Kingdom.

Filled with sparkling pageantry, luxurious costumes, romantic choreography and a lush musical score incorporating new compositions and several classic Disney songs, "Cinderellabration" welcomes a who's-who of Disney princesses to join in the gala coronation ceremony in which Cinderella is at last crowned a princess.

The Magic Kingdom production takes center stage in front of the towering spires of Cinderella Castle, the majestic icon of Walt Disney World Resort, and continues the rags-to-riches story of Cinderella after the events of Walt Disney's classic 1950 animated feature film.

Joining Cinderella on her special day are Disney's most beloved princesses, including:

* Snow White (from 1937's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs")
* Aurora (from 1959's "Sleeping Beauty")
* Belle (from 1991's "Beauty and the Beast")
* Jasmine (from 1992's "Aladdin")

Also on hand are Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, the king, his majordomo and members of the king's royal court, all dressed in their finest attire.

Part of "The Happiest Celebration on Earth," the live musical spectacular is one of several new attractions Walt Disney World Resort will unveil in 2005-2006 in conjunction with a global salute to the 50th anniversary of California's Disneyland, festivities that will involve each of the Disney theme parks around the world.

"Cinderellabration" is inspired by a popular stage show created for the 20th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland in 2003 and will be staged several times daily at Magic Kingdom.</span id="navy">

E. Cosgrove
19-02-2005, 23:25
Sounds great, we are there from 21st of March so will have to check it out

bluebirds
20-02-2005, 22:55
I understood that the Cindercelebration does not open until the begining of May. I maybe wrong. It is all part of the 50th celebrations. I will go and check out the appropriate websites for a better date. Not sure if it is for us. Having 2 boys of 6 and 9 who are not into princess's and like i am going to be hard pressed to get them to see this.:D

brizzle
20-02-2005, 23:06
The official start of the celebrations are 05-05-05, clever huh?
So the official start will probably be early May but Disney normally have soft openings to tweak the show/ride before 'go live' and to train the cast members.

People going March/April may get lucky but just don't expect it.

I'm assuming Soarin' (EPCOT) and the Stunt Show (MGM) will also open about 05-05-05 too?

Brizzle.

Nostromo
21-02-2005, 00:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle

I'm assuming Soarin' (EPCOT) and the Stunt Show (MGM) will also open about 05-05-05 too?

Brizzle.

[/quote]

I did not think that a specific date had been set for either attraction yet. But looking at the WDW sutes, I think it is more likely to be summer proper before they are up and running. So don't be too hopeful, Brizzle.

brizzle
21-02-2005, 00:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

Brizzle.

[/quote]

I did not think that a specific date had been set for either attraction yet. But looking at the WDW sutes, I think it is more likely to be summer proper before they are up and running. So don't be too hopeful, Brizzle.
[/quote]

I go October so no worries for me personally :)

millie
21-02-2005, 02:18
I know it is part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth celebrations in May but it says it is due to soft open on 17th. Here is the info - not the official site but as good as! Have got nothing wrong so far in the years I have been on there.

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration will go on hiatus
February 26, 2005, to make way for the new
Cinderellabration show, which is being imported
from Tokyo Disneyland.

The new show is due to "soft open"
March 17, 2005, on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
It will officially debut when the
"Happiest Celebration on Earth" (Disneyland's 50th Anniversary)
kicks off in May 2005.

CarolAnn
30-04-2005, 19:50
The official start of the celebrations are 05-05-05, clever huh?
So the official start will probably be early May but Disney normally have soft openings to tweak the show/ride before 'go live' and to train the cast members.

Brizzle.

[/quote]
You are right Brizzle, we came back on 17th April and experienced both! Soarin because they had a preview for annual pass holders, and the new extreme stunt show, Lights,Motors ,Action, because they happened to be running a preview the day we were in the studios!!
Both were really good, Soarin in particular, though we love a show!