PDA

View Full Version : We want respect .

ORLANDO_MAGIC
19-02-2005, 18:03
I had to laugh at this story.
I dont have kids but know a lot of you in here do,so this might be more up your street:D

Cat Barnard sits in her driveway in Enterprise, Fla. Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2004, near the tent where and she and her husband, Harlan slept. The Barnards moved out of the house and set up the tent in the driveway to go on strike because their children, Benjamin, 17, and Kit, 12, refused to do household chores. The parents won't cook, clean or drive their children until they shape up.(Photo-Peter Cosgrove)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200521914123_respect.jpg

LiesaAnna
19-02-2005, 18:17
nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine wont do them unless i scream at them!!!!!

Ray&Sarah
19-02-2005, 19:03
I think its a great idea, mind you I can't complain my lads are pretty good, they help with the housework, hoovering and dusting and this week because it was half-term they cleaned the whole house from top to bottom. The incentive is that their pocket money comes with a list of chores each month, the list is short but they will usually do extra, because they are used to helping out.[msnsmile]

Sharon G
19-02-2005, 20:09
I,m just looking for our tent!!!![msneek][msneek][msneek]

Sharon

jolliffee
19-02-2005, 23:12
Ummmm! why did they move out, they could do that and still sleep in their own room.

rosie
19-02-2005, 23:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
Ummmm! why did they move out, they could do that and still sleep in their own room.
[/quote]

Err because they don't get their 5 minutes of fame if the TV camera's can't film it???? [msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
20-02-2005, 00:05
It would appear that the photographer is my nephew, he's nine![msnwink]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
20-02-2005, 01:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
It would appear that the photographer is my nephew, he's nine![msnwink]
[/quote]

He takes a good pic for someone so young:D

Calamity Jane
20-02-2005, 12:54
Looking at the size of the tent, surely it would have been more comfortable in the car ( unless the kids wont give them the keys) :D:D

Nostromo
20-02-2005, 12:58
I wonder what would happen if some UK parents tried something like this to try and get even with their rebellious teenagers. Mind you, the British weather is not too conducive to living out in a tent, but it is one way of imagining that you're in Florida!

Rhosyn
20-02-2005, 13:13
In the U.k I would take the tv dvd cd pc,etc off them and tell them it was bought with my money. After an hour or two they would be willing to help. After all what can they do with no money and all their games. Its a hard life being a teenager.

chunkichik
20-02-2005, 16:34
Personally, I would make the KIDS sleep in the tent!!!!!!! However, I expect Social Services would be on your doorstep within hours if anyone tried anything like that in this country!!!!!

KevinT
20-02-2005, 19:19
Don't you just love optimists?[msnsad]

Wow, just noticed I got my fourth star back!!

So every cloud does have a silver lining [clap][clap]

Nostromo
20-02-2005, 20:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
Personally, I would make the KIDS sleep in the tent!!!!!!! However, I expect Social Services would be on your doorstep within hours if anyone tried anything like that in this country!!!!!
[/quote]

I bet they would! Thanks to these interfering %@*#![msnmad] busybodies, a lot of children in this country lack discipline. The problem is that the SS don't know where to draw the line and are used to dealing more with protocols than with people and real situations.

Ray&Sarah
20-02-2005, 23:53
Have to agree with you there Nostromo.[msnscared]

Cruella DeVilla
21-02-2005, 15:17
Why are the adults outside and the kids still in the house? Summit wrong there[laugh]

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 20:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Why are the adults outside and the kids still in the house? Summit wrong there[laugh]
[/quote]

It does seem a bit off doesn't it CDV!!![msnscared][msnsmile]

CarolAnn
21-02-2005, 20:45
Perhaps the parents are in the process of packing the car up to go away....while the kids are still at school[msnwink][msnwink]Nah!!! Too wicked[msntongue]

Lyn
21-02-2005, 21:07
According to my son I am the only mum who asks her son to do any housework! I am also the only mum that shouts (if you want anything doing this is the only way I find to get a response) I am also the only mum that asks 'what time will you be home' and expectes them to be home at this time (some luck)[msnoo][msnsad]

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2005, 21:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
According to my son I am the only mum who asks her son to do any housework! I am also the only mum that shouts (if you want anything doing this is the only way I find to get a response) I am also the only mum that asks 'what time will you be home' and expectes them to be home at this time (some luck)[msnoo][msnsad]
[/quote]

You can show him this thread Lyn and prove that some other parents do make their sons help with the housework.[msnwink]:D