PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

dannib
01-02-2003, 03:38
I could really do with some help.

I am going to Orlando:D with my family in May for just over 2 weeks.
We have a villa booked (on Emerald Island)and am only just sorting everything else out!I have a few questions but would take me forever to write it all out now (plus I wouldn't want to bore you!) but if you could try to help me with this for now that'd be great!

There are 8 adults & 4 children (well, 2 of them teenagers) altogether going, and only have 2 drivers between us. What I am trying to work out is what would be the best car arrangement. My parents aren't likely to do the theme parks everyday, and want to go off and do there own thing so would need a car of their own and the rest of us will do the parks most days, but did not want to necessarily drive a 15 seater. any suggestions?

thank you.

I'm sure you will hear from me again soon!

blott
01-02-2003, 03:53
Hi Dannib

Help on it's way - do not panic! Someone asked a very similar question recently that you'll find at http://orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2630 which might give you some help.

Generally, I think, with a mixed age group party such as yours, the concensus was that it would be good to have two vehicles although this may possibly work out slightly more expensive than one vehicle but may be worthwhile, if only to save arguments about who wants to go where! 7 seaters are really easy to drive and your whole group would fit into two of them so that might help your problem? Alternatively, there are 12 seater vehicles available from some car rental companies if you think you've only got two to four of your party who might want to go off separately.

We're always happy to answer questions so, if you've got any more, just fire away!

dannib
01-02-2003, 04:04
Most of the time there will be 10 of us doing the theme parks and 2 off else where. We didn't really want to hire anything much bigger than a 7 seater. Do they allow children sitting on laps out there?
If not are there shuttles that run from resorts to disney?
I was thinking maybe it'd be easier for 2 of us to take a shuttle, instead of cost of extra car. (only other possible driver is under 25 and is too expensive with extra cost).

MMFAN
01-02-2003, 06:29
Hi Dannib,

Emerald Island is only about 2 miles from the Animal Kingdom parking lot, where there is a taxi stand. You can get to Animal Kingdom for free from any other Disney park by using their buses. Then you can share a ride to the villa with the rest of your group.

bellaepovera
01-02-2003, 12:05
Children cannot sit on parents laps. You will get a ticket for sure if you do that.

orlandobabe
01-02-2003, 15:02
In October we hired a 12 seater for 9 of us. There wasn't one on arrival at the airport-so we were given a 15 seater. I didn't like this at all-so we got an 8 seater. We had already paid for a 4/5 seater as well.

Just a word of warning-in case there isn't a 12 seater available. That 15 seater was a big gas guzzler too!

neilandkay
01-02-2003, 22:19
Emerald Island has a shuttle service to the theme parks (at an additional charge). I think in September 02 the prices were $8 - $13 return per person (depending on the destination). The shuttle company was Maingate Transportation 1-407-870-5553 You can contact them for the latest schedules & prices.

The shuttle service can work out great where you have teenagers that want to go off by themselves with out parents acting as Taxi Drivers.

Alternatively would the 2 people going off by themselves be happy to drop off and pick up some of the party? Then you could have 2 seven seaters.

With such a large group, you may want to think about buying some walkie talkies so that you can all keep in contact. You can buy some very cheaply in Walmart in Kissimmee.

--Kay

dannib
02-02-2003, 19:05
Thanks for your help.

We have kind of decided that we will get a 7 seater, and a normal car (my parents don't really need or want to drive a 7 seater). It will be a great help there being a shuttle running from the resort though!

And the walkie talkies sound a good idea. Will look into that when we get out there!

Thanks again

You'll probably hear from me again soon though!

:)