PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic holiday shame about the Burglery

alfie
18-02-2005, 19:24
Well Just back! yesterday morning actually, over the jet lag i hope after a good 13 hour sleep [msnscared] was the best ever. stayed 12 nights in the fantastic Royal pacific universal hotel pure paradise.

twightlight checkin went great as only 20mins from gatwick, then next day flight extremely smoove ad on time, food ok as was the service. husbands tv wasnt working but they game him the DVD player so that was fine. THEN CUSTOMS AAAAHHHHH. biggest queues i have ever seen had nearly all counters on but still right back to the walk way. and we were at the end of a queue. were in there over an hour until our turn. THEN we were at the counter for over 20 minutes, she eventually explained that my daughters passport wasnt showing on the database (have twin girls both with the initial J) after loads of calling over from other customs people they just said never mind have a good vacation [?] great security ehh!! then waited for another 40 minutes upstairs for our luggage and THEN they didnt have our 8 seater car left! we were getting really fed up by now!! but they gave us a deranjo (think thats its name) and made up for it as was a beaut of a car! Got upgraded room at hotel to 7th floor pool view room which overlooked the parks greaaat! a couple of days mixed with IOA and POOl and studios and POOL then had a chilly 56 deg day so went airboating absolutely fantastic!! boggy creek would def recommend. Then by Tuesday (3 days in) weather in 80's and stayed that way for the whole time. Seaworld just as good as ever husband was the Shamu victim!! very jealous as he got to pet him [^]. dinning in city walk, margaritta ville wow!! hard rock (got priority seating as hotel guests) travelled out over nights to Bahama breeze lovely and of course filled up in mornings with the buffets. Parks empty near enought, we had express passes on everything as hotel guests but didnt have to use them as just walked on rides each time except MUMMY ride were we did use them as everyone queing for that one. Downtown checkin on way back and flight back smoove if a little delayed,

THEN GOT HOME TO FIND HOUSE BEEN BROKEN INTO [msnmad][msncry] Took all my kids ps games and computer games, jewellery and dvds, left everything else including this laptop very strange, but we will not let it effect our memories of our holiday no way!!

Yes will will go back next year loved the Royal but will mix it with a week with a villa next time partly the price and mostly the comfort of the sleeping arangements and space. TA TA for now.

Nostromo
18-02-2005, 19:56
I feel sorry for you about the burglary Alfie; this must have spoilt what otherwise would have been a great break. The loss must have brought you home with a big bump. I hope that the insurance covers everything. Even more, I hope the cops catch the lousy #*?#%[msnmad]s and give them [gun][gun][gun].

E. Cosgrove
18-02-2005, 20:03
Sorry to hear about the break in Alfie, they are real B******s.
You are right not to let it spoil your holiday though, glad you had a great time.

Ray&Sarah
18-02-2005, 20:50
Great to hear that you had a good holiday Alfoe, sorry to hear that you came home to a burglary.

daisy
18-02-2005, 21:08
glad you all had a good holiday it sounds like you all had a good time how lovely to actually pet shamu.
it is shuch a shame that youve come home to find youve been broken into. what goes around comes around so lets hope the b******s get there`s !

ORLANDO_MAGIC
18-02-2005, 21:26
What a terrible thing to come back to,but trying to look on the positive side,at least those as******never stole everything, no one got hurt and best of all you still have your great memories of your time in Orlando.

I know its very unlikely they will ever catch them but if they do i have an idea what we can do to them >>>
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/2005218172527_hang.gif

18-02-2005, 21:50
Alfie I know exactly how you feel, it happened to us in 2002 only they did take the computers and a whole lot more[msnsad]

Glad you had a good holiday though!!![msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
18-02-2005, 22:52
Alfie, am so sorry to hear about the dreadful burglary! we always have some one stay in our home, give the lived in impression, maybe consider that next time??
but glad you had a great holiday!!!!
hope they catch the nasty swines!!!!!!!!!! i hate people that can be so cruel!!!!

bluebirds
18-02-2005, 22:57
Glad you had a good holiday. Dreading the queues at Immigration. Just hope they will speed up when we go in the Spring. We are going to have a house sitter to look after the cats and the house. Plus my kind neighbours are all going to keep an eye on the house and the sitter. Lets hope the b!!***s are caught.[msnsad]

alfie
18-02-2005, 23:53
Thanks all for your kind thoughts... It happened and best forgotten about son is still very scared as it was mostly his stuff which was taken so has taken it personally, the loss doesnt bother me but the intrusion does!! and the sadness on my kids faces. They could have trashed the place which would have been worse. I feel very sorry for the neighbours and family as they were all looking after the place, coming in every day etc watering the plants etc so thy feel soooo very bad and not their fault at all as the window out back was prized open (double locks now) they called the police and have been dreading telling us on our arrival back here they did the right thing in not letting us know until our return therefore not spoiling our hols!!

Magical Dreams
19-02-2005, 15:37
The burglary
At least the things taken can easily be replaced.

Memories can't!!

At least you had a great holiday!

These things come to try us!!

What rotten people we have in society!!
[gun]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
19-02-2005, 15:47
I have to admit if i were to get burgled the worst thing i could lose would be my photographs which have some great memories and could never be replaced,unlike money and material possessions.

John.

Nostromo
19-02-2005, 17:17
I live in horror of being burgled. I have some very collectable Silver Age comics, books, View-Master reels etc that I have gathered over the last 30 years and would be heartbroken if lost. Those sort of things cannot be replaced by a mere insurance payout. That's why we have installed a good alarm system liked to the police. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

KarenScott
19-02-2005, 18:15
So sorry to hear about your break-in, hope that the police do track down the culprit. Hope it hasn't spoilt your holidy memories. Your report makes me want to get back out there soon!
Are you planning your next trip yet?[msnwink]

alfie
20-02-2005, 16:01
Yes most definately, will be booking 1 week Uni hotel and another week in one of this sites villa's so will be back on soon asking loads of questions - sorry!!

KarenScott
20-02-2005, 17:57
Alfie, don't apologise, bring on all those questions!!

Fletch
22-02-2005, 02:41
I'm so sorry you were burgled, but it's nice to know that it hasn't spoilt your holiday memories.

CarolAnn
22-02-2005, 12:14
That is awful Alfie, I would have been heart broken!! You seem to be very positive about it, and not letting it spoil your great trip memories is fantastic. Best wishes with insurance claims and hope the rest of the family have come to terms with it?
Get them to start planning their next trip to Florida, to cheer them up!![msncool]

orlandodaze
28-02-2005, 02:21
Ijust want to say how sorry I am Alfie about the burgalary. It is something I always dread coming home from holidays . I believe the worst thing is the intrusion into your home the insurance can take care of the stolen objects but our homes are our own and the thoughts of uninvited guests trailing through makes us most unconfortable . My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family. The way you handled this has been an inspiraton to us all.

chunkichik
14-03-2005, 20:33
Alfie, what a horrible way to end such a fantastic holiday[msnsad] as you say, it could have been worse, but I think just the fact that someone has been in your home and gone through personal belongings is awful, i hope they catch the bleeps![grouphug]

bryj
11-04-2005, 04:02
Alfie
what a blow- I sympathise strongly.
I used to have my address on a sticker on the outside of my case, hoping it might find its way home if it got lost, until it was pointed out to me that any number of unscrupulous people may see it in transit, and think haha there's an empty house for a week! A little cynical, perhaps, but maybe not too far fetched.
Bry

amy
12-04-2005, 00:30
Alfie after reading your trip report i can't believe how lucky we were. we returned to find our home unlocked but the alarm on, we must have been to pre-occupied and excited about our florida trip. A friend had keys and observes the house, but only pops in if she needs anything, a few other neighbours told us they'd kept an eye on things after noticing the car missing. What makes it worse the community bobby was passing and advised us all to be on the lookout as we have a regular visitor to our area in an afternoon, who likes entering without an invitation.