PDA

View Full Version : Reimanns P20 Sun Filter

nikkikl
18-02-2005, 19:36
Might be a long shot here but has anyone been through Gatwick recently and definately seen some Reimanns P20 Sun Filter? And, even better, can you remember how much it was?

It's very pricey in the 'normal' shops, not that many sell it and I just wondered if it is cheaper in Duty Free.

Cheers[B)]

Nikki

TonyBlenk
18-02-2005, 20:31
Nikki,
I've definately seen it for sale in the Duty Free shop.

You can call them on
World Duty Free +44(0)1293 502029

ravtino
18-02-2005, 20:31
Not sure about gatwick but they cretainly had it at Leeds/Bradford and it was cheaper than the shops, not that I was looking to buy as I tried it and didn't like it - not as effective for people that suffer from prickly heat!
Most airports stock it.

E. Cosgrove
18-02-2005, 20:59
Last year superdrug were selling it cheaper than duty free[msneek]

daisy
18-02-2005, 22:11
i know manchester sell it sorry i know not much help ! i have to say t his a swear by this stuff i have sensitive skin and burn very easily and this stuff does the job no burning at all. a tip though even though you leave it an hour before getting dresed i wounnt wear your favourite top or skirt with it it does come off onto your clothes and doesnt wash out ! most important though your skin is protected [msnsmile2] from the sun

nikkikl
18-02-2005, 22:23
I will give them a call at Gatwick, thanks guys. Personally, I wouldn't use anything else now, P20 is a godsend. I have fair hair, fair skin and burn easily and when you suffer from that I think it makes you a bit paranoid about the kids! I don't like the feeling of it on my skin but its better than the pain of sunburn that's for sure. But the fact that it goes on once and you don't have to reapply it does it for me!

Nostromo
18-02-2005, 22:29
Wallgreens do a gel called 'Solarcaine' which is one of the best 'after sun' preps that I have ever seen. If you do get sunburnt despite all your protection (my knees do, no matter what I put on them!), try this one. It works very well.

nikkikl
18-02-2005, 22:40
Thanks Nostromo - one shopping list:

1. Spider spray
2. Solarcaine

AngelaB
19-02-2005, 14:55
yeah Superdrug is cheaper than Duty Free, i cant quite remember the price but it was cheaper..

steph_goodrum
23-06-2005, 23:11
Just an update on the Reimanns P20

My 18 year old daughter was really happy to have found this last year, it having been recommended in the past by others. She has always had severe excema and this was the first one we have found that didn't aggravate her skin, she used it all last summer with no problems and swore by it.

She is working in America for the summer so we bought a new bottle for her to take and left the half empty one at home. When I spoke to her last week and she said she had been to the beach and used it and it irritated her skin. She was adamant that there was something slightly different about the smell (bearing in mind she hadn't opened the old bottle for a year ) and it felt different. A 2nd application another day made her itch again and out of curiosity I got in touch with the manufacturers (they have a website www.p20.com) just to see if it had been changed or if something else was aggravating her skin.

Knowing her keen senses I shouldn't have been surpised, but was, to find out she was right. Thay asked me to send the batch numbers and the one she had last year they were trying out a new formulation with a higher moisture content but they said some customers complained it felt too greasy, so they have reverted to the old formual which is the one we bought and she has taken with her.

All may not be lost though, when they said they had withdrawn the formulation we bought last year, I suggested that maybe they could market that for sensitive skin as obviously the higher moisture content seems better, for her at least, and being used to thick creamy moisturisers she actually found it less greasy than most sunscreens we've tried. So they have passed the suggestion to their Chief Chemist - so if you see a sensitive version on the shelves in the future - you can thank my daughter.:)

Bazamor
25-06-2005, 00:10
Saw it in the duty free in Manchester it was about £17 and there is a sensitive version! My wife wont use anything else on our kids, one off application Job done. They are both fair skinned but then our milkman is Norwegian. MMMM?

steph_goodrum
25-06-2005, 02:16
I've only ever seen the one kind Baz, probably because it's quite expensive they don't want to carry too much stock., if it works though the cost is immaterial.
There's no mention of a sensitive version on their website though.

ncmurray
26-06-2005, 14:22
When we lived in Ireland I used to buy a product called Parasol, which was a once a day application and was silicone based (?) and so was completely non greasy. It worked fantastically on our very fair Irish skin. However it is not available in the UK, but can anyone tell me if it is the same as Reimanns P20 if you have tried them both? I don't want to spend all that money on something that isn't as good.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[msnsmile]

abbeyvillas
26-06-2005, 23:39
You can buy the P20 Sun filter at most Duty Free shops and sometimes on the plane. I would be careful with it though, I agree with Karen - it may be okay for your skin but it does stain your clothes and is a nightmare to get off the white pool furniture and towels!![V]

Shirley G
27-06-2005, 00:57
It's cheaper in Superdrug.I work there.Sell loads of it.

Shirley.

steph_goodrum
27-06-2005, 03:11
If you have a beanch of Savers chemists in your town it was a couple of pounds cheaper even than Superdrug a couple of weeks ago, may be price matched by now, we paid just under £9 for 100ml and it was around £11 in Superdrug that week.

caroline
27-06-2005, 13:08
I sent an email to the company as like Stephs daughter, my nephew has bad excema and my sister has trouble finding sun tan lotion that doesn't upset his skin.

This was the reply I received this morning, so at the moment there isn't a sensitive skin version available:(

Dear Caroline

Thank you for your e-mail and kind words regarding our sunfilter P20. For the moment we only do the one version of our P20 sunfilter as you already know. I will however pass your e-mail on to our chief chemist as a suggestion.

I hope this answers your question.

Yours sincerely,
Riemann & Co.

Pia Ørskov
Customer Services

steph_goodrum
27-06-2005, 14:02
Caroline

I don't know if it applies to your nephew as well but because of her excema and other factors my daughter has to take antihistamines daily, like many other excema sufferers we know , which I didn't realise until I had read all the precautions for the sunscreen, can cause hypersensitivity to sunlight so even more care should be taken in the sun.

caroline
27-06-2005, 14:34
Steph

Oliver's skin is a real problem, he is so fair, his hair is really fair with just a hint of red and his skin is so white it's almost blue[msnscared]

But the kids aren't allowed to take sun protection into school so a once a day application would be great, if his skin could tolerate the cream - at the moment my sister has resorted to popping round to the school at lunchtime to reapply his suncream, and when she's working further afield either one of her friends or I have to do it for her - for me it's round trip of about an hour!

I keep telling her to go and see her GP and see if he'll write to the school, in this day and age when we're so aware of the sun and the importance of not getting burnt the schools attitude seems somewhat unreasonable.

steph_goodrum
27-06-2005, 14:55
Caroline

Your sister can insist that he be allowed to take the cream in even if he has to apply it himself.

My nephews school (he's 9) in fact this year have started to write to ALL parents to tell them they have started a "slip, slap, slop" policy to promote skin awareness.

When the sun comes out the children are told they are expected to
"slip on a hat, slap on a t-shirt and slop on the sunscreen". It takes them 5 minutes before lunch or play to make sure the children are protected so loses nothing of the school day but as well as immediate protection also makes the children think and do these as routine.

I must admit I have always found them to be very co-operative at whichever school my daughter went to, from the time she was 4 1/4, it was evident that it was bad and as soon as the weather got hotter I asked that she be allowed a bottle of water at break as the fountains were disgusting and she wasn't allowed to use them and dehydration is another big problem with the excema. They agreed straight away (especially as I pointed out it was a bit unfair if the teachers got a drink mid morning but the children had to wait from 8.30 till 12/1 ) and in fact since then almost 14 years ago they have allowed all children to take a drink.

caroline
27-06-2005, 15:33
He's only just 5, but understands that he needs sunscreen and is very good about letting you apply it, the school are adamant that a 5 year old cannot be responsible for applying his own suncream[msnsad] however my sister has him well trained and he's actually very responsible with it at home. Oh well at least they break up soon!

ALR
27-06-2005, 15:50
I agree that the kids should apply sunscreen in school.

I get E45 factor 50 on prescription, and it doesn't irritate my eczema.

I've also had Uvistat which didn't irritate.

I have to use sunblock whenever I'm out and about as I had malignant melanoma.

nikkikk
27-06-2005, 17:03
Just a thought but I remember reading an article about P20 which advised using with caution as it only covered one type of UV rays - can't remember if it was A or B. The upshot was that it actually didn't give you the full coverage you need.

The other day, however, I was reading an article which suggested that because we have all gone sun screen and cover up mad, as a country we are now showing signs of Vitamin D deficiency.

Who really knows!

caroline
27-06-2005, 17:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ALR
I agree that the kids should apply sunscreen in school.

I get E45 factor 50 on prescription, and it doesn't irritate my eczema.

I've also had Uvistat which didn't irritate.

I have to use sunblock whenever I'm out and about as I had malignant melanoma.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, I'll tell my sister.

Audrey
07-06-2006, 15:27
<span style="color:blue"></span id="blue"><span style="font-family:Lucida Console"></span id="Lucida Console">we too are advocates for P20, especially hubby who swears by it for his rapidly thinning napper. BUT as everyone else finds, it does stain clothing. Having thought that several items were bin fodder only, I tried Travel Wash (you know the kind from Semichem etc at 99p a tube) It worked and removed virtually all stains. Has anyone tried the new Piz Buin 'one a day' lotion? I thought it would be better for the youngsters as they tend to tip their hands and lose their P20 before it reaches the skin!!! Leaving for Orlando on 23rd so early repies would be appreciated.

ALR
07-06-2006, 15:44
I'm afraid I'm all for factor 50 and to keep slapping it on. I see a Dermatologist regularly and the problem with a lot of sun creams is that they don't last more than a couple of hours. It has to be constantly re-applied. You should also apply sunblock at least one hour before you go outside in the sun.

I'd advise everyone to take a look at the sunsmart website.

ALR

pieman790
07-06-2006, 16:16
We bought some Piz buin "Once" (Or some other similar name) from Superdrug before we went to Florida a few weeks ago. Comes in different factors from 8 to 30 and like the name says you only have to apply the once per day. They were selling it BOGOF and i do know that Boots were doing the same deal.
Have to say it is a very good product and did the job. My 4 year old has very fair skin and she did not burn once with factor 30, even when she was in and out of the pool with tempertures in the mid 90's.

Audrey
07-06-2006, 19:12
Thanks Neil and Cathy, It was the BOGOF that sparked my interest, also the fact that the factor 4 is only £5 a bottle in Superdrug - maybe not enough for most folks but after a few days it is all the protection I need. (Changed days from baby, or pure coconut, oil, I just fry now - most be old age!!!!!):)

Milly
07-06-2006, 20:01
I am very fair and use once a day Piz Bune ( I think) its the best ever went to our villa last August and didn't burn and spend a lot of time in the water parks

[clap][clap][sporty][sporty]

bargainqueen
08-06-2006, 10:28
P20 is £17.95 for 200ml at airpot, checked with Superdrug yesterday £21.95.

I suffer with prickly heat and have never been able to use suncream then someone recommended P20. I don't like the feeling of it on my skin but it works. I normally miss a bit on my shoulders and have a weird shape which gets burnt. No more bubble wrap skin though which is why I use it.

steph_goodrum
08-06-2006, 11:26
I've noticed that our comments to Reimanns must have been noted as many of the boxes now have written across the corner "original formula", so don't know if they have both on the market or have just reverted to the original.

jackie greaves
08-06-2006, 14:53
Hubby swears by P20, won't use anything else. I always suffer from heat rash around my neck, but on our last holiday I used the P20 and never got any heat rash. For some reason I never connected the two together. But now you mentioned it Barginqueen, it must have been the P20. Thanks.[msnsmile2]

sundowner
08-06-2006, 18:08
I have seen a site where it is £10.50 for 100ml, if anyone wants the address dm me.
Mary

Jo
08-06-2006, 21:54
Piz Buin Once a day is currently £4.99 in Savers. Lots of different factors including 30.

tibbytooth
09-06-2006, 00:53
Spent £17.50 for 200ml airside at Birmingham on the way home last week. Convinced user for many years, my wife is a redhead, my daughter a wee blonde heartbreaker, all survived Greece,Nepal, Fla, euro ski trips etc. Top product.

ali-uk
10-06-2006, 03:35
Hi
I have just bought the Piz Buin factors 30, 15 and 8 £5 each from Savers for Florida, my son is very fair and burns very quickly so i plan on using the 30 on him i used the factors 8 two days ago ironing in the back garden for 4 hours[msnscared], i didnt burn, i am fair too. I am back to Savers for more for sure[msnwink]. its just not worth the risk it can ruin a holiday.
I spoke to someone last week who just returned from a trip to Florida and went to Discovery Cove and you had to use their dolphin friendly suncream, her daughter is very fair and they reasured them their cream would protect her but she burnt badly[msnscared]
Ali

Ruth
10-06-2006, 11:52
If I found both Steph is it the non-original formula that is better for excema sufferers then?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
I've noticed that our comments to Reimanns must have been noted as many of the boxes now have written across the corner "original formula", so don't know if they have both on the market or have just reverted to the original.
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
10-06-2006, 12:15
That's what we found Ruth for Michelle, but as I'm sure you have found no 2 excema sufferers are the same. She noticed they had changed the formula last year and it really aggravated her skin so we;ve stuck with the original.

Also Ruth you are supposed to apply it 1 1/2 hours before exposure to the sun so you might want to pack it in your hand luggage to apply on the plane if your sons skin gets bad on arrival to try and stop the symptoms arising.

Ruth
10-06-2006, 13:12
His excema arrives as we arrive in Florida Steph. I am presuming that he is allergic to something he inhales, presumably a pollen or mold. My main problem once he has the excema is that all sun creams irritate his skin even more. Hopefully this one will be better[8D]

Kissyme
13-06-2006, 20:40
Just noticed that my local Matalans are selling Reimanns p20 for £10 in their sun-shop bit

mollymolly
13-06-2006, 22:10
Is that the 100ml or the 200ml bottle Kym? (200ml would be an absolute bargain!)

Bernadette

vanessag
14-06-2006, 04:48
Our family swear by P20, whenever I am at the airport or in a shop and I see someone looking at the P20 bottle I have to tell them how good it is!! Im not too sure if it is suitable for kids, so just to be sure I apply P20 then put some ordinary creme on during the day!

Susan J
14-06-2006, 14:52
P20 is great as long as you do not spill any on a sun lounger -then it tans that too!! :(

sundowner
14-06-2006, 16:06
Is P20 a tanning agent as well as sun protector ?
Mary

jackie greaves
14-06-2006, 20:08
No its not Mary, but it does stain, so be carefull,:D

Kissyme
15-06-2006, 10:56
don`t know for sure but judging by the size of the bottle I would say 100ml.I will check next time i`m over there.

mollymolly
17-06-2006, 01:30
I used P20 last year for the first time and I think it is brilliant. I've got very fair skin, in fact I'm blue white!! and usually burn. P20 worked a treat on me.There was a slight problem for me though - I put it on top of fake tan and had dayglo orange legs for 2 or 3 days. The locals kept giving me funny looks. Don't know why!!!!! [msnembarrased]

Bernadette

jackie greaves
17-06-2006, 16:48
Superdrug have got £2 off a 200ml bottle. Not as cheap as Wilkinsons, but our local store doesn't stock it.

Kissyme
18-06-2006, 01:41
Just checked and it`s the 200 ml bottle for £10 in Matalan

bargainqueen
29-06-2006, 14:18
Yesterday detoured into Matalan to look for P20 but in our store they had 100ml for £10.

Also had suitcases at 1/2 price but not many left on shelves.

nreece
30-06-2006, 10:38
We've just got back from Egypt and bought some P20 in the Boots in Gatwick, the cost was £16.95, duty free. Amazing stuff, 40 degree temperature, in the sun all day and with only one coating of this stuff in the morning, no sun burn!!!

jackie greaves
30-06-2006, 18:16
Have to agree Nigel, its fantastic stuff, and thats not a bad price neither.

Kissyme
30-06-2006, 23:56
oops sorry must have read the ticket wrong in Matalan to busy looking at all the other stuff [:I]

MarkJan
01-07-2006, 00:11
I had a look for this on the web and saw instructions to apply "90 minuts before exposure tothe sun". Is 90 minutes correct? Seems a long time.

bargainqueen
01-07-2006, 15:48
Haven't read the instructions for some time but it always used to be 1 hour.

Funny sensation on skin when you first apply it but once it has dried then it's brilliant. If I'm applying it myself to my back then I often miss small bits and I get small triangle patches which burn.

At Stanstead they were doing a special buy P20 and get aftersun or mosibite 1/2 price. Haven't tried the mosi yet but I hope it's as good as P20.

thornton
02-07-2006, 01:28
There are now other makes of sun tan cream that give you up to 6 hours protection. Johnsons do one and so do Boots soltan. Not as long as protection as P20 but no problems with staining or waiting for it to day. However if you are going to be in the sun all day with little chance of reapplying cream go for the P20.

Jill