PDA

View Full Version : Villa Pools

marksd
17-02-2005, 03:19
Starting to plan for 2006 (probably October) and having stayed in both Hotel and Villa personal choice is for a Villa. However, having 3 daughters who love the pool and meeting new friends, my youngest posed the question "can we have a villa pool and big (communal) pool"?

Is there any villa communities that offer both villa and communal pools?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

chrizzy100
17-02-2005, 03:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marksd
Starting to plan for 2006 (probably October) and having stayed in both Hotel and Villa personal choice is for a Villa. However, having 3 daughters who love the pool and meeting new friends, my youngest posed the question "can we have a villa pool and big (communal) pool"?

Is there any villa communities that offer both villa and communal pools?

Thanks in advance, Mark.
[/quote]

Yes there are......you could add it to your wish list when you do a search for your villa......

I don't know if they will be as used as a hotel pool....but its worth asking.......

KevinT
17-02-2005, 03:30
Hi Mark,

Emerald Island, Terra Verde , Lake Berkley all have pool homes, townhouses and clubhouses with large communal pools. You could stay at a pool home on one of these sites, and still have full access to the communal pools and spas. Put in a search on this site specifying an interest in any of these resort communities. There are probably several others too. Perhaps some of the other owners might know .

Jill
17-02-2005, 03:33
There are definitely several communities with a community pool. If you look at the following link it gives a map of where the communities are and also a write up about each http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx It would also be helpful if you make an enquiry to state that you are looking for a community that also has a community pool for general use.

athurstance
17-02-2005, 03:34
I would think many of the villa communities have communal pools which are available to guests in addition to the villa pool. We have a communal pool on Esprit.
You would certainly have no trouble finding a villa which fits these criteria.

sunseeker
17-02-2005, 04:16
We stayed at southern dunes in 2001, our villa had its own pool and there was a communal pool right opposite us. Very nice :D:D

Dave

TonyBlenk
17-02-2005, 06:05
Hello Mark.
All Villas at Glenbrook (US27, 1 mile north of the I192) have Pools and the Clubhouse has a large resort-style Pool for guests.
Good luck with your search for the perfect Villa.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2005, 14:22
Hampton Lakes also has a comuunity pool as well as private pools to all the homes, which means that unlike a hotel pool which quickly gets crowded it usually has plenty of space.
As it is next to the tennis/basketball and sand volleyball courts, it's also an ideal place if you want to top up your tan whilst keeping an eye on the children if they want to use those as well.

markandpam
17-02-2005, 17:14
Woodridge also has villa pools and a communal pool with a small playground (or whatever they call it in the US!)

Pam.

Snapper
17-02-2005, 17:52
Hi Mark,

When you start looking at villas and get down to a shortlist of the ones you really like why not ask the owners. It's one of the benefits of dealing direct with the owner is that you can ask anything you like and get the answer straight from the horses mouth.

The great thing then, is that when you arrive at the villa you know exactly what you are getting. There is nothing worse than seeing an advert for a villa in a brochure where the villa is packed full of all sorts of goodies, only to find that when you arrive you are allocated a villa that's way different. The phrase 'for illustration purposes only' is so mis-used is laughable.

The flip-side to this, is that there is nothing better than looking forward to a villa that you know is packed full of goodies because you checked with the owner, and when you arrive you find it's got heaps more things than you were expecting.

Keep asking. Everyone here love's talking about 'em.

TINAPETERS
17-02-2005, 18:16
Regal Palms Resort & Spa has a great community pool with a big water slide and lazy river, its great fun to float around on the large rubber rings.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2005, 19:41
Tina
Are they all townhomes at Regal Palms or do some of the villas have their own pools?

TINAPETERS
17-02-2005, 20:12
Hi Steph
They are all townhouses with the actual resort but there are some villa owners who have access to the facilities.

Lynnes
17-02-2005, 20:15
Southern Dunes has at least 2 communal pools.

Champagne
17-02-2005, 23:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Tina
Are they all townhomes at Regal Palms or do some of the villas have their own pools?
[/quote]

Owners of villas on Highlands Reserve, who have their own pools, have the option of paying for use of Regal Palms communal pool facilities. All HR villa owners and guests can use the Regal Palms clubhouse, restaurant and games room regardless.

steph_goodrum
18-02-2005, 00:27
Thanks Tina and Champagne
I wasnt quite sure of the set up as we havent looked there since we were buying nearly 5 years ago and considered Highlands.

nikkikk
18-02-2005, 01:24
Just a note of caution, we are on Indian Point and wonder how many people actually use the community pool when you have a pool of your own. I know what you mean about company - we have four kids ourselves - but we use the opportunity for beach days etc for getting them out and about.

We have a games room, pool toys and lots to entertain ours in the villa and it works!

Have a great vacation.
Best wishes
Nikki

KarenScott
18-02-2005, 01:43
Hi There
That was something that I was thinking, do guests who have access to their own pool in their back garden as it where actually bother to use the community pool? Would love to know from other owners?

steph_goodrum
18-02-2005, 01:54
"We have a games room, pool toys and lots to entertain ours in the villa and it works!"

We have all those as well Nikkie but some people may have a larger party who wish to get together as a group or maybe swim lengths etc, and we find that there is often people around.

As we only have one daughter (now 18 but 13 when we bought) it gives her an opportunity to get together with others her own age if she wants.

daxon
18-02-2005, 17:14
Our villas on Highlands Reserve each has its own pool and spa but sometimes the kids just like to get out a bit and go to the communal pool or tennis court and have a change of scenery - they are old enough to go just up the road on their own and they have met other children there to talk to.

heathercobbett
19-02-2005, 12:36
Manors at Westridge houses have a private pool and a community pool with clubhouse
Particularly usefukl when you have a group that rents more than one house as it is a good congregating point

19-02-2005, 13:39
I can honestly say I have never seen anyone using a communal pool[msnscared]

LiesaAnna
19-02-2005, 13:59
i was actually wondering about this as i think i read somewhere that you can only use the community pools if you are an owner, i am hoping this isnt so, because when we go in Nov we want to meet other people, we're going to stay at Terra Verde and have seen photos of people around the pool in october and it looks great!!! nice to have privacy around your own pool but lovely to meet others!!!
cant wait!!!!!![msnwink]

steph_goodrum
19-02-2005, 18:07
Liesa
Can't speak for Terra Verde but I know there are no restrictions on our pool and have seen several groups using it at various times of the year.

Most people dont want to because they like to just pop indoors for a drink if they want or maybe just not have to worry about other people around.

LiesaAnna
19-02-2005, 18:25
that great, am sure Lynne (jadehouse) will let me know when shes back, cos its so nice to say Hi to fellow florida lovers!!!!!!! in a relaxed atmosphere and its nice for the kids to spend time with other kids!!!!

ctgirlscout
19-02-2005, 18:39
In our community, we have a mix of townhouses and villas. Mostly the pool is used by those staying in the townhomes, but villa residents are welcome to use it as well. Terra Verde has a similar set-up, with townhomes and villas, so imagine it is the same.

Lynne S
22-02-2005, 15:26
Hi All,
Just back from a very warm and sunny Orlando.[msncool][msncool]

Yes, on Terra Verde anyone on the resort can use the community pool and the club house with it's facilities. We even had a pizza evening in the club house with a few of the other people staying on Terra Verde. They had no problem delivering pizza's as we just informed our guard on the gate that we had placed an order.

Liesa your going to have a great time, there were plenty of people using the pool and not just owners.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
22-02-2005, 15:53
thanx Lynne was gonna ask you that when i spoke to you on phone!! am glad cos i want to try and mix with others this holiday coming!! am soooooooooooo looking forward to it!!