PDA

View Full Version : hopping

daisy
16-02-2005, 23:36
hi this might seem a daft question does hopping mean that you can one park to another on the same day ? if it does which parks are you sensibly able to this am just trying to plan some itinery and am having trouble fitting it all in !

Elaine62
16-02-2005, 23:45
Have you been to Disney before?

If you haven't then you may want to dedicate at least one full day to each before you decide which one you'd just like to see for part of a day.

On our second visit we did AK in the morning (it closes at 6pm anyway) and Epcot from around 3pm onwards, staying right to the end for the fireworks.

Although it was a long day, i don't feel either of them take as much out of you as the other two, maybe it's just 'cos they don't have lots and lots of rides. Also Epcot has a large walking area in the countries bit that it never seems mobbed and you can stroll thro' it at your leisure.

Elaine

ravtino
16-02-2005, 23:48
you can go between any of them we have found using the monorail from magic kingdom to trasportation center, then going on from there, it depends on how long you want to spend in each park or if it is a day where you just want to go back to do some finishing off ( if thats possible)

Lyn
16-02-2005, 23:53
Depending on when you are going, we found Animal Kingdom very humid in July could only stand it till about 2pm (but it did open then at 7.30am) We would then go to another park, with a hopper you can go between all of the 4 parks each day if you want, but you will waste a lot of time travelling between parks.

daisy
17-02-2005, 00:18
thanks for the advice. this is first time so am just trying to plan ahead so that were organised there is so much i want to see and do am having trouble fitting it in ! the magic kingom is that the one with the tower of terror in ? i think thats its name anyway the lift that goes up and down randomely ? apart from that can anyone tell me what other good rides there are there ?

pbensur
17-02-2005, 00:59
The Tower of Terror is in MGM Studios actually. Like Elaine has said, it is really best to dedicate one full day to each park first and then dedicate a few more days to finishing up and going back to things you really enjoyed. Epcot and Magic Kingdom really require more than one day each if you want to do it all and do it right!

If the Tower of Terror is the type of thing you enjoy, then you will like Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom, and don't miss Test Track in Epcot.

benfilo
17-02-2005, 01:07
hi Daisy we tend spend whole days in the parks and save the hopping bit for the last day or two, sometimes some parks are open later than others so if you have any energy left you go to them. Try the Disney website it should help you see what's there and plan your visit, have a great one[msnsmile2]

Jules
17-02-2005, 01:20
Daisy it might be an idea for you to buy a guide book before you go to give you an idea of which rides are in which parks. The one's we usually use are "The Brits guide" and "The Unofficial guide" to Walt Disney world. They were well worth the money we spent on them.

We have left copies of both guides in our villa for our guests to use and we have just spoken to our current guests who commented on how useful the books were. They are available in most good book shops and online from amazon but I would suggest looking through them in a book shop first to see which one you prefer. The Unofficial guide is american and gives each ride a star rating and also the age range they think it is suitable for.The Brits guide is British as the name suggests and as well as info on Disney gives useful tips and advice about all aspects of a Florida holiday.

My husband used to say "are you doing your homework again" but to me it wasn't a chore it just used to build the excitement.It's amazing how much waiting time you can save yourself once you are a bit more clued up.

wilfy
17-02-2005, 01:21
If you look into the schedules on Disney's web site, it is possible to stand in Epcot, see the MGM fireworks over to one side, just before the Epcot fireworks start. Then leg-it onto the mono-rail back to Magic Kingdom, to see the Fireworks and the late spectro-magic parade. We did this on a Saturday in July last year. Marvellous.:):) (We parked in magic kingdom car-park and got to Epcot around 8pm.)

E. Cosgrove
17-02-2005, 02:14
I am with Julie on this one Daisy, you can get so much great information from a good guide book. They are readily available from WHSmith, Waterstones Borders etc travel section and make great bedtime reading for months before you go[msnwink]

Magical Dreams
17-02-2005, 11:28
When we went for the first time, we didn't hop from park to park even though our tickets allowed it!

To be honest, we never had time to do it!!

The only time we hop even now is to maybe see Fantastmic or the ELP, but thats just because the option is on the tickets we have had!

It all depends how organised your trip is.
Its not worth wasting time travelling between parks just because you can.

Friends used to laugh at us when we said that we have planned every day of our holiday!
"WHY?" they used to ask, until they went, then they realised why!!

[msneek]

dodgey memory
17-02-2005, 13:20
Hi Daisy I would agree with the previous posts don't underestimate the time it takes to travel from one park to another. It can easily take 30mins from the car park at MK to the gates and thats on a good day. The big advantage is if the park you are in becomes too crowded you can always bail out and go somewhere else which is hopefully quieter.

Nostromo
17-02-2005, 14:29
To be honest, I am not a big fan of park hopping even though we have always bought hopper tickets just in case. The problem with hopping with my family at least is that most of them start discharging their batteries the moment we walk out of park, especially if it is for a rest. My wife is the worst of the lot in that respect. Once she/they settle down and put the feet up, it is very hard for me to shepherd them to get up and going again. Thus, I quickly found out that hopping attempts wasted too much time and energy with a lot of aggro on my part. So, now I plan a day a full day in all the major parks with only one exception. We would like to sneak across for another look at Fantasmic! after a day at, say, AK.