PDA

View Full Version : gated: How do visitors get in to see you?

jminmaine
16-02-2005, 21:30
Hi all,

We are thinking of having a shopping service bring our groceries to the villa we are renting in Emerald Island in two weeks, but how will they get inside the gates at 8:00am on a SUnday morning?

Thanks!

chrizzy100
16-02-2005, 21:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jminmaine
Hi all,

We are thinking of having a shopping service bring our groceries to the villa we are renting in Emerald Island in two weeks, but how will they get inside the gates at 8:00am on a SUnday morning?

Thanks!
[/quote]

I think you just give them the code.....like you would a repair man....

blott
16-02-2005, 21:45
Before you start giving out gate codes, I think it would be wise to have a word with your home owner about this first! This sort of thing must happen to other people who arrange deliveries, ie pizza, etc and there could be a different way of sorting it out without giving out confidential information.

ctgirlscout
16-02-2005, 22:58
I think Emerald Island has a manned gate. You would have to notify the security guard that you were expecting a delivery to the particular address.

Calamity Jane
16-02-2005, 23:00
I agree with Blott, it is not wise to give any codes out to anyone second hand, not all delivery men may have scrupulous morals. :D

Nostromo
16-02-2005, 23:03
All this only confirms my belief that a gate on a Villa community is a needless appendage whose inconveniences far outweigh any percieved additional security. I have decided that in future we'll only look for villas in non-gated communities.

chrizzy100
17-02-2005, 00:38
Blott is 100% right about asking the owner first before giving out codes....and I should of said that in my post.....but you will need to give them a code if you have no gateman.....or wait at the gate yourself....I can't see any other way around that......

benfilo
17-02-2005, 01:01
at Town Center there is a small side gate that is open, I imagine that this is the case with most unmanned gated comunities.I can't speak fo the other gated but Town center is quite small so a visitor would park outside and go on foot, in our case it would take about 10 seconds to get to our villa,very handy for deliveries[msnsmile]

KevinT
17-02-2005, 02:21
Hi Jessica,
Emerald Island is a Park Square homes resort development , which have manned security posts at the gates. All visitors or deliveries have to report to the guard who will note their details , and their vehicle number and if satisfied will let them into the resort. Like Teresa, we have a property on such a development and have had a good few deliveries and visitors to our house without any problems.

jminmaine
17-02-2005, 19:25
Ok, thank you very much for the information. I will not give out any codes, I promise, for our family's safety as much as for the owner's property!

Steve and Dawn
20-02-2005, 23:04
we stayed at Southern Dunes one year and ordered a chinese to be delivered. The guy on that gate rang the villa when the chinese turned up.

Steve & Dawn

wrpac00
20-02-2005, 23:57
At our place we have two lanes, one for deliveries and one for owners and guests. You must make the guard at the gate aware you are expecting a delivery otherwise they won't let them in. If you are expecting guests you can give them a code that they can use at the gate that rings your phone. If you turn your TV to ch99 you can see who it is, press a code and the barrier lifts for them. The gate is guarded 24/7/365.

Nostromo
21-02-2005, 00:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
we stayed at Southern Dunes one year and ordered a chinese to be delivered. The guy on that gate rang the villa when the chinese turned up.

Steve & Dawn
[/quote]

Interesting. Did this 'Chinese' come as a tourist with a VWS or is he/she going to stay and work in the US? :D

chrizzy100
21-02-2005, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn

Steve & Dawn
[/quote]

Interesting. Did this 'Chinese' come as a tourist with a VWS or is he/she going to stay and work in the US? :D
[/quote]

You are way too funny Nostromo.....:D

Bazamor
06-03-2005, 23:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jminmaine
Ok, thank you very much for the information. I will not give out any codes, I promise, for our family's safety as much as for the owner's property!
[/quote]

There are no codes to give out on Emerald Island. The gates are manned 24/7 and the guard would need informing of any visitor you are expecting.They note licence tags and other details on entry unless you have an entry pass displayed on your windsheild you will be stopped and questioned.

Lynne S
07-03-2005, 14:25
[/quote]There are no codes to give out on Emerald Island. The gates are manned 24/7 and the guard would need informing of any visitor you are expecting.They note licence tags and other details on entry unless you have an entry pass displayed on your windsheild you will be stopped and questioned.
[/quote]

This is just the same with Terra Verde, no big drama getting in or out.[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

LiesaAnna
07-03-2005, 15:05
thats why we liked it!![msnwink]

Bob Heath
08-03-2005, 05:20
Owners on Emerald Island and Im sure on Tere Verde can request an owners tag at the clubhouse. Saves having a big danggley thing in the windscreen.
Soon coming up for transition at EI and who knows owners will be able to utilise the right hand entrance save queuing.[msnwink]

Lynne S
08-03-2005, 17:22
In Feb we were given a sticker not "a big danggely thing" to stick in the windscreen, Bob. Which was much better.
Also we used the right hand lane a few times to get round new guests on Terra Verde.
Onwards and upwards as they say[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

amy
08-03-2005, 17:33
On our community,there are 2 numbers,one for 24hour access and one for daytime access for work people which can be changed regular.
At the gate is also an intercom which is linked to your phone so when your takeaway arrives the delivery person presses your door number into the gate,your phone rings and you open the gate for him.