PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells from Sanford

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 02:44
Hi all

Hope I am posting this in the right place! We are staying in a villa in Indian Wells at Easter, flying in to Sanford. Has anyone got any idea how much a taxi would cost from the airport to villa? is this the cheapest way to do it or is there a cheaper option?

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

Nikki

armagedon
16-02-2005, 04:18
Hi, Sanford is quite a drive its a good 30 mins down the I4, cant really help in regards price of a taxi. Are you not hiring a car it is possible to do Orlando without a car but its far easier with one, especially if your renting a villa.
You can use the following link it is to sanford airport and it lists all taxi, shuttle services which operate from sanford, their sites might give you a better idea of prices.
[website link edited]

Good luck and hope you have a great time in florida.
mark

Nostromo
16-02-2005, 11:03
Mark, that useful link has accommodation sublinks and will soon get blotted, I'm afraid. You are probably better off DMing it to Nikki.

Nikki, a taxi ride from Sanford to the villas is likely to be at least $80, maybe more during the Easter weekend when you arrive. As Mark asks, why don't you hire a car? It is a lot cheaper and far more convenient. This site has Car Rental links above, complete with full insurance cover.

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 15:58
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. We are hiring a car but, and this is where it gets a little complicated, we are going to FL with my husbands cousin and her boyfriend. They are flying into Orlando at the same time (or within 1/2 hour) of us flying in to Sanford. We have collectively hired a car between us but they are picking it up. They could drive from Orlando Airport to Sanford to pick us up but thats a lot of faffing about and we potentially could be waiting a long time for them, and we have the kids to keep amused, they don't! So, we thought if we get a taxi to the villa we will kinda meet them there are roughly the same time. Hope that makes sense!

Nikki

Nostromo
16-02-2005, 16:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nikkikl
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. We are hiring a car but, and this is where it gets a little complicated, we are going to FL with my husbands cousin and her boyfriend. They are flying into Orlando at the same time (or within 1/2 hour) of us flying in to Sanford. We have collectively hired a car between us but they are picking it up. They could drive from Orlando Airport to Sanford to pick us up but thats a lot of faffing about and we potentially could be waiting a long time for them, and we have the kids to keep amused, they don't! So, we thought if we get a taxi to the villa we will kinda meet them there are roughly the same time. Hope that makes sense!

Nikki
[/quote]

In that case, won't it be cheaper and easier for you people to take a taxi to MCO and meet the others there? Even if they have only just arrived when you get there, you can amuse yourselves easily while the car formalities are sorted out.

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 16:19
Ahh now, thats a thought! I am no expert on the logistics of these things as you can tell! So, I take then that Sanford is closer to MCO than Indian Wells? I haven't got a clue and, being a blonde woman, the maps are not making much sense to me LOL ;)

E. Cosgrove
16-02-2005, 18:00
Sanford is much nearer to MCO than Indidan Wells Nikki. You have to virtually pass MCO on the way to Indian Wells. The only problem with meeting up is if one or other of you is delayed.
We have stayed in Indian Wells a couple of times very convenient for Disney and Lake Buena Vista Factory stores;)

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 18:04
Thanks guys, seems that meeting at MCO will be the easiest way to go except the possibility of delay - we will have to devise a back-up plan just in case.

Nostromo
16-02-2005, 18:29
I haven't got a clue and, being a blonde woman, the maps are not making much sense to me LOL ;)
[/quote]

I am sorry, but what you are saying amounts to Follicular Discrimination and cannot be allowed. After all, there are people who are completely bald and proud of it! [rasta][rasta]

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 19:11
[:O] Hehehehehehe apologies to anyone follicly (sp?) challenged, blonde or female. Although, as a blonde female I can hold my hands up and admit to being a total numpty when it comes to maps, locations, motorway junctions and direction. What's the word for that? geographically challenged?

Nostromo
16-02-2005, 19:23
[:O] Although, as a blonde female I can hold my hands up and admit to being a total numpty when it comes to maps, locations, motorway junctions and direction. What's the word for that? geographically challenged?
[/quote]

No. Just F-E-M-A-L-E [laugh][laugh]

nikkikl
16-02-2005, 19:30
Heehee, wicked man. At least I can do more than one thing at a time [:P]

julieanne
16-02-2005, 19:47
Heehee, wicked man. At least I can do more than one thing at a time [:P]
[/quote]

Nice one Nikki :D

Ray&Sarah
16-02-2005, 21:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[:O] Although, as a blonde female I can hold my hands up and admit to being a total numpty when it comes to maps, locations, motorway junctions and direction. What's the word for that? geographically challenged?
[/quote]

No. Just F-E-M-A-L-E [laugh][laugh]
[/quote]

Looks like Nostromo is heading into dangerous water again!!![msnwink]:D