PDA

View Full Version : Priceline Hire Cars

AndrewP
28-01-2003, 20:31
I dont know whether this is common knowledge or not, but Priceline.co.uk are currently adding £10.00 per day to any bid for car hire. I did not see any mention of this on the site until I made a bid and was advised this would be added on!!

This could save some people a bit of money!

florida4sun
28-01-2003, 20:38
All depends on how much you winning bid is. Every time I have tried one of thses auctions its worked out more expensive than booking through an agent.

quote:Originally posted by AndrewP

I dont know whether this is common knowledge or not, but Priceline.co.uk are currently adding £10.00 per day to any bid for car hire. I did not see any mention of this on the site until I made a bid and was advised this would be added on!!

This could save some people a bit of money!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-01-2003, 21:08
Hi Andrew (I think I might know you ;)).

Have you tried the Orlando Villas car hire at www.orlandovillas.com/car_hire.asp as we offer cheaper prices than anywhere else I have seen. All the prices are fully inclusive so nothing else to pay on arrival (unlike the ones you might see quoted elsewhere where local taxes are payable).

Regards

casperdje
29-01-2003, 02:10
re priceline I have had several quotes on the same details for a holiday in april with a number of the well known car hire companies and to date alamo are the cheapest bar none with a 20% discount offer for visa card holders booking from uk currently on offer

casperdje
29-01-2003, 02:17
ps and just to add re above searches that ticket prices for the parks seem very similar with all the main dealers and I think that the deal offered on this site for them is very good
hope this helps
65 days to go!!!!........who's counting

roger
29-01-2003, 17:21
The only downside with some of these companies is you have to get a bus from the Airport (free) to the car hire depot, and lug all your cases with you. We only quote Dollar on OV who have their depots at the airport. It's not too bad if you don't have kids, but when you have just got off a 9 hour flight, and it is fairly late at night it is much easier to get the car from the airport.

blott
29-01-2003, 18:18
Also, if you're going to the car rental companies direct, there are taxes, insurances, etc to pay on top of the rental prices they quote which they charge at the pick up rental desks. From experience, I know these can add up to $100s more than the price of renting the car!

If you go to a UK company, you can get all-inclusive deals where the price they quote is the price you pay with no extras to pay for when you arrive.

AndrewP
04-02-2003, 12:54
Hi Everyone, think I will just go with the deal offered here on these forums as it seems less hassle and just as cheap.

Thanks for all your advice, I am so looking forward to November (my first trip to Florida and in floridadreamvilla.co.uk) [8D]

Thanks again!

steph_goodrum
04-02-2003, 14:12
Roger
Alamo are now actually on airport at Orlando, so there is no need for buses with them.

florida4sun
12-03-2003, 07:13
I had guests bwho were bussed offsite yesterday by Alamo.

quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

Roger
Alamo are now actually on airport at Orlando, so there is no need for buses with them.

lexton
13-03-2003, 02:07
Airline network are doing an offer at the moment on I4 and full size cars.Platinum cover on I4 car for the price of C4 car currently works out at for 14 days £318.Also Full size car platinum cover for the price of I4,works out as £333 for 14 days.The hire company is Dollar.Don't know how long the promotion is on for. The offer is for May-June and Sept-November.