PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

marksd
12-02-2005, 05:19
Being someone that enjoys smoking cigars (Phillies being favourite especially Strawberry flavoured with an Ice Cold Bud by the pool) I am wondering what the cost would be to have boxes of 50 sent to the UK. These were costing approx $30 (£17) when I was in Olando in November 2004 and cost approx £125 in the UK.

Would like some help with the following.

Any info on websites where I could order cigars to be shipped to the UK.

Any info on the custom and excise charges or where I could obtain this info.

A better idea could be if someone can bring me some back on there return. LOL!!

Regards and thanks in advance, Mark.

caroline
12-02-2005, 12:28
My husband buys cigars from the Sosa cigar shop at Downtown Disney, they will ship, although we've never bothered as he doesn't smoke more than we are allowed to bring back duty free each time we're over. They have an excellent selection and if you have them shipped I believe they don't charge sales tax. Not sure what duty you'd have to pay or what the shipping charges are.
You can call them on 001-800-773-7412 fax 001-407-828-0162 email sosafamilycigars@earthlink.net

MaggieAllan
12-02-2005, 12:44
We have had deliveries in the past using ABC Cigars of Revere, Boston and everything was great, then they stopped after the charges becames more than the cigars...must have been some change in the law? Anyway my hubby and friend don't bother anymore and just buy when abroad. They do enjoy shopping for them though, much to the excitement of us girls[msncry]

We have to call into the store on Sand Lake Road evry visit(200yds on left after Intl Drive junction)and in City Walk we always have the oblgatory stop off at the bar over the top of the cimema complex. We have also visited Ybor City near Tampa where you can watch them being made.

eagleydo
12-02-2005, 13:26
My sons all love the Phillie Blunts they smoke in Florida butbringthembackas presents for others and not for themselves.Normally this has not been a problem as we buy theirs in Adenkerke, Belgium on daytrips but now they no longer stock them and we have not been able to get them elsewhere.
(The strawberry flovoured one is on my banned list they smell disgusting, no problem with the peach etc.)