PDA

View Full Version : Realtor terminology

NannyBrook
25-01-2003, 20:43
Still hoping to buy in Orlando area this year or next, so frequently visit the Realtor.com site to keep abreast of property available. Please can someone explain to me the lot feature terms 'waterfront'and 'waterview' - do these features relate to the front or back of the property? Likewise the term 'golf course lot'- is the house always sited with the view of the course at the back of the house?
By requesting property types as 'rental'in the initial search - is this a request to find a house that is licensed for STR?
As always - thanks for your help.
NannyBrook

Carla
25-01-2003, 20:49
Hi NannyBrook

Based on my own personal experience I have always found that when they are talking about views it is the rear view unless they specify that it is at the front! They don't seem to care at all what is at the front of the property, mainly because it is a road of some kind giving access to the property.

Same goes for Golf course lot - this would back onto the fairway.

Waterfront, would better be described as "Waterback".

You might want to put in "vacation rental" otherwise you could be finding properties for long term rental with no STR zoning.

Hopes this helps and I am sure that others will have more info for you.

esprit
25-01-2003, 20:55
It is almost always the rear of the property. The front just faces onto a road in general.

blott
25-01-2003, 21:47
In our case, we have a waterfront lot (ie there is a lake directly behind our home) but also a water view (ie we have a view of a lake across the road at the front our home and also a stream on one side of our home). Water view may relate to a property not directly backing onto a lake but a view of a lake, in between other homes for instance.

As Carla says, a golf course lot should have a view of some part of the golf course at the rear.

honeybee
26-01-2003, 13:30
Also when looking remember the realtor.com site runs about 6 weeks behind.

Also when the state the house is south facing that means the pool is north facing.

honeybee

NannyBrook
30-01-2003, 10:26
Thank you all for passing on useful information - much appreciated.
NannyBrook