PDA

View Full Version : DM

jolliffee
10-02-2005, 14:38
I notice the default format of DM text is centre. Would it not be better to use the forum standard of align left to improve readability?

blott
10-02-2005, 16:04
Whenever I've sent DMs they've always been aligned to the left margin Dave?

jolliffee
10-02-2005, 16:17
I have to admit it is an assumption on my part; just that all the DM's I have received are centred.

jolliffee
10-02-2005, 16:21
Is there a setting I am missing, all my DM replies are centred and the the subject is also centred, just makes for poor readability.

blott
10-02-2005, 16:36
I dunno, all mine have always been on the left! There's a button on the Format line on the top of the DM reply that you can use to alter the alignment. Perhaps it's the people who are sending them to you who have chosen to centre theirs and when you reply yours automatically follow the same format?

Cruella DeVilla
10-02-2005, 16:43
Oh I am away to check now as I think mine are centred to if I am reading this correctly!

jolliffee
10-02-2005, 17:07
Yep CDV all yours came to me centred...

jolliffee
10-02-2005, 17:10
Just had a thought, and yes it is my browser that sems to be the culprit. If I use IE they are all nicely left alligned. Oh well some thing else to figure out, why only on DM's[msneek]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-02-2005, 17:21
What browser are you using Dave as it does not seem to interpret css correctly. It's perfect in IE, Netscape and Mozilla.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
Just had a thought, and yes it is my browser that sems to be the culprit. If I use IE they are all nicely left alligned. Oh well some thing else to figure out, why only on DM's[msneek]
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
10-02-2005, 17:21
Phew...mine are to the left, only in the centre when I am typing them and that's because of the smilies...OOPS was that a blonde moment! :D

jolliffee
11-02-2005, 02:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
What browser are you using Dave as it does not seem to interpret css correctly. It's perfect in IE, Netscape and Mozilla.
[/quote]

Still using Opera.. What is CSS, I'd like to post it on their forum.

blott
11-02-2005, 02:44
Cascading style sheets. You can check out browsers here http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/#browsers

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-02-2005, 09:16
If you do post, let me know what they come back with - or better still, a link to the post as I'd be interested to hear.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
[/quote]

Still using Opera.. What is CSS, I'd like to post it on their forum.
[/quote]

Nostromo
11-02-2005, 15:09
Jolliffee, how do you mean "Centred"? All the DMs that I receive seem to be aligned to the left as in MS Word. Could your PC have somehow defaulted to read certain messages in a 'centered' format? (Only guessing; I don't even know if this is possible)

jolliffee
12-02-2005, 14:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Jolliffee, how do you mean "Centred"? All the DMs that I receive seem to be aligned to the left as in MS Word. Could your PC have somehow defaulted to read certain messages in a 'centered' format? (Only guessing; I don't even know if this is possible)
[/quote]

Hi Arun; I afraid this is a deep Web Design technical issue, I went off to look on the Opera forum about CS issues, and it seems like IE does things that are not standard so then you get into other issues of should the browser be able to parse none standard code to make it look like none standard browsers do etc etc. I am posting a question though so may be able to put an update here. One of the Big CS guys actually works for Opera & claims Opera has the best CS support so maybe he'll answer..

Thanks for the tip though since with PC's you never can tell.

And I am fanatical about Opera becouse it is an independant European browser that is free of all the commercials others have.[msncool]

jolliffee
12-02-2005, 20:45
Here is the URL to the thread I have started on the Opera forum: http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=831148#post831148