PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - how much?

dogwalker
09-02-2005, 14:52
We have booked our holiday & car hire through Travel City Direct and I have opted for their Comprehensive cover which includes LDW, SLI and UMP.
Is this enough?. From past experience I just know the hire company will try to sell me more.
Is it necessary to take out the Personal Accident & Effects (PAE) insurance. I would have thought this would be covered by our travel insurance.

Nostromo
09-02-2005, 15:01
I don't know about Travel City Direct, but the Insurance Cover sold with Car Reantal via this site is certainly more than enough. Car Hire companies always try to sell all sorts of unnecessary upgrades and sometimes get away with it by talking double dutch to confuse the customer. Looking that the degree of cover offered to you, it certainly sems enough to me, but I am sure that the others will have opinions on this.

dogwalker
10-02-2005, 03:24
Thanks Nostromo,
I think I'm pretty well covered too.
We haven't been to Florida since 2000, I just wanted to check nothing has changed insurance wise.
Having fallen for the upgrade blurb a couple of times I was determined on our last trip not to do it. It was a nice feeling standing there with a smile on my face, saying "no thankyou", "no thankyou", "no thankyou".

flyrr100
11-02-2005, 16:41
You need to find out how much liability you are covered for. I'd suggest at least $1000,000. If you rear end someone here be sure they'll sue. And you need to be covered or you'll be in a world of expense.
Your insurance agent should know what your coverage is.