PDA

View Full Version : New Shrek ride

esprit
23-01-2003, 23:44
Shrek 4D opens this Summer in the old Hitchcock attraction building. It is a 20 minute film and two way motion simulator and features good old water spray. The orgional actors have reprised their roles and will provide the voices for the characters. It will be a family ride.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-01-2003, 00:52
FANTASTIC Julie we are all very big Shrek fans in our household can't wait. I take it that if it is a family ride there will be no height restrictions??

Sarah

esprit
24-01-2003, 01:00
No idea, John. If it is s simulator, I would guess thare will be a lap bar like at Hanna Barbara.

Biggus
24-01-2003, 01:22
We are all gutted in our house that the new Shrek ride will not be ready until the summer:( :( we are going in March/April.............hang on a minute does this not give us the ideal reason to go back NEXT year too!!:D:D Hoooray!! (I am planning next year already!![:0]

blott
11-04-2003, 16:56
Update... opens 11 June 2003. Shrek® and Donkey are back! Join Princess Fiona™ and our heroes as they take you along every step of the way in an all new honeymoon adventure. This new attraction features an original and stunning 3-D film, plus an extra dimension of special effects. Through the miracle of OgreVision, you see, hear and actually FEEL the action right from your seat. Picking up where the Oscar®-winning movie "Shrek" left off, it's Shrek 4-D™ -- four dimensions of thrills add up to one amazing experience.

esprit
06-06-2003, 14:01
Opening date now June 13th according to blurb just received from Universal.

tinkerbell
21-07-2003, 18:18
Anybody now able to update on the new Shrek ride?? I've never recovered after my 'feeling' experience in Honey I Shrunk the Audience! I've never been able to sit in a 3D theatre with my feet on the floor since!! Is this going to be the same??!!

gilly
22-07-2003, 03:03
This was FANTASTIC. It will also be a hard act to follow, there are no height restrictions but arachnaphobics beware!!!!

A definate must see:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-07-2003, 03:10
Gilly
Can't wait. Not sure J will be too keen though - he doesn't do spiders. I do though.:D
Sarah

mikewj
22-07-2003, 14:31
Spiders....why do they have to be spiders :(

SunLover
22-07-2003, 16:13
We were fortunate enough to attend the "soft" opening of SHREK on our last visit. Now don't get me wrong, we both love SHREK, Donkey et al, but we were a little disappointed in the attraction itself.

It is a 3d movie (very funny) with motion synchronised auditorium seats. Kind of a more sophisticated Hanna Barbera ride if you will.

However, the pre-show set up the whole premise that you would be "tortured" once inside, and frankly, we couldn't see that the pre-show had any relevance to the actual attraction at all. So I guess we were disappointed in the fact that we had been set up to expect one thing, but once you got inside, the attraction itself was completely different !

Having said that, it is very clever, and it was great to see all the characters again ~ just not what we were promised !

tinkerbell
22-07-2003, 18:10
What exactly does the "soft" opening mean?!?!

SunLover
23-07-2003, 04:04
Hi Tink

A "soft" opening is a term used to describe an attraction that is still in the tweaking stage. For example, when we came out of SHREK, there were cast members surveying the guests as to their opinions of the attraction.

This feedback is used to ensure that a majority of guests approve of the attraction in time for it's "official" opening :D

tinkerbell
23-07-2003, 15:08
Thank you for that explanation!! I have seen the term on a few sites and often wondered what it meant! Sounds like a good idea to me!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-02-2004, 18:11
We thoroughly enjoyed this ride and in fact went on it twice in one day. We are big devotees of the great green ogre and it did not disappoint. The children also nipped out of line on the way in to meet him in person and he was really generous with his time allowing me to get someshots that were every bit as good as the official photographer.

Long live Shrek and Princess Fiona.

Sarah

tinkerbell
09-02-2004, 18:51
I agree, this is absolutely fab! An excellently funny attraction, we also encountered the big green one himself as we left the show!

Tracy
09-02-2004, 23:31
We did this one whilst over at christmas and although had to queue for quite some time it was definitley worth the wait - We also saw Shrek and Princess Fiona was making her way through the queue meeting everyone. Roll on May when we are back to do it all again !:D:D

chrizzy100
10-02-2004, 00:12
quote:Originally posted by Tracy

We did this one whilst over at christmas and although had to queue for quite some time it was definitley worth the wait - We also saw Shrek and Princess Fiona was making her way through the queue meeting everyone. Roll on May when we are back to do it all again !:D:D

Its nice to see the pictures of your place up now Tracy......:D
I bet you're not there around the 10th of May....me and hubby are going down because we would of been married 24 years on that date.....and we need to keep away from sharp objects....which we own more of up here then down there....LOL!

carolmc
27-04-2004, 02:09
Shrek was brilliant - well worth the queue.
Don't miss it - highlight of my Universal day:D

amy
27-04-2004, 03:46
Even though I was sad to see Hitchcock to go, It was well worth it this is a great show.Well worth a visit.

Ana
27-04-2004, 04:36
We didn't have the kids with us, so ummed and arred a bit before going on. Glad we did - it was fab!

mikewj
15-06-2004, 09:05
Bit annoying that they only offer Express Passes on this to people in staying in Universal hotels, or those who pay for the Express Pass Plus. So we waited for nearly an hour this morning in the normal queue, even though we arrived 5 minutes after the park opened.

Its very good and gets you back into the whole Shrek scene, but there were too many movie in-jokes for me. Sue was then bored by me going through them all, explaining which was directed at which film.

Sometimes she wonders why she married me !!!

popintune
12-08-2004, 00:28
shrek 4d sounds cool i'll have to go and see the next time we're over thier![msnwink]

lozza.

tuzanne
01-09-2004, 03:47
We missed this as we headed for the Mummy ride first to avoid lines. Did get 2 go's on that but by the time we got to the Shreik ride the line wait was too long. Pity that they do not do a fast pass just for this ride. They do for other rides so why not this.

Sue