PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why ?

Genie
08-02-2005, 12:26
When I get an e-mail telling me there is a private message for me on OV it then says you can visit by going on this link ..... but there isn't a link !!!!! I then have to log onto OV and go to my in box what am I doing wrong and why isn't a link coming up ??

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-02-2005, 13:24
I think some ISP's strip links in emails out as the only thing to be stopped in the email is the link at the very end. They are going out ok from here but depending on the ISP seems to arrive ok most of the time but sometimes they do not.

People might also have security software on their PC's that does this stripping too [msnsad]

Nostromo
08-02-2005, 14:08
Some Popup blockers interfere with e-mailed links. I use ICQ and when I downloaded the latest version recently, its popup blocker became active unbeknown to me. I then noticed that all e-mailed links were inactive, although I could see them. When I complained to Virgin, they made me go through the possibilities and we narrowed it down correctly to the ICQ popup blocker. Since I deactivated it, all links work perfectly and since my PC has other effective popup blockers, I am not missing the ICQ one.

Genie
08-02-2005, 14:14
Some of that makes sense !!!! Thanks anyway !!