PDA

View Full Version : choosing villa

worldpeace
08-02-2005, 03:03
help[msnscared]we cant decide between a 4 bed villa at cedars at woodridge or 4 bed at highland reserves has anyone stayed at one of these,would love to know how far from disney and whats close by.would also like to know if anyone has had a games room in villa,had one last year in indian creek and kids loved it. thanks [msnsmile]

Nostromo
08-02-2005, 03:52
We stayed at Orange Tree very close to Woodridge and it seldom took us more than 15 to 18 minutes to reach any Disney park. From Woodridge you'd probably take a few minutes less.

Woodridge is very good for shopping with its Sainsbury lookalike Winn-Dixie. There is also a Wallgreens nearby and several smaller shops. The new Walmart on US27 is not far away either.

caroline
08-02-2005, 04:00
I don't know Woodridge but Highlands Reserve is a lovely community, I'd certainly have no qualms about staying in a villa there. Really close to the new Publix and other shops, 10 or 15 mins to Disney parks and the villas I've seen the inside of were lovely and spacious with great views over the golf course.

phillhaze
08-02-2005, 04:18
[website link edited]

Westbury is on the hwy 27 15-20 mins from disney

steph_goodrum
08-02-2005, 04:30
Hi Worldpeace
I'm sure any location you choose will turn out to be fine for your stay. As in this country it's swings and roundabouts depending on your own personal preference.
Some people after a tiring day at the parks (or in between days)just want some peace and quiet and relax at the villa, whereas others want to be on the go 24/7 and may prefer a busier location, however none of them are too far from the action when you do want to participate.
The best way is to decide on what you want and submit a request for your dates and then sit back and enjoy chooising what suits your needs best, many of the villas have games rooms or other facilities so if you really want one then add that to your request etc.
Highlands Reserve and Clear Creek are both just up the 27 from where our villa is located so obviously we are biased about the area but we like the fact that (at least last time we were over) you drive past orange groves and pine trees and away from the neon lights for a while.

Snapper
08-02-2005, 04:33
The times from Highlands to Disney (traffic permitting) are somewhere between 12 and 15 minutes from putting the car into gear to passing under the 'Welcome to Disney' sign, which seems to be the point of reference everyone uses. We've timed the journey many times and it's 17 minutes from Highlands to the point where you get out of the car in MGM's car park.

You do have to remember though that Disney is a big place and it can take another 10 minutes or more to get to some of the other theme parks. Traffic can also have a big effect on the driving times.

linda allen
08-02-2005, 13:01
I have stayed on Highlands reserve and had a wonderful time. That said I think that it is the villa that is most important to me. The two developments are within very easy reach of Disney and other attractions, so look at the villa that suits you best.

Champagne
08-02-2005, 15:57
Our villa is on Highlands Reserve so I would definitely prefer to stay there! There is now a Club House adjoining the development with games room that's available to renters, owners and guests of villas on HR as well as those at Regal Palms. Driving to Disney is just 15 minutes and shopping and restaurants are easy to access as well.

dbrook
08-02-2005, 17:58
We are also on Highlands Reserve so of course we are biased:D A lovely community with many homes backing on to the golf course or conservation, with communal facilities including golf, swimming pool, tennis court and childrens play area. I don't know Woodridge at all to comment on it.

There is also a new shopping centre open adjacent to Highlands Reserve which includes a Publix supermarket. When we went over in December we used to enjoy a pleasant stroll in the mornings to fetch our English newspaper:D

However, I may be wrong but please check the information about using the Regal Palms facilities if they are the ones you mean Champagne, as they are totally separate to Highlands Reserve and I understand they can only be used if the Highlands Reserve villa owner who you book with has paid to join (around $100 a month). I doubt many owners will have paid to use these facilities, but perhaps another Highlands Reserve owner will back me up if I am right, or correct me if I am wrong[?]

Ruth
08-02-2005, 18:21
Diane, we are also on Highlands Reserve and I believe you are correct about us not being able to use the facilities at Regal Palms unless you pay extra.

I have to say that of course I am biased too but think the community is lovely, very spacious and ideally situated:)

worldpeace
08-02-2005, 23:35
FAO:All + Diane, Champagne, dBrook what size is Pool for HR in 4Bed plus can we pay the $100 for the facilities at Regal Palms [msncry] plus I think we will go here as it just pip's it on the 360 VR Tours[clap][clap] oh Champagne does your villas have games room? & a fence around the pool area as well as the obvious pool screen.[8]plus how deep are the pools here as been in some other areas and the pools arn't that deep (5ft) We liked Calabay Parc as they have deep pool's but wish to try a new area every time;[sporty][grouphug]

dbrook
09-02-2005, 00:07
I think the villa pools vary in size and depth Worldpeace as there are 2 builders on Highlands Reserve, Lennar and Engle.

Afraid I can't answer your question about paying the $100 for the facilities at Regal Palms, but I would have thought the villa owner would have to have a contract for a period of time, I doubt you would be able to pay for a month, but maybe someone else may know. Why not ask the owner of the villa you are interested in. They would be the best person to tell you about this plus the size and depth of their pool too.

Liam_Sandie
09-02-2005, 00:45
Hi,

We own a villa on Clear Creek, which is located just behind Woodridge and we think the location is fantastic! you can walk to the supermarket, bank, post office to name but a few! It is so easy to head short distance down the 27 and onto the 192, couldn't be simpler, although i suppose I am biased!!![msnwink][msnwink]
Have a lovely time wherever you go[clap][clap]

TINAPETERS
09-02-2005, 01:10
I have a home at Regal Palms and the facilities are available to some of the owners at Highland's Reserve.
I was there at Christmas and villa guests were using the pool complex and games room.
I think it depend's on which management company the owners are with.

Ruth
09-02-2005, 03:41
Our pool at Highlands Reserve was custom designed by ourselves and built for us by an independent company so you will need to ask the owner of the villa about the size/depth of their pool in case they were like us and did not use the builders' pool company. Tinapeters may be right and those homes managed by Superior may have access to Regal Palms although a lot of owners who do their own bookings prefer to use a smaller management company:)

Champagne
09-02-2005, 18:26
We called in to the Regal Palms clubhouse in January to check whether, as owners on Highlands Reserve but not paying additional for Regal Palms facilities, we could still use it.

The answer was that 'yes, we were welcome to use the lounge, restaurant and games room at Club house but not the communal pool area'. Don't see that as a problem as most of our guests are only too happy to relax around our own lovely pool. Think the additional facility of the club house could be a useful marketing point though...

TINAPETERS
09-02-2005, 19:01
The food served at Regal Palms was very nice, we ate there a couple of times. They broadcast premiership football and have draught beer.
Does anyone know what shops are going in near the Publix, they had nearly finished building a new complex in December.

dbrook
09-02-2005, 19:22
I know one is going to be a Medical Centre Tina!

daxon
09-02-2005, 21:28
Thats good news - I know Im biased too, but the facilities around this area are just getting better & better!![clap]