PDA

View Full Version : BABY SITTING

SHEEP
23-01-2003, 20:22
Hi its me again[:I]i was just wondering if anyone had used the 'Sunshine' baby sitting service and what they thought of it,obviously i am a bit nervous about letting complete strangers look after the kids+babies and would apreciate any feed back from you guys
thanks once again
Sean and very very excited clan(10 days to go...gulp):D:D

orlandobabe
24-01-2003, 01:43
I haven't heard anything about this 'Sunshine' babysitting service. Can you say where it operates from?

My own feeling is that I wouldn't feel at all happy leaving the children with strangers, so wouldn't enjoy the night out anyway.

Can't you take granny with you?

blott
24-01-2003, 02:45
OB

I don't think John or Roger would be recommending this babysitting service on Orlandovillas.com if there was any question of there being a problem with it.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-01-2003, 03:06
Hi Sean

Sunshine Babbysitting Service is a reputable company that carries out all the requisite checks.

On a personal note as mother to two (boy 4 years and a girl 2years) I could not bring myself to leave them with a babysitter unless the children knew and liked them in advance. At home we hire a qualified nursery nurse who has known the children since they were both 5 months old and they love her. Costs a bomb but it is hard to put a price on peace of mind.

We regularly holiday in Florida and it does not have to be completely child centered. Why not have a couple of beers by the pool in the evening weather permitting or dial out for a pizza or chinese meal when the children are in bed. (if you are worried about the babies and you are outside you can get a baby monitor for very little money at Walmart;Target or K-mart etc.)

We eat out as a family every night, beats cooking, the restaurants are very accommodating to children. Don't forget it is enshrined in the Constitution that children have rights too!!!

There is however no place quite like florida for children as a relatively new parent this is what it is all about when they are beaming with magic of the place.. as the slogan say's Orlando is "Destination Imagination"

Have fun...

Sarah

orlandobabe
24-01-2003, 03:21
Whoops! I do apologise. Something I've obviously missed on the site!

Just going now to read up on it.

SHEEP
24-01-2003, 12:53
we were looking to maybe have one night off and go out for a romantic meal[:I]but to be honest i am very concerned about leaving the children with strangers so i doubt if we will,i just thought if the experts gave a glowing Recommendation for this service i could be Persuaded:D
Sean and Clan

athurstance
24-01-2003, 14:36
Have you considered using one of the Disney child care services. They are particularly handy if you are eating in one of the Disney hotel restaurants. There is the Mouse Club at the Grand Floridian and one at the Polynesian aswell. The children can play and have tea while you have your meal.
It means they are literally only on another floor of the hotel and all the Disney staff are vetted and qualified to care for children.

Angela

neilandkay
24-01-2003, 22:03
In the USA they have the Better Business Bureau. They promote good business practices and mediate complaints etc. You can contact them and find out if they have any feedback on Sunshine Babysitting.

www.orlando.bbb.org is the Orlando Branch Website

Also check with Sunshine who they are licenced and insured with. You can follow up on those areas and/or ask for references to check up on.

I found out about Sunshine last Dec, but haven't had chance to use them. Next time....

Kay