PDA

View Full Version : IPods

tuzanne
04-02-2005, 16:38
My son has just lost the IPod we bought him for Christmas while at school. Despite it having his nickname engraved on it I am doubtful that any child finding it would be hones enough to hand it in as it is so expensive and sought after. Although we refused to buy another one as it cost us £250 he does have some money of his own and wants to buy another one. We are going out to Orlando on 20th Feb and I said that if he gives me the money I will buy one for him there. I assume that they are cheaper in US, especially with a good exchange rate. I get the feeling that if he has had to part with his own money he will be more careful with this one.

Does anyone know where the best place to buy an IPod is in Orlando, and is it ok to use in the UK?

Sue

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2005, 16:48
The Apple Store at the Mall At Millennia is great. They also have them at compUSA and Ciruit City near the Florida Mall. The iPod's bought in the USA work perfectly in the UK - you just need a plug adapter if you are going to use the supplied power cable for re-chargign it when back in the UK.

fiona
04-02-2005, 21:38
Oh bad luck Sue, I have just had huge row with Apple as we bought 3 and one stopped working properly (something to do with the LCD - you can hear everything but can't see anything on the front) after 2 days! They said it had been dropped which it hasn't (having said at the apple shop they would replace it), so after 45 mins on the phone (at my expense) and threatening them with Trading Standards they have agreed to replace FOC.

Typically I went out for an hour this afternoon and they tried to deliver it then! Have arranged for it to be delivered to the office on Mon pm so it will definately arrive.

janny
04-02-2005, 22:02
When we were looking for one last month the only place that had any at all was the Apple Store in the Mall At Millenia .

brizzle
04-02-2005, 23:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
The Apple Store at the Mall At Millennia is great. They also have them at compUSA and Ciruit City near the Florida Mall. The iPod's bought in the USA work perfectly in the UK - you just need a plug adapter if you are going to use the supplied power cable for re-chargign it when back in the UK.
[/quote]

Or, on my charger at least, you can take off the american pins, they are on a little plastic adapter.
This leaves you with a small figure of eight plug into which you can plug a normal small kettle lead (it is the same type you get with a portable stereo or the old cassette decks).

I got a mini ipod as a test to see if I would use an mp3 player.
I do and it's fantastic, and will be upgrading to a full size ipod when I next go to Florida.
Although I think I prefer the size and the finish to the mini ipod, one piece brushed metal case...nice.

Brizzle.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2005, 23:39
The iPod Mini's are great but the real thing is a lot better. We have both types here and I'm always worrying about spare space on the Mini one but my 60Gb Photo iPod handles anything I can throw at it - including all the digital photos I have [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle

I got a mini ipod as a test to see if I would use an mp3 player.
I do and it's fantastic, and will be upgrading to a full size ipod when I next go to Florida.
Although I think I prefer the size and the finish to the mini ipod, one piece brushed metal case...nice.

Brizzle.

05-02-2005, 13:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tuzanne
My son has just lost the IPod we bought him for Christmas while at school. Despite it having his nickname engraved on it I am doubtful that any child finding it would be hones enough to hand it in as it is so expensive and sought after. Although we refused to buy another one as it cost us £250 he does have some money of his own and wants to buy another one. We are going out to Orlando on 20th Feb and I said that if he gives me the money I will buy one for him there. I assume that they are cheaper in US, especially with a good exchange rate. I get the feeling that if he has had to part with his own money he will be more careful with this one.

Does anyone know where the best place to buy an IPod is in Orlando, and is it ok to use in the UK?

Sue
[/quote]

Have you tried claiming on your house insurance?

Also was it lost or stolen, we do not let ours take them to school for this reason they are such a superb piece of kit!

TonyBlenk
05-02-2005, 13:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
The iPod Mini's are great but the real thing is a lot better. We have both types here and I'm always worrying about spare space on the Mini one but my 60Gb Photo iPod handles anything I can throw at it - including all the digital photos I have [msnsmile]
[/quote]

Hi John,
Is the upgrade to the Photo iPod worth it?
It seems great to be able to view pics whilst listening to music, but I'm concerned the screen size might be small?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2005, 13:56
I think so - I really wanted the colour screen and the ability to while away the time looking at my photos and remembering holidays we have been on, seeing the children growing etc etc up is great. The photos look great on the screen - which seems to be slightly larger than my 3G iPod.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TonyBlenk
[/quote]

Hi John,
Is the upgrade to the Photo iPod worth it?
It seems great to be able to view pics whilst listening to music, but I'm concerned the screen size might be small?
[/quote]

TonyBlenk
05-02-2005, 13:59
Thanks. Oh dear, another excuse to visit the Apple Store.
I may have to consider selling my iPod on eBay first! :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2005, 14:12
LOL - I kept my old 40Gb 3G iPod and use them both when going to Florida as between them they have more than enough battery life for the wait at the airport and the flight [msnsmile]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TonyBlenk
Thanks. Oh dear, another excuse to visit the Apple Store.
I may have to consider selling my iPod on eBay first! :D
[/quote]

floridahol
18-04-2005, 21:53
Hi, I have 3 questions,

1. is there anywhere at orlando int airport that sells ipod mini's and/or ipod shuffles?

2. do they sell ipods (mini/shuffle) at the virgin megastore at downtown disney?

3.alternatively i might order one of amazon.com with american credit card and have it sent to our villa whilst over there (we own the villa). Can anyone forsee (sp?) a problem with that?

Thanks