PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove

AngelaB
04-02-2005, 16:22
Has anyone managed to book on the DC website? I know i can phone direct but just wondered if anyone had done it through the site?

Nostromo
04-02-2005, 16:53
I booked a place for my wife at DC last year via on-line. You can use their confirmatory message printout as a ticket, complete with all necessary instructions. Having said that, I also called them to check a few things afterwards. It is all very straightforward.

ravtino
04-02-2005, 17:33
I have used this twice, once for last year and then again for this year, no problems with it.

PollyA
04-02-2005, 18:56
I used the website to book last year (2 with dolphins 2 without). When I logged on our dates were not available but I kept looking and every day new dates appeared that had been previously booked out. In the end we got exactly the dates we wanted so don't give up. We went in late August and had a fab day apart from we had to leave the pool area at 3.00pm because of thunderstorms. Unpredictable Florida weather!!

Polly

Ray&Sarah
04-02-2005, 20:07
Some friends of ours booked Dc on-line, said it was fine and they really enjoyed the day.[msnsmile]

emm
04-02-2005, 20:17
I booked through the website. I then emailed them a couple of questions and they were very prompt and helpful in their replies.

wrpac00
04-02-2005, 20:22
I have used the website to book twice, very easy.

tuzanne
04-03-2005, 19:54
We booked on line before coming which is the best thing to do as it is popular and restricts numbers. We enjoyed our day and had perfect weather. The facilities are fine, but the food was a bit basic in my opinion and I think that they could have done better in that area. Also to give an exclusive feel I felt they could have used more space for the seating area.

Sue

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 20:01
I would love to do Discovery Cove, but how big do the wetsuits go up to[msnembarrased]

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 20:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
I would love to do Discovery Cove, but how big do the wetsuits go up to[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Funny that you should mention it. Having not been to DC myself I don't know the answer directly, but I recall my wife saying that there was this really big teenager on the day she went. She was joking that the poor dolphin might have been intimidated by his size! That and the fact that the average American is considerably bigger than the average Briton would suggest that larger people should be allright.

wrpac00
04-03-2005, 20:51
I would have thought they could accomodate anyone of any size.

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 20:59
maybe, but what if i fall over, I might not be able to get back up[msnwink] I won't let anyone see me in a swimming costume so a wetsuit? don't know, I may even be brave and try an find out from Seaworld themselves, I will let you know if I do!

AngelaB
05-03-2005, 00:33
Anita

Apparently you dont have to wear a wetsuit, you get the choice of either a wetsuit or a vest. We have booked to go next Feb and neither myself or my hubby are slim[msnembarrased], and i have looked into it. Also, my hubbys boss went last year and lent us the video that you can buy, and let me tell you there were some BIG people on it, in the vests. I am now not worried in the slightest.

chunkichik
05-03-2005, 00:57
thanks Angela, although does that mean I have to wear a swimming costume in public[msnoo]

pt cruiser
05-03-2005, 01:07
[/quote]
Anita, i asked discovery cove that question. They go up tp 12X.I was really worried, but they had one to fit me on the rail(apparently they keep the really large ones out back somewhere!!)So you will be fine. And i got a tow from Aki the dolphin[msneek][msneek]I think he needed a rest afterwards tho[msnembarrased][msnwink]
Teresa

AngelaB
05-03-2005, 01:11
thanks Angela, although does that mean I have to wear a swimming costume in public[msnoo]
[/quote]

Well.....yeah you will Anita,but hey who cares....i say just enjoy the day if you decide to go.[msnwink]

AngelaB
05-03-2005, 01:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
[/quote]
Anita, i asked discovery cove that question. They go up tp 12X.I was really worried, but they had one to fit me on the rail(apparently they keep the really large ones out back somewhere!!)So you will be fine. And i got a tow from Aki the dolphin[msneek][msneek]I think he needed a rest afterwards tho[msnembarrased][msnwink]
Teresa
[/quote]

So what size is a 12x Teresa? Any ideas?

pt cruiser
05-03-2005, 01:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
[/quote]
Teresa
[/quote]

So what size is a 12x Teresa? Any ideas?
[/quote]
1xl 2xl 3xl and so on i think.

AngelaB
05-03-2005, 01:27
oh i see Teresa, thanks

melvazquez
05-03-2005, 14:53
We went to DC this Feb and booked it on the website and was all straight forward and no problems.

What a brill day, the best of the holiday.

mel

Ray&Sarah
05-03-2005, 16:51
Go for it Anita you will love it.[msnsmile2]

jaynekent
05-03-2005, 18:08
We have just arrived home and had a fantastic day at dc. I would go for the vests I had a nightmare with the wetsuit, very hard to get out of once you are in!!!!!

Very impressed with dc overall even the food was good!!

Jayne