PDA

View Full Version : unsolicited faxes

John Rocke
03-02-2005, 19:37
Those annoying phone calls you get for 090 numbers are also a pain if you have a fax machine.

I am constantly pestered by these and they clog up the memory. waste ink and paper and are a general nuisance.

I recently e mailed ICSTIS on their website highlighting my annoyance at a couple in particular but heard nothing more until yesterday when I received a letter from them saying that the complaint had been dealt with and upheld. The company were fined £8000 and barred from this service for 12 months.

I have since found out that if you visit a site called www.fpsonline.org.uk you can be removed from these mailing lists.

hope this helps those who suffer these as well.

j rocke.

Nostromo
03-02-2005, 21:07
I had similar problems with my phone although not the fax machine. Apparently, they are BT computer generated calls or whatever. Anyway, mine stopped after I complained to BT.

Ray&Sarah
03-02-2005, 22:06
We used to get alot of junk faxes at work, we registered with a company that bars them and within 21 days they had stopped, haven't had any since.[msnsmile2]

jolliffee
05-02-2005, 21:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
We used to get alot of junk faxes at work, we registered with a company that bars them and within 21 days they had stopped, haven't had any since.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Now we need something like this for eamil[msnwink]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 21:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee

[i]
Now we need something like this for eamil[msnwink]

I am not sure if it is in my Norton Shield or something that I downloaded from Virgin about 8 months ago, SPAM has almost disappeared from my PC. Whereas I used to get 50 to 60 trash mails in 24 hours just over a year ago, I now get less than 5.:)

blott
05-02-2005, 21:56
If you're with Virgin as an ISP Nostromo, they instituted a spam filter some time ago. It always worries me though that what they call spam, I might call potential business so I'd prefer to zap it myself after checking it all.

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 23:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
If you're with Virgin as an ISP Nostromo, they instituted a spam filter some time ago. It always worries me though that what they call spam, I might call potential business so I'd prefer to zap it myself after checking it all.
[/quote]

I am with Virgin as ISP. As far as I can tell, I have not lost any legitimate mail so far. This is supposed to be some sort of 'intelligent' shield that recognises a good mail even when certain 'banned' words are used. This is obviously important to me as a doctor, because I sometimes discuss cases (without mentioning the patients' names, of course) with colleagues by e-mail and we have to use words like p***s etc that are usually present in Spam for other reasons.