PDA

View Full Version : help was provided

kathy41
02-02-2005, 21:20
Thank you for taking the time to read this note. I recieved information from a person on the forum. It was very helpful. I was able to explain my position a bit better by direct message and the response was very helpful, as to my choices.
Thanks

blott
02-02-2005, 22:01
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this.

You booked with an owner who told you that their home was available "FRom APril23 05 7 nights" followed by "We can give you the villa for 7 nights, at whatever price." in their email. Surely "from April 23 05" was the start date and "7 nights" was the length of stay the owner was offering you? What would make you think that this was the end date?

When you filled in the booking form, this was a contract with the home owner for rental of their home for the dates they had quoted to you, ie "from April 23 05 7 nights". Presumably you signed the booking form acknowledging the booking was correct as you then went on and paid your deposit. You agree you did not read this form before paying your deposit.

Now, if I understand it correctly, you have told the home owner there is an error with the dates.

To be honest, I think the home owner has been fair with you under the circumstances. They seem to have quoted the date to you and the number of nights (although you thought this was the end date for some reason) more than once but you didn't read these.

This is really something you have to sort out with the home owner concerned as no-one here can tell you the right or wrong to this as we have your side of the story only.

I would suggest that you contact the owner again and ask if you can have a refund of your deposit (bear in mind that there may be a reduction for administration from this if it is returned) or, failing that, ask if you can put the deposit you've paid towards another date in the future.

ctgirlscout
03-02-2005, 00:52
I have to agree, I would take the phrase "from April 23 7 nights" to indicate the start date with a duration of 7 nights. I don't see the confusion. The only thing you can do is appeal to the owner to either change your dates or give you a refund, but I doubt he is obligated to do so.