PDA

View Full Version : Petrol and Diesel cars.

bluebirds
02-02-2005, 18:54
Has any one ever filled up their diesel car with unleaded petrol?This blonde bimbo did at my local Sainsburys last week. It has cost me £180.00 to get the problem sorted. Luckily i did not start the engine and muck that up. Boy do i feel stupid. I actually have no defence why i did it. So let it be a warning, it is a very expensive tank of fuel if you cock up like me.[V][V]:(

Nostromo
02-02-2005, 19:07
I know a situation where the reverse happened...someone reportedly filled up their petrol car with diesel. Like you, the error was spotted before the driver tried to start the engine. I don't know how much it cost the owner, but will insurance cover this sort of thing since it is really an "accident"?

LiesaAnna
02-02-2005, 19:18
i expect that will be me one day, we always use a diesel car, but he says now we should have petrol! i still panic when i fill up with diesel!

Rich-n-Ang
02-02-2005, 19:26
I think this is quite a common mistake and I'm sure I read somewhere that making this mistake causes more damage to engines one way than the other but can't remember which is the lesser of the two evils, i.e. Petrol in a Diesel or Diesel in a Petrol.

I've always thought that Car manufacturers and Fuel companies could develop a way of making sure the nozzle on the pump would not fit the wrong type of car.

And no I haven't made the mistake myself but know 2 people that have, we have 2 cars (one of each) and so are always very careful !!.

chunkichik
02-02-2005, 20:00
My car will not take a diesel pump, I know this because I got very annoyed at the petrol station one day when I was in a rush and couldn't get it in. When I looked properly the hose was BLACK!!!!, good job too my hubby trained as a mechanic and would have killed me!!!

Ray&Sarah
02-02-2005, 20:19
Its easily done.[msnoo][msnsmile]