PDA

View Full Version : DS-157 Supplemental Non-immigrant Visa Application

linsan
02-02-2005, 01:22
My son is applying for a B2 visa as he isn't eligible for the visa waver. According to the website all males aged between 16 and 45 have to fill in a DS-157 form. Question 8 asks for the full name and address of contact person or organization in the US, including a telephone no. What are we suppose to put in there as he will only be coming to Florida for holidays? Please help as I don't want to arrange my wedding in Florida until this is sorted.

florida4sun
02-02-2005, 01:28
Hi,
you need to call the embassey on this. Even if someone gave you info, it may noty be 100% correct. Get it from the horses mouth!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
My son is applying for a B2 visa as he isn't eligible for the visa waver. According to the website all males aged between 16 and 45 have to fill in a DS-157 form. Question 8 asks for the full name and address of contact person or organization in the US, including a telephone no. What are we suppose to put in there as he will only be coming to Florida for holidays? Please help as I don't want to arrange my wedding in Florida until this is sorted.

[/quote]

blott
02-02-2005, 01:43
Why not put your MC down (after asking them first of course)?

linsan
02-02-2005, 01:48
Good idea Blott will do that.

Nostromo
02-02-2005, 10:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Why not put your MC down (after asking them first of course)?
[/quote]

That should work. We had plenty of other contacts in the US to put qown of course, but the Caretaker lady clearly said during casual conversation later "you could have given our address". But of course, it would be polite to check with particular MCs first.

Bezza
02-02-2005, 12:01
You do not need to put in an address or name.

I have just been through this process and left this question blank. I had no problems when I went to the embassy

Frosty
03-02-2005, 12:45
I'll echo Bezza,

We just got ours and we didn't put anything in that question, no problems either.[clap]

Nostromo
03-02-2005, 16:00
Bezza and Frosty, I assume that you are both UK residents and needed to apply for a visa for other reasons. In our case, the only non-UK resident adult male was my brother-in-law and he has an Indian passport. Also, that was his first visit to the US and so we did not want to take any chances. The contact he put down in the DS-157 was a cousin who lives in Danville, Illinois, but that did not seem to matter with the Immos. But the fact that he had a point of contact helped.