PDA

View Full Version : Travelodge

ringwood1
02-02-2005, 00:25
Just booked a Travelodge by Heathrow for the night before our flight and they have a special offer at the moment. I have a family room for £26 for the night. I can't believe what value this is as I was looking at hotels and because Keith and I have two children the cost was silly, one hotel wanted an extra £120 because we would need a family room. I don't know how long they are running this offer but it is for all the Travelodge's over the country.

linda allen
02-02-2005, 01:02
that really is a great offer, thanks for letting us know. Whem are you going?

E. Cosgrove
02-02-2005, 01:14
That is really a relly great deal!!

ringwood1
02-02-2005, 01:56
I am off on Monday morning so staying at Heathrow Sunday night, only 5 more days to go :)

tonykirsty
02-02-2005, 15:00
Travelodge near Gatwick was also offering rooms at this price when I looked.

Another offer is at Holiday Inn, where you can get a Family Room for £50 (put 'big sale' in the price option box). It's stil dearer than the Hol Inn Express (which includes continental brekkie) but I suspect that, as a hotel, it's a lot better. Unfortunately, they haven't carried the discount through to their parking inclusive rate, which sits at £127.50 for room + 8 days.

Tony

poohbear
02-02-2005, 15:23
i paid £169 for a night in a family room at the hilton hotel with 15 days parking. parking at the gate price comes to £120 so that means room for the night was £49

Robert5988
02-02-2005, 16:09
Great deal.

On a slightly different tack, has anyone used a Travel Lodge in Florida? I stayed in one on the East Coast for a night and it was really 'Down Market'and not a patch on the standards of the UK chain - which I have found excellent value.

I wonder if my bad experience was the exception or the rule.

christhear
02-02-2005, 16:55
Quote - Just booked a Travelodge by Heathrow for the night before our flight and they have a special offer at the moment. I have a family room for £26 for the night. I can't believe what value this is as I was looking at hotels and because Keith and I have two children the cost was silly, one hotel wanted an extra £120 because we would need a family room. I don't know how long they are running this offer but it is for all the Travelodge's over the country.

I stay in a Travelodge at Fort Lauderdale - I will NEVER stay in an American Travelodge again - standard was totally disgusting, nothing like an British Travelodge

ringwood1
02-03-2005, 01:55
Have to say that we enjoyed our stay in the Travelodge, probably because we were all excited about our holiday but the room was clean and comfortable and was fine for the four of us. We booked a taxi in the morning and that was waiting for us when we got to reception. It was a lot better than setting off at 3.00 am and worry about the car breaking down.

chris
05-03-2005, 00:02
What was the problem with the American travelodge? My hubby and son have booked into some in San Francisco so want to know if they'll be OK?

Robert5988
05-03-2005, 00:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: What was the problem with the American travelodge? My hubby and son have booked into some in San Francisco so want to know if they'll be OK?[/quote]

Scruffy, dirty, noisy and looked highly insecure. I booked from UK as it was just a room to sleep in - wish I hadn't.

I must admit I thought it would be on a par with Travelodge in UK - it wasn't!

ringwood1
08-03-2005, 22:33
If you are worried about the Travelodge check it out on [name edited] as this is quite helpful. Each Travelodge is different so don't be too worried.

phaedra
09-03-2005, 01:12
We've satyed at 3 Travelodges in Florida, the first on the 192 around mile marker10 was OK, room was a good size and the pull out bed was comfortable. The second was on East Busch Blvd near Busch Gardens, this was a dump to say the least, cars coming and going doing wheelspins/skids and drunks sitting round the pool until the early hours. The last one was on the 19 about 10 miles south of Spring Hill near New Port Richley, this was fine, just far enough back from the 19 to loose the traffic noise and a clean room at a great rate.