PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks

lindmr
21-01-2003, 23:24
Can anyone offer advice or compare Wet-n-Wild in Orlando against Adventure Island in Tampa? Are they about the same or is one significantly better in one area than another? I've been to Wet-n-Wild, but not Adventure Island. Thanks for the advice!

orlandobabe
21-01-2003, 23:45
Oooh! Adventure Island in Tampa! Didn't know of that one!

Can you tell us a bit more about it?

fiona
22-01-2003, 02:37
Sorry I don't know the one in Tampa. But do bear in mind you are going to have a drive to get there - assuming you are staying in the Orlando area.

We found Wet-n-wild a bit of a concrete jungle but still very enjoyable.

My teenage daughters opinion (aged 17 and 14) are that Blizzard Beach knocks spots of WNW - indeed so does Typhoon Lagoon which they only go to if BB is full!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-01-2003, 02:47
Adventure Island is just over the road from Busch Gardens in Tampa as far as I know.

Last time we went to Busch Gardens I was 15 years old and it definitely was not there then ;).

Biggus
22-01-2003, 13:13
Lindmr,
Last time we went to Busch Gardens (Sep 01) Adventure Island was there across the road but looked a little ramshackle - only an impression from the passing Mears coach I add.
We have actually visited and really enjoyed WnW - good rides for individuals AND groups, it was a bit of a concrete jungle (hard on the bare feet) it was good fun none the less (even my mum in her 50's had a really good day).
One downside with WnW which did sour the day slightly, one of our party did get knocked out on the Black Hole slide - wrongly advised where to sit in/on the doughnut by the WnW staff!! Initially the medic staff were very good (bodyboard/neck checks etc.) all very Baywatch for the public, but once she was taken to the medic centre the staff just left her to get on with it - 'You're alright just a slight bang on the head, if you want to sit in here for a bit then please do, otherwise just take a couple of tablets and lie down at home' was the jist of the conversation with medic staff. My wife who is a doctor took one look at her when we got back to the villa (my wife had gone shopping for the afternoon) and immediately diagnosed heavy concussion.
Like I said soured the day somewhat - having said that my wife and I going back in March/April so it can't have been that bad an experience.

Biggus:)

esprit
22-01-2003, 18:35
Wet and Wild is a state of the art water park. I have never actually been inside Adventure Island but it looks to be a run of the mill water park much along the lines of Watermania. It is a long way to drive for that. Have you thought of Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon if you want a change from Wet and Wild? Both are brilliant water parks ( I love the theming at Typhoon Lagoon though Blizzard beach has scarier rides). I would say they are both a better bet than Adventure Island and a lot nearer if you are Orlando/ Kissimmee based.