PDA

View Full Version : Length of Stay

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 11:14
How many days would you PREFER to go for??

[msncool]

No matter how long we go for, we can never get to do everything we want to do.
Even though we plan everyday!!

Cruella DeVilla
01-02-2005, 11:28
Think this one speaks for itself guys![8D]

WR1
01-02-2005, 12:15
I take it was a mistake when someone voted 21 days :D:D

WR.

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 12:17
Someone obviously didn't read it properly!!

Ray&Sarah
01-02-2005, 12:33
Had to vote the last one, would stay indefinately if we could obviously.:D

LiesaAnna
01-02-2005, 13:19
would like to stay for at least a month! and especially around christmas!
dont think i would want to live there! its not the same as getting away from it all for a while![8D]

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 13:41
I have voted 28 days, even though we usually can only manage 21. The extra week would allow a bit more flexibilty to see places outside Orlando, but unfortunately our leave restrictions won't allow that :(.

Sally D
01-02-2005, 13:42
I voted 28 days. Have only been for 14 days but would love to stay longer so we could fit it all in and not have to rush around but relax a bit. I would then be happy to come home so I could start planning the next trip.

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 13:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I have voted 28 days, even though we usually can only manage 21. The extra week would allow a bit more flexibilty to see places outside Orlando, but unfortunately our leave restrictions won't allow that :(.
[/quote]

Anything over 2 weeks and I have to have permission granted from up above by special order!!

Would love to go and come home when I felt it was needed!!
Just for a day or say before returning!! (Ideal World OF COURSE)

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 13:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Magical Dreamsup above by special order!!

[/quote]

Assuming that it was Andy who posted this, I thought your "up above" would be Diane and if she loved Florida as much as you do, why do you need 'special permission'? :D:D

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 13:56
If only I had to see Diane!!

That would be no problem!!

As she loves Florida almost as much as me!!

Unfortunatley, Work is above her when it comes to Holiday's
[gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun]

ctgirlscout
01-02-2005, 16:32
I voted for 14. I would love to have two full weeks at one time.

01-02-2005, 17:59
We normally go for 3 weeks, last year we extended it to 3 and a half weeks and this year 4 weeks!!! Can't wait!!!

blott
01-02-2005, 18:28
We went for five weeks over Christmas/New Year so I had to vote for 'can't get enough' and we might even make it six weeks this Christmas, who knows! :) We've got another 3.5 weeks in April to think about before then...

brizzle
01-02-2005, 19:10
We did 8 days last April and 21 days in November.

Now this is going to sound weird but the 21 days didn't seem any longer than than the 8 days (or in fact a 14 day trip).
We normally have a loose schedule that is suited to our length of stay and because we have been a few times in the last 24 months there is less we *have* to see. This means the pace of the holidays were about the same.
We seemed to do less in November but when we looked back at it, we actually did more but it was more spread out so seemed like we did less.

Told you it would sound weird.

Brizzle.

Ray&Sarah
01-02-2005, 20:33
We have a 21 night holiday in August to look forward to, would love to go for longer but Ray has to get special permission to take 3 weeks off together and wouldn't be allowed any longer. Oh well maybe when we retire in years to come.[msnsmile2]

amy
02-02-2005, 01:12
Previouly done the standard 14 nights, however in November managed 21, but due to shifts and consideration of other people who work with both of us we can only have the longer breaks when others don't want hols.
Agree with Brizzle 21 seems o longer than 8, still as busy but at a slower pace.
What is strange is when you have a week alone, then friends join you for a week, then you seem to have ages once they go back.
But three shorter trips wouldn't bother me.

Liam_Sandie
02-02-2005, 01:23
We are going for 21 blissful nights...59 days and counting!!!![msntongue][msncool][msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
02-02-2005, 01:27
I voted for 28 days although have never been for this length of time, max 21, it's never long enough although I am always glad to come home wether it is a week or 3 weeks.

Fletch
02-02-2005, 22:50
I voted 28 days - we had 21 days in January and we would have liked more "villa" days in between our hectic days out, plus we never made it to Busch Gardens or Cypress Gardens, which had been on my list of must dos.

Lyn
04-02-2005, 18:50
I voted for 28 as we would love to spend 2 weeks travelling around and 2 weeks in Kissimmee but that is impossible at the moment, have to wait till we retire.

Magical Dreams
18-02-2005, 15:49
Hoping our trip next week is one of three this year!!

Lets wait and see!!

domster
20-02-2005, 13:40
I would have though 14 days would have got more votes as this is the amount of time we usually go for.

DOM

pieman790
20-02-2005, 13:47
It all down to the amount of time we can have off work. We like to go twice a year on holiday so we can only afford 16 days at a time. also British schools are tightening down the amount of time kids have off out of school so unless you dont mind going in July/August then it two weeks max. Our kids brought a letter home from school recently and it said that any more than 10 days off in a school year then you maybe fined by the local council.

brizzle
20-02-2005, 13:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
It all down to the amount of time we can have off work. We like to go twice a year on holiday so we can only afford 16 days at a time. also British schools are tightening down the amount of time kids have off out of school so unless you dont mind going in July/August then it two weeks max. Our kids brought a letter home from school recently and it said that any more than 10 days off in a school year then you maybe fined by the local council.
[/quote]

We're now hit by this but I have comprimised by booking a week of October half term and a week of term time.
I suppose doing it this way you could have 21 days and still only miss 10 days of school.

If the money goes to the actual school then I have no problems with being fined but what are the odds that the money is 'banked' elsewhere?

Brizzle.

John Rocke
20-02-2005, 16:10
I don't agree with taking children out of school for holidays. they come to see it as a place they have to go to if they have nothing else they prefer to do.
Parental responsibility for schooling is an important issue that seeps down through all levels of society, and one that shouldn't be taken lightly or costed against the price of flights.

jr

brizzle
20-02-2005, 16:16
Fair enough that's your opinion and it works for you.

I take my parenting responsibility seriously but also realise that life is not 100% school.
There are other things I want my child to experience such as a holiday with the family and a holiday totally within the school holiday is too highly priced so I compromise with the half & half approach.

&lt;morbid mode&gt;
I may get hit by a bus tomorrow.
What will my children value more, a week they had in school or that week of memories with their Father?
&lt;/morbid mode&gt;

Brizzle.

luckylady
20-02-2005, 16:35
Our last trip was for 4 weeks and that was not long enough
next trip if I can will be for 6 weeks hopefully June
The problem is the flight I hate it I dont mind flying I am bored out of my head
I try and read watch a film nothing works if I could sleep for a few hours would help
So the longer we go for the bigger the gap before ve have to fly again
But that creates another problem Bruce is self employed so if he doesnt work he does'nt get any money I work from home most of the time now so I can do some work when I am in Florida
Its a hard life!!!!!![clap][clap][clap]