PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Conditions

tonykirsty
01-02-2005, 05:43
Are there any good websites to view traffic reports and hold ups in the Orlando/Kissimmee area? Failing that, and also for use while on the move, what radio stations are recommended for traffic info?

We're going over in a couple of weeks and the roadworks at the 192/I4 junction sound as though they may affect conditions quite a lot.

All info gratefully received.

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 15:04
This link can give you all the info needed.

[website link edited]

or this one:

[website link edited]

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 16:58
Oops, Looks like there was something in one of those links! Tonykirsty, I have Dmed them to you.

tonykirsty
01-02-2005, 17:02
Excellent, thanks for the links.

Tony

flyrr100
23-02-2005, 22:24
Busy all summer! Try to avoid I-4.

poohbear
23-02-2005, 23:39
how do we do this ?

Jo
24-02-2005, 01:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
[/quote]

We were there last August and nipping up and down the I4 all the time. We didn't have any problems.

Maybe you were just unlucky.

flyrr100
24-02-2005, 01:52
If you are travelling North-South in Orlando you have a few options. I-4 is always busy and always full of construction. 436 is always busy, and has lights every 1/2 mile. Takes forever. 417 is great. It's the toll road but it's well kept and easy to navigate.
East-West avoid Colonial. It's listed as one of the nation's most dangerous roads! 17-92 is busy but not as bad. The BeeLine is the toll road that goes past the airport. It's busy but easy to use.
Down by the parks your are on your own! I live here and avoid Kississimme because of the traffic! International Drive can be crazy!

Have a blast in Central Florida.

Nostromo
24-02-2005, 14:27
I-4 is always busy and always full of construction. [/quote]

Funny you should say that Flyrr. We use I-4 all the time and I must have driven along the interstate at almost any hour of the day during out various visits. While it can be busy, the traffic is always flowing and I have never encountered a M4 type gridlock. I think being savvy with the various exit routes of I-4 can make driving in and around Orlando & Kissimmee a lot easier.

flyrr100
24-02-2005, 17:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I-4 is always busy and always full of construction. [/quote]

Funny you should say that Flyrr. We use I-4 all the time and I must have driven along the interstate at almost any hour of the day during out various visits. While it can be busy, the traffic is always flowing and I have never encountered a M4 type gridlock. I think being savvy with the various exit routes of I-4 can make driving in and around Orlando & Kissimmee a lot easier.
[/quote]

It's not the slow traffic, it's the crazy drivers! Florida has probably the world's worst drivers! What with the transplanted yankees over 70 in their Cadilacs. The 'fresh off the boat' Brits trying to drive on the left! The crazy kids in their sooped up Mazdas.