PDA

View Full Version : desktop pics??

jaff
01-02-2005, 05:07
has anyone got some nice pics of the parks especially magic kingdom??

please for ma wee boys....[msnsmile2]

cheers guys and gals

JAFF

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 11:00
I have DMed you a link with a large selection of pictures. If you right click on the one you like, you get the option to choose it for your desktop.

chunkichik
01-02-2005, 13:18
lots of people host their holiday pictures on various websites, i just did a search and got some nice ones for my desktop too!!!

Anita

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 14:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
lots of people host their holiday pictures on various websites, i just did a search and got some nice ones for my desktop too!!!

Anita
[/quote]

This is an interesting comment. I have always assumed that people posting their family pictures on public websites accepted that others might 'steal' them to use as their desktop pics or whatever. I have done so too, but only where the picture is neutral (ie without people in it) and clearly offered for such use. I also assume that the members posting their pictures on this forum expect their colleagues to respect their privacy and so have never saved any of them. I have 'played around' with some of Snapper & Brizzle's pics on photoshop to change or enhance the effects, but deleted them immediatly afterwards and informed the owner. I hope that this is the right way to go about it.

brizzle
01-02-2005, 19:18
I'm not too worried, just as long as people don't make money that could be mine for Florida trips :).

I had some schoolkid from Texas (or so they said) DM on this site who wanted to use one of my pictures of Spaceship Earth for a school project.
Of course I said, no problems with the proviso above.
Someone else asked to use them for making a Christmas card for friends/relatives. Again, no problem.

I like taking pictures so if other people get enjoyment from any of them then my job is done.
Just started getting into a bit more so reading about composition etc to see if I can improve but it's all just a bit of fun really.

Brizzle.

blott
01-02-2005, 19:43
I used someone from the forum's pic for our Christmas cards but I asked their permission first! I would never copy or use someone else's pics without asking their permission first as that would be copyright theft.

Snapper
01-02-2005, 19:49
Jaff, if you see any of mine on here that you like the look of, let me know and I will send you one at the correct resolution for your background.

Hey Brizzle - if you're reading about thirds and golden S'es and composition it's a slippery slope you know. Next you'll be signing up for evening school and you'll end up like me stalking around MGM just before closing time with a tripod over your shoulder. You've been warned now!! [msnwink]

Frosty
02-02-2005, 02:46
I would have thought that anyone publishing there work in the public domain would have realised that others may then use it as they like.
That doesn't mean i would condone it, but surely if you had something that you suspected could be used to make money, you would not publish it.

Maybe we should put a line at the bottom of each photo, stating something like "for personal use only", its a bit like the issue of software by freeware i would have thought really.

Other than that maybe there should be a sticky stating the facts.

At the end of the day though, if you don't want it stolen/copied/changed don't publish it.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
05-02-2005, 17:39
I have taken many a photo,picture,image,animation,song etc from off the WWW but only for my own personal use.

On the few occasions i do post "other peoples content" i usually state so and do not ever try to take credit for them or pretend that they are mine.

As was stated above once you place your own content on the WWW its virtually impossible to stop people copying it even with the "no right click" option which stops this in most browsers there are still ways of getting around this and transferring them to your own computer.

If i wanted to post a photo or similar content on the web and not want it copied i would transfer it to "flash" which is much harder to copy although as i said earlier its possible to copy almost anything if you have the know how and/or the right tools.

Personally i think people copying any of my photos is a great compliment and even if they can or try to make money out of them then good luck to them though they aint gonna get very rich...lol.
I must have at least 500 photos on the WWW as well as over 10 websites and some videos so if people enjoy looking at them thats fine with me.

I like Arun have copied some of Snappers illumination photos as they are the best of that type i have ever seen and have enjoyed showing them to family and friends as well as giving credit to the photographer however much i wish that was me...lol.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/20052513350_sky.jpg
The Sky at Night.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200525133719_SUNSET.jpg
Swan Lake.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200525133746_BIGONE.jpg
The Big One.

Ray&Sarah
05-02-2005, 18:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jaff
has anyone got some nice pics of the parks especially magic kingdom??

please for ma wee boys....[msnsmile2]

cheers guys and gals

JAFF
[/quote]

Have you tried the [website name edited] site loads of Disney pictures. [msnsmile2]

jaff
06-02-2005, 21:09
nostrom that link didnt work mate ..... wheres that about?

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 21:21
nostrom that link didnt work mate .....webshots wheres that about?

[/quote]
[website link edited]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 21:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC
nostrom that link didnt work mate .....[name edited] wheres that about?

[/quote]
[website link edited]
[/quote]

"Forum Rules
No Referral Links
You are not allowed to post a URL where you get money or some type of compensation by referring others."

I posted a link to [website name edited] which was deleted..just wondering why, seeing as i did not recieve any money or compensation for it,and i cant see what halm it could possible do regarding this site?

John.

jaff
06-02-2005, 21:52
if anyone has msn messenger or can DM some link plz add me plz

thank you

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 22:13
if anyone has msn messenger or can DM some link plz

thank you

[/quote]

Great photo of the Castle from Walt Disney &gt;&gt;&gt;

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200526181248_CASTLE1.jpg

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 22:17
if anyone has msn messenger or can DM a link plz

thank you

[/quote]

Great photo of the Universal Globe from Universal.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200526181719_UNIVERSAL.jpg

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 22:20
if anyone has msn messenger or can DM plz

thank you

[/quote]

Great photo of the Duelling Dragons from Universal.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200526182013_DD.jpg

jaff
06-02-2005, 22:34
wow nice pics

blott
06-02-2005, 23:09
nostrom that link didnt work mate .....webshots wheres that about?

[/quote]
[website link edited]
[/quote]

"Forum Rules
No Referral Links
You are not allowed to post a URL where you get money or some type of compensation by referring others."

I posted a link to [website name edited] which was deleted..just wondering why, seeing as i did not recieve any money or compensation for it,and i cant see what halm it could possible do regarding this site?

John.[/quote]It has links on it to vacation homes - forum rules are at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid3

Recommendations

If you wish to recommend a service which you have found useful to others on the forum, that's fine but please note that the Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to edit these at their discretion.

I know we may get some flack for 'censoring' blatant advertising, but we do have to be sensible about what we allow to be posted. Imagine ITV television advertising BBC programs - it doesn't make any business sense!

Our business offers excellent value tickets and car hire (as well as many other services) - Like with any other product, there will always be someone somewhere that sells a similar product for a similar or lower price! We do aim to provide great value sevices with excellent customer service. It would be daft for us to promotote the advertising of competitors blatantly on our own website!

These forums cost a surprising amount of money to run (the amount of visitors and traffic means using a dedicated server with a huge spec) as well as a lot of our own time, and we make minimum profit on our services - It is important that we protect this income to cover our costs, which is important to everyone - visitors to Florida and villa owners alike.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-02-2005, 23:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
nostrom that link didnt work mate .....[name edited] wheres that about?

[/quote]
[website link edited]
[/quote]

"Forum Rules
No Referral Links

John.[/quote]It has links on it to vacation homes - forum rules are at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid3

Recommendations

If you wish to recommend a service which you have found useful to others on the forum, that's fine but please note that the Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to edit these at their discretion.

I know we may get some flack for 'censoring' blatant advertising, but we do have to be sensible about what we allow to be posted. Imagine ITV television advertising BBC programs - it doesn't make any business sense!

Our business offers excellent value tickets and car hire (as well as many other services) - Like with any other product, there will always be someone somewhere that sells a similar product for a similar or lower price! We do aim to provide great value sevices with excellent customer service. It would be daft for us to promotote the advertising of competitors blatantly on our own website!

These forums cost a surprising amount of money to run (the amount of visitors and traffic means using a dedicated server with a huge spec) as well as a lot of our own time, and we make minimum profit on our services - It is important that we protect this income to cover our costs, which is important to everyone - visitors to Florida and villa owners alike.
[/quote]

Yes i did read the rules before i posted my first reply and i fully understand why some links would need to be deleted if they infringed or compromised the rights of this website.but i just cant see what the [name edited] site could possible have in common with this one or how it could take away any business from here.

John.

Snapper
06-02-2005, 23:50
To be honest, I'm not convinced by the Universal photo. The firework explosion bottom-left is a clone of the one top-left. The firework photo bottom-right is a clone of these as well that's been flipped horizontally. If you look close it wouldn't be possible because of the way the wind shapes the fireworks.

It's got a lot of wow factor though.

brizzle
06-02-2005, 23:55
The castle is also an artists impression of how it will look later this year for the 50th birthday celebrations of Disneyland.

Something to get my camera ready for...:)

Brizzle.

Ray&Sarah
07-02-2005, 01:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC[

Yes i did read the rules before i posted my first reply and i fully understand why some links would need to be deleted if they infringed or compromised the rights of this website.but i just cant see what the [name edited] site could possible have in common with this one or how it could take away any business from here.

John.
[/quote]

I thought the same thing until I went to the site and did a search for disney and google provided a list of other villa sites. So can understand why it was deleted now.[msnsmile2]

blott
07-02-2005, 01:23

John.[/quote]John, I'm sorry but the forum is primarily a site (linked to other websites provided by the same owners as the forum) relating to vacation rental homes, park tickets, car rental, etc, etc.

A website with links to any of those has everything to do with not posting the URL on this forum.

As I said, the website link that was posted has links to Florida vacation homes (trust me, I check before I edit anything), which makes it unacceptable to post the URL and the website name (just as bad as people can guess the URL from the name) on this forum.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
07-02-2005, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott

John.[/quote]John, I'm sorry but the forum is primarily a site (linked to other websites provided by the same owners as the forum) relating to vacation rental homes, park tickets, car rental, etc, etc.

A website with links to any of those has everything to do with not posting the URL on this forum.

As I said, the website link that was posted has links to Florida vacation homes (trust me, I check before I edit anything), which makes it unacceptable to post the URL and the website name (just as bad as people can guess the URL from the name) on this forum.
[/quote]

Point taken.

I understand and respect the rules of this site,and will not link to any other websites again.

John.