PDA

View Full Version : What you love most about Florida is............

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 02:20
It will be nice to see why people come to Florida and then return time after time.

I know that not everything is covered, but there are only 8 options!!

So put your suggestions in your replies.

rosie
01-02-2005, 02:53
I voted for a mixture of all, which was true, now it's because we love our house there and all the other reasons [msnwink]

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 02:59
I know where you are coming from Rosie

There are certain things that bring a lump to my throat when we are there,
one of which is seeing SHAMU

another is the first site of the Castle in MK

I feel like I belong when we are there!

[msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
01-02-2005, 03:06
The first thing I think of when I think of Floida is the sunshine, but I love it for alot of other reasons too.[msnsmile2]

resorthomerentals
01-02-2005, 04:03
Love the change from the normal routine and the warm weather in the winter!

blott
01-02-2005, 04:34
Where's 'everything'? I ended up with the last one by default. :) We just love it all.

Nostromo
01-02-2005, 10:55
I voted 'a mixture of the above'; I like the weather, the relaxed atmosphere, the tourist attractions and so on. But I am aware that I am only able to appreciate those cos I come as a TOURIST, which is very different from living there permanently. I have to confess the one thing that I DON'T like is the "American way of Life" which, particularly in my line of work, would be way too stressful for me.

WR1
01-02-2005, 11:02
We voted for a mixture of all[clap] :D

WR.

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 11:09
We find the more we go the more we love it!!

We agree with Nostromo about the atmosphere.

[msncool]

Cruella DeVilla
01-02-2005, 11:29
Our villa..oh and the shopping!

LiesaAnna
01-02-2005, 13:22
i opted for a mixture, the american way of life, shopping sunbathing/relaxing by the pool,weather and value for money and probably anything else i have left out![msnwink]

Sally D
01-02-2005, 13:38
I voted for a mixture.
I love the weather, theme parks, shopping. Also value for money, where else could you rent a lovely villa with your own pool at those prices.

Magical Dreams
01-02-2005, 13:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
Also value for money, where else could you rent a lovely villa with your own pool at those prices.
[/quote]

So glad you feel this way!!
Sure other owners will feel the same way!!
[msnwink][msnwink]

julieanne
01-02-2005, 14:07
Has to be a mixture cos I just LOVE it all..... :D [8D]

chrizzy100
01-02-2005, 17:46
I had to go for weather.....more hours in a day.....more days you can use in a year.......

eagleydo
01-02-2005, 17:53
Went for mixture as we go for the weather, the theme parks, the shopping the relaxing by the pool. Also we like the american way of life and the openess.

E. Cosgrove
02-02-2005, 01:33
Lets see,
The weather.....when it's warm sunny and not too humid
The theme parks .....when they are not too busy
The food..all of it!!
Shopping, shopping and more shopping
Being able to relax.....chance would be a fine thing[msnwink]
The informality
My lovely new villa:D

Elaine62
02-02-2005, 12:17
for us it's weather/parks/shopping and the fact that every day is different. We've not done a beach/poolside holiday since we started going to Florida and honestly I don't think we could go back to it.

Elaine

Magical Dreams
02-02-2005, 12:28
Liz
You have taken the words right out of my mouth!!

The weather
The theme parks
The food..all of it!!
Shopping, shopping and more shopping
Being able to relax
The informality
My lovely new villa

[grouphug]

ahagan
02-02-2005, 14:02
I voted for mixture too. I just love the whole atmosphere, the food, the theme parks and yes shopping, shopping and more shopping!

Newhomebuyer
02-02-2005, 19:59
I voted for the weather because without the weather being as it is none of the other things would be the same.
I love so many of the other things like the parks and the wildlife,sitting by the pool, strolling round the Celebration or Boardwalk early in the morning or late evening but none of this would be the same if the weather was grey, and drizzly all the time.

Magical Dreams
02-02-2005, 20:02
NHB I agree it would not be the same, but it would still beat the UK hands down!!

I can't see Florida EVER being Grey!!

[msnsmile2]

search66
09-02-2005, 00:48
I was browsing some tombstoned threads, and came across this vote. The option for "The American Way of Life", is really obscure. Believe me, Orlando is *nothing* like the rest of the States. In fact, it's so well diversified, that it's more like Toronto, Canada than anything.

:)

Want to know the "real" American life? Head on over to Baltimore, Maryland! :P

Ray&Sarah
09-02-2005, 02:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by search66
I was browsing some tombstoned threads, and came across this vote. The option for "The American Way of Life", is really obscure. Believe me, Orlando is *nothing* like the rest of the States. In fact, it's so well diversified, that it's more like Toronto, Canada than anything.

[/quote]

We went to Baltimore last summer on a day trip from Annapolis, with all the naval recruits it was like a clip from "An Officer and a Gentleman".[msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
09-02-2005, 02:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by search66

[/quote]

Life must be really short in the US then!

This thread / poll was only started on the 31st of Jan!![msnoo]

Maybe we should change the poll to Orlando way of life ??

May reflect a better picture??

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Tonish
09-02-2005, 15:47
The weather

The bright white smiles

"how can I help you today, sir"

"My name's .... and I'm your helper today. How are you enjoying your stay with us, have you tried the...?"

"Why, that's no problem sir, of course we can, and perhaps you would like to..."

"Gee, aren't your kids cute? What are their names?"

All of the above really pushes the right buttons for me. How they manage to keep this up day in day out is amazing. One thing's for sure, I've never found this attitude anywhere in Europe (or in New York, for that matter, but that's a different story...)

Tonish

Nostromo
09-02-2005, 16:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
The weather

The bright white smiles

"how can I help you today, sir"

"My name's .... and I'm your helper today. How are you enjoying your stay with us, have you tried the...?"

"Why, that's no problem sir, of course we can, and perhaps you would like to..."

"Gee, aren't your kids cute? What are their names?"

All of the above really pushes the right buttons for me. How they manage to keep this up day in day out is amazing. One thing's for sure, I've never found this attitude anywhere in Europe (or in New York, for that matter, but that's a different story...)

Tonish
[/quote]

You left out the most important one of all..."Have a nice day!" But I confess that it sometimes irritates me when they say that even after it is obvious that the person at the other end is not having a nice day.

The Europeans are different yes - probably more spontaneous, which may not always come off as friendly. But apart from the French, they are generally all right in their manner.

search66
09-02-2005, 18:53
I think the reason I love Disney World so much is simply because everyone is so freakin' nice. Not overly tooth-ache sweet, but they seem genuine. It lets you be a kid all over again, and no one cares what you look like... what you do for a living or anything else.

It's a place where EVERYONE is happy!

Oh, and to Ray and Sarah... Annapolis is a beautiful little town, and a great place to visit. They have some great little shops, and traditional areas. Baltimore itself, however... Has about four or five blocks of "goodness". Once you step outside those boundries... well... just dont'.

:P

ORLANDO_MAGIC
10-02-2005, 00:02
What i love most about Florida is that a very special friend lives there:D

Lizb
10-02-2005, 04:13
I voted for a mixture.
Love the weather, shopping, especially when I get a bargain.

The theme parks, Thanksgiving dinner, Browsing round the Consigment stores for anything that catches my eye.
Visiting friends & family,
and most of all enjoying the leisurely ambience of our villa.

Lizbeth

Magical Dreams
18-02-2005, 16:02
I may amend my choice after my next visit!!

Doubt it but you never know!!

[msncool]

chunkichik
20-02-2005, 17:13
Where do I start?

Disneyworld is my favourite place, and Downtown Disney!!!!!

The weather is glorious, the villas are pure luxury and to have your own private evening swims listening to the little chirrups of the wildlife is heaven!! We didnt really do much shopping outside of Disney last time, apart from the huge craft shops which are a must for me, apart from Trainers we did buy about six pairs!!

The most striking thing is that everyone is happy!!! All of the americans whether working or shopping in the stores were so friendly and most of all polite!! That is what I notice the most when I come home[msnsad]

Fran19
04-03-2005, 21:03
I voted for a mixture.

We love the weather even when it rains! We love the polite way we are treated when shopping and feel that's how it should always be. Over here the assistants are so rude most of the time and make you feel like you are interrupting their conversations between themselves. We always say when we arrive back that you know you're back in England the way people speak to you/the rudeness of most drivers on the M25 on our journey home and the cost of a taxi ride, should we be parked off the airport site!
We also love the villas and must agree that they are real value for money.
We love the food, in fact we just love it over there period [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]