PDA

View Full Version : Weddings this year and next!

Michele L
30-01-2005, 23:16
Hi

Just thought I would start a new thread for people getting married either in florida (as I am and Daisy) and in UK.

My details

Wedding date - 26th May

venue - Boat in Sarasota - Gulf Coast

Guests - About 40

Bought bride - wedding dress, wedding ring, shoes, jewellery, make-up, flowers sorted, hotel booked, reception

Groom - hiring tuxedo, wedding ring

Still need - transportation for us and guests (possibly boat for the boys, limo for the girls, Marriage licence!

Not sure what else I need but it will be a fun day out for all and hopefully relaxed.

Come on girls who else is getting married (P.S. that is why I am on the OV slimming forum!!)

Michele

LiesaAnna
30-01-2005, 23:36
we're celebrating our silver wedding anniversary this year! '25 years' wish i had a big beautiful wedding! i love hearing about other peoples!
my niece is getting married in march![clap]

Congratulations Michelle and partner ?
and Daisy and partner![grouphug]

Michele L
30-01-2005, 23:45
Hi Liesa

It is Michele and rog

congratulations on your silver wedding, god that is a milestone. You can have your second honeymoon in florida, go on book into a s[bad language filtered out]y hotel and look back on your wedding day!)You deserve it

Michele

Michele L
30-01-2005, 23:48
That was not a swear word by the way:( the middle part of it is obviously a naughty word, so do not think that I was "dissing" you" Liesa [msnwink][msnwink] I was just saying stay in a POSH hotel

Michele

Epic
31-01-2005, 00:22
Hi michele
ive just got engaged this christmas so im now a future bride like yourself and have got a long time of planning ahead.like you we would of loved to got married in florida but we've decided against it as we both have a large family and we dont want everyone to miss out on our big day so we going to hopefully do the honeymoon in florida(ill keep my fingers crossed)congratulations on your up and coming wedding sounds like a dream event.(ill have to ask you for some tips[msnwink])

Emma

Ray&Sarah
31-01-2005, 00:46
Congratulations to you all.[msnsmile2]

Wow Leisa 25 years, fantasic.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
31-01-2005, 00:48
Thanx Michelle!

we're looking forward to our big day !

we have chosen to take the kids away again to florida this year instead of every 2 years, its what we all love, so we wont be having a big bash or anything for us, but will celebrate with a nice meal out!

Sharon G
31-01-2005, 02:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
we're celebrating our silver wedding anniversary this year! '25 years' wish i had a big beautiful wedding! i love hearing about other peoples!
my niece is getting married in march![clap]

Congratulations Michelle and partner ?
and Daisy and partner![grouphug]
[/quote]
...thats great LiesaAnna. what month??

Michelle, congratulations that sounds wonderful!!

I got engaged to Paul last August and we are planning to get married in Florida Easter next year(2006).

We don't really know exactly what we want apart from it being very romantic[msnsmile2][msnsmile2].
It's the second time for both of us so would like it low key as well!!

Keep us all informed.

Sharon

daisy
31-01-2005, 23:52
hi michele thankyou for including myself [msnsmile].
24 june
florida clearwater beach dinner cruise on boat afterwards
transport sorted nice car to take and pick up to dinner cruise
dress hanging up not fitting me yet [msnscared]
michele you are so organised is there anything you have left to do?
are you going to have a reception when you get back ? sorry 20 questions [msnwink]
i need to get organised ! am not worrying though am quite laid back.

daisy
01-02-2005, 00:06
sorry forgot to say
karen & darren
i know its funny! karen and darren !

LiesaAnna
01-02-2005, 00:09
i have a neice called karen and her partner is Darren! weird or what!

sharon , its april the 9th our silver[msnwink]

daisy
01-02-2005, 00:12
hi liesa does your neice get the smirks and the laughter whenever she introduced herself and other half ? i do laugh myself though [laugh]

Michele L
04-02-2005, 21:51
Hi Daisy

Just read your post re the reception when we get back. we were going to have one but when we priced it up it would have cost about £3,000 just to hire a room, have a disco and provide a BBQ with a couple of free drinks. so we have decided to have a "do" back at our new home, which we only moved into 2 months ago.

Also a lot more people are coming to the wedding now than what we anticipated so there was not many people left over that could not make it. I think you have to be sensible about these things, everybody is different but I wanted a low key fun affair and have never wanted a full blown bash.

fun, fun, fun is the word of the day.

I am not even having a photographer as so many people have digital cameras and I hate the bit at weddings when everybody is just milling around being polite waiting for the photos to be taken.

How are your plans Daisy, apart from the diet. (If I continue with my fitness regime i may ahve to take the dress in!! so fingers crossed)

Michele

LiesaAnna
05-02-2005, 14:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daisy
hi liesa does your neice get the smirks and the laughter whenever she introduced herself and other half ? i do laugh myself though [laugh]
[/quote]

dont really know! i know i feel funny when i say hello Karen hello Darren
they have 2 kids between them and both have 3 letterd names, my kids dont reckon they can spell! any more then 3 and they lose it!!! (Tia and Leo) that confuses me to

Michele L
05-02-2005, 14:56
OOOps

Soory its Karen - not Daisy

Michele

daisy
05-02-2005, 23:27
hi michele dont worry just used daisy as a differnt name when joined forum i use it for e-bay and things like that there is always another karen so thought this was diifernt. am having that dilema about reception when come back was toying with the idea of having house party but the thought of my cream stair carpet loks nice but needs cleaning a lot make people take shoes off ! will still prob have one just because not many people coming and get to wear dress twice ...[msnwink]
you will be able to celebrate in your new villa that will be lovely what a way to celebrate getting your villa.