PDA

View Full Version : O.V quit O.V. Club

KevinT
30-01-2005, 16:54
Great to see people suggesting diets and smoking cures but.....

Nobody seems to have addressed the most serious addiction here.
Forumania.

Tried the usual remedies without any success at all

1. Straightjacket with arms tied round the back (still got to the keyboard using my nose!!)

2. Tried smoking type patches stuck over my eyes (successful for Forumania, but kept bumping into things!!)

3. Most successful so far was a large piece of thick elastic round my waist and secured at the far end of the house which just allows me enough leeway for about thirty seconds at the keyboard before hurling me backwards through two rooms and slamming me against a wall!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Anybody come up with any other ideas??

John Rocke
30-01-2005, 17:05
three is good because if you are quick you can type out a short message befor

John Rocke
30-01-2005, 17:05
the elastic takes you.

jr

E. Cosgrove
30-01-2005, 17:44
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
Love it Kevin

blott
30-01-2005, 17:59
You could:

Lock up the PC and forget to tell yourself where you left the key.

Have hypnosis to forget your user name and password.

Hide the keyboard.

Love the elastic idea - bit like a bungee jump but on the ground for those scared of heights! :) You thought of patenting that? :D I can feel a new ride coming to Kissimmee Old Town...

chunkichik
30-01-2005, 18:14
I'm sorry, I'm on a diet, I don't smoke, can't I have at least one vice!!!!!!![msnoo]

PLEASE!!!!!!!!![msntongue]

LiesaAnna
30-01-2005, 18:20
yessssssssssssssssss we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant give up the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wot else is there to do!??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
[msnwink]

Sharon G
30-01-2005, 19:22
You could also:

Break all your fingers[msncry]

Tell your kids that they don't have to come off the computer!!![msnscared]

Cut your own power cables !!![msneek][msneek][msnwink]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
30-01-2005, 19:32
just break the pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and cut any cards up!! he he then you cant get one!
:D

ctgirlscout
30-01-2005, 19:46
I found actually getting a real job helped me cut down, but I still head for the computer as soon as I get home!

Jo
30-01-2005, 22:07
With any addiction you have really got to want to give up to make it happen.

I don't want to, [msnsmile2] so no cure for me yet!!!

KevinT
30-01-2005, 22:20
Blott,

Don't need hypnosis to forget the username and password - if I didn't have Windows to remember
it for me I'd be lost [msnembarrased]
Have tried hiding the keyboard , but the dog thinks it's a game and keeps bringing it back.[msnsad]

Teresa,

Wow - that's a bit drastic isn't it - getting a real job!![msneek]

Sharon,

The broken fingers have healed up again now!!
No kids - (could always borrow some I suppose).
Tried cutting through the power cables, but almost starved 'cos the microwave wouldn't work
( The local paramedics weren't over keen on the idea either )

Please keep the ideas coming, I'm desperate!!

KevinT
30-01-2005, 22:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Love the elastic idea - bit like a bungee jump but on the ground for those scared of heights! :) You thought of patenting that? :D I can feel a new ride coming to Kissimmee Old Town...
[/quote]

Fancy going into partnership Blott,

We could call it "Back to the Forum"

or " Backtearia" !!![laugh][laugh]

Nostromo
30-01-2005, 22:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ctgirlscout
I found actually getting a real job helped me cut down, but I still head for the computer as soon as I get home!
[/quote]

That does not help me! I have my own PC all day at work and have OV site minimised at the bottom to play with during the breaks. As if that's not enough, I come back home for more. I seem to spend more time with my 'virtual family' than the real one! I think I need help.[:O]

amy
30-01-2005, 23:04
Kevin,
You could always try wearing boxing gloves......... [msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
30-01-2005, 23:50
LOL Kevin!!!:D[msnsmile2]

Isn't the first thing to admit you have a problem! What problem, not me, not addicted at all![msneek][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
30-01-2005, 23:55
i dont want to be cured!!!!
i want to remain an orlando villa forum addict!!!!!!!!:D

julieanne
31-01-2005, 00:26
I don't want to be cured either [msnwink]
Long may this addiction last :D

Sharon G
31-01-2005, 01:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by KevinT

Sharon,

The broken fingers have healed up again now!!
No kids - (could always borrow some I suppose).
Tried cutting through the power cables, but almost starved 'cos the microwave wouldn't work
( The local paramedics weren't over keen on the idea either )

Please keep the ideas coming, I'm desperate!!
[/quote]
...Kevin, you can borrow my kids!!!!![msneek]

...Do you know anyone at the electricity board??[msnwink][msnwink]

Sharon

Pluto
31-01-2005, 02:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ctgirlscout
[/quote]

Don't let getting a job stop you. I find myself eating my lunch in record time so I can spend the rest of my lunch break on the forum!! Don't know what I would do if they took away our access to the internet:D

KevinT
31-01-2005, 13:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Don't let getting a job stop you. I find myself eating my lunch in record time so I can spend the rest of my lunch break on the forum!! Don't know what I would do if they took away our access to the internet:D
[/quote]

Pluto,

You'd have to join the OV dieters because you would just eat more!![msnsad]

Nostromo,

Could be a case of "Physician - heal thyself?"

Amy,

Boxing gloves - good, but I would have to take them off to scratch my teeth!

Sharon,

Thanks for the offer of the kids, but I have enough problems with a dog who won't do anything I tell her to do!![msnscared]

Are there any real people at the Electricity Board?

blott
31-01-2005, 15:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Love the elastic idea - bit like a bungee jump but on the ground for those scared of heights! :) You thought of patenting that? :D I can feel a new ride coming to Kissimmee Old Town...
[/quote]

Fancy going into partnership Blott,

We could call it "Back to the Forum"

or " Backtearia" !!![laugh][laugh][/quote]Why not? [laugh]

We could call forum addiction 'Keyboard Mania' or 'It's a PC World' or 'The PC Twilight Zone' or 'Mission PC' or 'It's Tough to be a PC Addict' or 'PCs are for Muppets' or 'PC Wars' or 'Who Wants to be a PC addict', stuff like that... [laugh][laugh]

Nostromo
31-01-2005, 15:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott

[laugh]

I would suggest a poll to choose a name for this malady, but I like "Oviddiction", which seems correctly specific to the OV Forums.:D

blott
31-01-2005, 15:41
Sounds more like an addiction to eggs! [msnwink]

We could change the 'PC' to 'OV' of course... :)

Lyn
04-02-2005, 20:08
Hope my boss never learns how to check the history and finds how long I spend on this site rather than working!!

julieanne
04-02-2005, 20:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
Hope my boss never learns how to check the history and finds how long I spend on this site rather than working!!
[/quote]

Me too Lyn [:I] [:I]

Nostromo
04-02-2005, 20:11
[/quote]

If he or she did, they could become addicted too and then you'll have to do all the work! Boos's previlige and all that ;).

Ray&Sarah
04-02-2005, 20:29
[/quote]

Good job I haven't got access to the internet at work or i probably wouldn't have a job by now!!![msnoo][msnsmile2]

KevinT
04-02-2005, 20:53

[/quote]

Just had a great idea for the "new" Old Town ride Blott.

We tie the riders to a long piece of elastic and see how far they can get before being hurled backwards into a padded wall BUT at the last minute you give each rider a box of eggs and explain that if none are broken after they hit the wall at 90+ mph they win a prize?
We could then describe the ride as "eggciting" "eggshilerating"
(& "eggshausting?")[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
(Think the medications wearing off!!)[msneek][msnembarrased]

Ray&Sarah
04-02-2005, 21:20
Think I might give your new ride a skip Kevin sounds a bit "eggstreme" to me.:D

blott
04-02-2005, 21:22
Er... keep taking the tablets Kevin! :D:D It sounds like 'It's a Knockout'! :D

Nostromo
04-02-2005, 21:44

[/quote]

Just had a great idea for the "new" Old Town ride Blott.

We tie the riders to a long piece of elastic and see how far they can get before being hurled backwards into a padded wall BUT at the last minute you give each rider a box of eggs and explain that if none are broken after they hit the wall at 90+ mph they win a prize?
We could then describe the ride as "eggciting" "eggshilerating"
(& "eggshausting?")[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
(Think the medications wearing off!!)[msneek][msnembarrased]

[/quote]

Sounds intersting. The prize then could be a mega omlette made from those very eggs. Obviously, this is the only situation where the fewer eggs you break in the throwback, bigger your omlette going to be and so it's fair. Let's go for it![msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
04-02-2005, 21:47
Ah thats a good excuse not to try this new ride then, don't like omlettes!!![msnwink]:D

KevinT
05-02-2005, 04:58
You're probably right Ray & Sarah - maybe we should head for the "eggsit" while we still can!![msnscared]

Nostromo, there seems medically to be a thin line between genius and madness. Perhaps we've crossed over?

On the other hand we could sell merchandise - How about "Quiche me quick" hats??[msneek][:o)]

blott
05-02-2005, 05:42
I think you're eggsagerating how good this is going to be. [msnsad]

It's not going to be eggsactly eggshilerating for eggsample and people might think they were being eggsploited until you eggsplain it all properly to them that it's just an eggspress way to move around for eggsample. You're going to have to make it eggstra special. Will you be using an eggisting building or eggscavating for a new one (as this could be eggspensive)?

As to the merchandising, it'll be a scramble to get it all ready on time unless you take it over easy and don't poach anyone else's stuff but it could be a devil of a job selling them.

Oh crepes, pass me some of your pills Kevin! [:I] [msneek] [msnembarrased]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 13:11
Nostromo, there seems medically to be a thin line between genius and madness. Perhaps we've crossed over?
[/quote]

Welcome to the club Kevin. Can't answer your question I'm afraid. I never needed to cross over - I was born on the 'other side'.[lucky][lucky]

LiesaAnna
05-02-2005, 13:12
[clap][clap][clap]
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

you raving loonie!! themen in white coats are coming to take you away ............

Ray&Sarah
05-02-2005, 13:19
ha ha he he.....:D:D:D

You are all way too Eggscited over this.[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 13:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
ha ha he he.....:D:D:D

You are all way too Eggscited over this.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Not me. I am just an Egghead - as the Americans call us.:D

KevinT
05-02-2005, 15:05
Blott / Nostromo,

It's not going to be "over - easy"[:O]We may have to get a sponsor like "Shell"[:O] to help with the "eggstra eggspenses"[:O]and make sure we build it on the "sunny side - up" in Old Town
[xx(]
"Runnying" out of ideas now[laugh][laugh] "Yolk, Yolk, Yolk"

(I've got a fiend called "Benedict" who's interested in the scheme too!)[zzz]

blott
05-02-2005, 15:42
Blott / Nostromo,

It's not going to be "over - easy"[:O]We may have to get a sponsor like "Shell"[:O] to help with the "eggstra eggspenses"[:O]and make sure we build it on the "sunny side - up" in Old Town
[xx(]
"Runnying" out of ideas now[laugh][laugh] "Yolk, Yolk, Yolk"

(I've got a fiend called "Benedict" who's interested in the scheme too!)[zzz][/quote]I had a feeling you'd possibly know a 'fiend' somehow! :D

Before the funding gets fried, you'd better get cracking on the project, 'hen'ce my egging you on. You could advertise it for hen parties, unless you're going to chicken out of it altogether. :D

OMG! [:O] Where are the pills? [msneek]

Ray&Sarah
05-02-2005, 19:07
You lot have scrambled your brains!!!:D[msnwink]:D

KevinT
05-02-2005, 19:17
[/quote]I had a feeling you'd possibly know a 'fiend' somehow! :D

Sorry 'bout that mis - spell Blott - the straightjacket strings got tangled and I fell off the chair at a crucial moment.

Presently working on a new kind of egg with more calories but the shells break more easily so with another middle eastern friend of mine, (Ali D). we're trying to develop one with a more rubbery shell.

Going to call them "Super - Cali - fragilelastic -eggs (By Ali Doshus) [:O][:O][:O]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 19:24
Just had lunch at my local, "The Jolly Poacher". The main course was Eggwina Curry! Ugh!! I am a hard-boiled character, but even I couldn't stand it![msnscared]