PDA

View Full Version : Advice requested please.

Lynn
19-01-2003, 12:57
Hi

We have been offered a 4 bdrm villa for 3 weeks (April/May) in the Westridge community at Davenpot. I'd be grateful for any advice on the following please.

1. Is this a decent area in terms of proximity to attractions, shops, dining etc

2. Should we pay extra to have the pool & jacuzzi heated at this time of year, or should it be OK

3. The best price we have had for car hire is £675 (silver package) for a 7 str minivan for three weeks, all inc. Does this seem reasonable, or could we get a better price?

4. Any other advice/guidance would be welcome.

Thanks

L

jen
19-01-2003, 13:14
Hi Lynn

Westridge in my opinion is well placed for all the attractions, is a well established and a very pleasant community with lovely homes.
In April/May pool heat is not usually required but if your party consists of young children and if the pool is North facing it may be something to consider.
I'm not too sure about the car hire price as we never have a 7 seater but it sounds reaonsonable as an I4 car is around £175.00 per week.
Any of the communities and villas advertised on both orlando villas and vacation rental villas are well placed for Disney etc and if you are renting from a private owner they would be only too pleased to answer any questions you have.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Jen

Ruth
19-01-2003, 13:46
I would get the pool heated in April/May. When the weather gets warmer the pool feels colder so I even like it heated in the summer:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-01-2003, 13:50
If you follow the car hire link on our sister site www.orlandovillas.com we can do a 7 seater minivan (Chrysler Voyager or equivalent) for £660 for 3 weeks.

esprit
19-01-2003, 14:45
Westridge is well placed about 10 minutes west of Disney. They are building a big new suoermarket and shopping plaza just down highway 27 from Westridge at the moment which will make it even more convenient and this should be finished by then. Is it an arrangement where the same pool heater heats the pool and the jacuzzi? If so, I would pay for the heat. It is OK swimming in an unheated pool in late April/May but not for sitting in an unheated jacuzzi.