29-01-2005, 19:59
Has anyone been there?
what was it like?
write back and let us know.

We go in July 05.
Thanks Lorraine and family

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-01-2005, 21:57
I've never heard of them. Have you any idea where abouts they are?

Nostromo
29-01-2005, 22:05
I found this obscure report. Doesn't sound like much.

Accommodation: Keston Park Homes (1 of 2)
View
Individual
Category
Scores
Childrens Clubs:
Overall:
Number of Male Adults: 1
Number of Female Adults: 1
Number of Children: 2
Childrens Ages: 11-16 years
Date: August 2003
Tour Operator: Thomas Cook
Board: Self Catering
Comments: We saw the previous report on the accomodation and started to worry, but we shouldn't have done, the accomodation was excellent, and we certainly didn't hear traffic thundering past all day and night. The pool was a nice size and the facilities in the villa were first class. The location gave easy access to all the major roads. There were a couple of minor problems in the villa, but the maintenance man was round promptly and was extremely cheerful, helpful and efficient. This is a nice private complex with a personal touch, we would highly recommend it for families. (Fareham)
| First | Previous | Next | Last |

Accommodation: Keston Park Homes (2 of 2)
View
Individual
Category
Scores
Childrens Clubs:
Overall:
Number of Male Adults: 1
Number of Female Adults: 1
Number of Children: 3
Childrens Ages: 11-16 years
Date: July 2001
Tour Operator: JMC
Board: Self Catering
Comments: We were soooo disapointed with this villa. Having stayed in 5 villas in previous years, we knew what standard to expect. Here, we had a semi-detached(!!!) villa,the smallest pool I have ever seen in a 3 bed villa, a poor standard of decor and a roof that leaked water onto the patio. The villa is situated right on the main road to miami, so traffic thundered past 24hrs a day.This is unusual as villas are normally set back into estates. We asked to be moved and JMC asked us for another $250!!! This- plus the fact that it rained solidly for 2 weeks, meant that we indulged in a lot of retail therapy. Wal-Marts profits went through the roof for those 2 weeks! If this is youe first visit to a villa - dont let this put you off. 99.9% of all villas are sheer luxury. I just have a knack of picking the duff one. While the words 'again' and 'never' (re-arrange to form a well known phrase) apply to JMC, I cannot praise highly enough Direct Holidays .Well, to Florida anyway.

Nostromo
29-01-2005, 22:16
It looks like "Keston Park Homes" are somewhere in the Buena Ventura Lakes area off the US192, between Denn John Lane and Bill Beck Blvd, well East of WDW.

lorrainexxgreenwood
30-01-2005, 00:45
According to the map i saw, it was located off Boggy creek road, just before denn john way, off 192.
We are getting married whilst we are in florida and need to be sure that our accomodation is just right. I appreciate your replies and thank you for your efforts. any more comments will be welcome.
Yours truly Lorraine

Nostromo
30-01-2005, 13:48
Lorraine, I think your villa may be somewhere within the 'triangle' formed between the Florida Turnpike, Boggy Creek Road and E Osceola Parkway. This makes it a convenient location for MCO airport (right up Boggy Creek Road), WDW (Going west on US192 or Osceola Parkway), Interstate-4 and the Universal Parks (via the turnpike). And you've got the big WalMart on US192 within a stone's throw.:)

Ray&Sarah
30-01-2005, 14:50
Who did you book through Lorraine?

lorrainexxgreenwood
31-01-2005, 21:44
Thanks for that Nostromo.

Ray and Sarah
I booked through Thomas Cook and the travel agent says that they have sent other people there who have not had any complaints. However, the wedding planner in the central florida wedding chapel said that she had recently married a couple from UK who said that it was seedy and the people were rude!!! I hope it was just bad luck.
[msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
31-01-2005, 21:47
Is there anyway that you can change where you are staying Lorraine? If you are getting married then you really want the whole experience to be magical and not to have the worry about what your accomodation is like.[msnsmile2]

lorrainexxgreenwood
31-01-2005, 21:57
We have been back to the travel agent and they are sure that it is ok. I have searched critical reports on the area and have only found the two that Nostromo posted earlier. I will have to pay administration fees for the change if I did relocate and the price would probably go up. Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Hey Ho!!!

MaggieAllan
31-01-2005, 23:04
Compared to our honeymoon accomodation and weather you can't go wrong really;)

We went to Torquay last week of the season, rained all week, car broke down new alternator required, hotel was just like faulty towers...but we had a great time, our love kept us warm and nearly 21 years later we still have fond memories.

Hope it all works out for you both...I'm sure the sunshine and Fla atmosphere will make up for any small problems...anyway, you'll be too busy looking into each others eyes to notice, amongst other things[msnwink]

lorrainexxgreenwood
01-02-2005, 01:56
ha ha ha that is probably true. love will conquer all. [msnwink]