PDA

View Full Version : Help with Rental Location

MichelleE
28-01-2005, 19:22
I need help trying to find the communities that most meet our families preferences. We need at least 4 bedrooms and would prefer a community with a fitness center and be gated. We have never stayed anywhere but on Disney Property and there is so many houses to choose from. We would like properties within 10 min to Disney.
I would appreciate any help.

Michelle

LiesaAnna
28-01-2005, 19:31
your best bet is to put http://www.orlandovillas.com/ http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/
and when asking what you want tap in 4 beds, and go throughthem, its a lot of fun! so many gorgeous villas to look at!

just thought i'd mention, not sure if allowed, but here goes, we have booked to stay at Terre Verda in Nov, it is gated and has a gym/sauna room, as well as other lovely facilities its lovely, there are others but am not sure where they are!
have fun!

poohbear
28-01-2005, 20:20
leisa is florida pines gated?
and why do you want a gated site?

Nostromo
28-01-2005, 20:20
If you want the villa to be 10 minutes from Disney, you'll probably want communities like Lindfields on US192 reasonably close to the World Drive turnoff. But as Liesa says, post your requirements on the appropriate spaces and when the owners reply (they are not allowed to do so via the forums) by e-mail, you can discuss specific issues one-to-one.

Jill
28-01-2005, 20:49
It is definitely a good idea to make it clear that you want not only 4 bedrooms but a gated community and a fitness centre. If you follow this link it will give you a map of the communities and what facilities they have http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx

MichelleE
28-01-2005, 20:53
I may be wrong but it seems the gated communities are the ones that are newest. I appreciate all the help from this forum.

Michelle

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-01-2005, 20:55
That's not true - there are some new gated communities but there are also lots of equally new non gated communities [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MichelleE
I may be wrong but it seems the gated communities are the ones that are newest. I appreciate all the help from this forum.

Michelle
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
28-01-2005, 21:17
My home is on a brand new community and is not gated. [msnwink]

mm69340
28-01-2005, 21:41
I am curious as to why you would like a gated community? We aren't on one but have an alarm system. I am just being nosy!!

There are also a few developments on Highway 27 that are within 10 minutes to Disney as well.

andrewmckay5
28-01-2005, 21:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mm69340
I am curious as to why you would like a gated community? We aren't on one but have an alarm system. I am just being nosy!!

There are also a few developments on Highway 27 that are within 10 minutes to Disney as well.
[/quote]
Karen,
it may be a British thing as over here " gated" developments tend to be more up market.
andrew

LiesaAnna
28-01-2005, 21:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
[/quote]

No florida pines isnt gated!

i feel that with the entrances being monitored my daughter and if/when she meets up with jess they can play in the community, without worrying about her wandering out, altho she wouldnt, i just feel safer

Cruella DeVilla
28-01-2005, 22:23
Many of the new developments don't have gates.

mm69340
28-01-2005, 22:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
[/quote]

i feel that with the entrances being monitored my daughter and if/when she meets up with jess they can play in the community, without worrying about her wandering out, altho she wouldnt, i just feel safer

[/quote]

She could still wander out- maybe not back in though![msnwink][msntongue]

blott
28-01-2005, 22:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

i feel that with the entrances being monitored my daughter and if/when she meets up with jess they can play in the community, without worrying about her wandering out, altho she wouldnt, i just feel safer[/quote]Many gated communities have pedestrian entrances without gates and it's just the road that's covered by the gates. I used to live in one in the UK.

Even if they don't have that, there's nothing to stop children wandering through when the road gate has been opened to allow a car through as they don't snap shut straight away, for obvious reasons!

By the time every pizza delivery man and who knows who else has the gate code and gates are broken, it's nearly the same as being in an ungated community anyway.

As to the security aspect, I'm not sure why it's imagined that Florida burglars can't climb perimeter walls, just like they can in the UK?

There's nothing to beat good old parental supervision (just like at home) to stop kids wandering off and locking the doors and using a security alarm to beat what little crime there is in Florida.

poohbear
28-01-2005, 23:08
well thats not a worry for us as our children go nowhere without us...

Cowboy
28-01-2005, 23:38
Just because a community is nearer to Disney as the crow flies, does not mean you can get to Disney quicker. We are on the CR54 and have reached Disney within 10 minutes but normally it is 12 minutes.
Mike and Kath.

E. Cosgrove
28-01-2005, 23:53
I was also going to suggest the 54 as an alternative to the 192, also the 532 where our own villa is, we have done WDW in 10mins via I4 or 12 via Old Lake Wilson Rd.[msnsmile2] <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cowboy
Just because a community is nearer to Disney as the crow flies, does not mean you can get to Disney quicker. We are on the CR54 and have reached Disney within 10 minutes but normally it is 12 minutes.
Mike and Kath.
[/quote]

Nostromo
29-01-2005, 00:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5[brit may be a British thing as over here " gated" developments tend to be more up market.
andrew

[/quote]

I don't think that's true, Andrew. We stayed at Orange Tree, which looked quite upmarket and was not gated. Likewise, I saw several other non-gated communities that looked very upscale. As Uncle John says, gated communities are no more or less safe than non-gated ones. If anything, gates can be awkward at times, especially if a gate is closed while it is raining and you have to get out to punch the code or whatever.

andrewmckay5
29-01-2005, 00:55
Nostromo,
quite agree with you on US gated developments. I was just trying to say to Karen in the US that us Brits may view gated developments as more up market( especially if we haven't visited before) because they tend to be over here in the UK.
andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5[it may be a British thing as over here " gated" developments tend to be more up market.
andrew

[/quote]

I don't think that's true, Andrew. We stayed at Orange Tree, which looked quite upmarket and was not gated. Likewise, I saw several other non-gated communities that looked very upscale. As Uncle John says, gated communities are no more or less safe than non-gated ones. If anything, gates can be awkward at times, especially if a gate is closed while it is raining and you have to get out to punch the code or whatever.
[/quote]

ctgirlscout
29-01-2005, 02:30
I need help trying to find the communities that most meet our families preferences. We need at least 4 bedrooms and would prefer a community with a fitness center and be gated. We have never stayed anywhere but on Disney Property and there is so many houses to choose from. We would like properties within 10 min to Disney.

Michelle

[/quote]

Lake Berkley is gated and has a small fitness room in the clubhouse. It is about 10-15 minutes to Disney.

LiesaAnna
29-01-2005, 03:56
our kids never normally go anywhere especially on holiday without us!, but as Terri is 16, she may like to hang out at the basketball area, as kids do, i think what i like more then gated really is, its closed in, oh i know what i mean, i'll quit for now, as its difficult for me to put into words why i prefer it!
may not when we will have stayed there, but it did help sway us this time, but its not on the top of my list of essentials!

deejay-55
01-02-2005, 03:05

Michelle

[/quote]

Windsor Hills is a brand new community with a fitness center and a manned gatehouse, and is the closest STR to Disney. Slated completion on the facilities - clubhouse and beach pool - is March / April