PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest - Info please

David and Debra Waters
28-01-2005, 03:12
Hi all
<span style=&#39;font-family:Comic Sans MS&#39;></span id=&#39;Comic Sans MS&#39;>
Have never been to DQ on previous trips. This year the eldest girls are 18 and 19, and the boyfriends are coming!!
(Don&#39;t ask about the sleeping arrangements[msnmad])
[msnmad]I know it is covered by the Disney tickets...but once inside are there further costs?
The Trocadero in London sounds similar...and 3-4 hours on video games would cost a fortune[msncry][msncry]

Any info would help...please

David

blott
28-01-2005, 03:54
The only extra money required is for prize games, otherwise your ticket covers everything else.

Five floors of 'cutting edge technology' with virtual reality and 3-D experiences. It's the sort of place that your mind boggles and you blink madly when you come out to see daylight! You can exit and go back later with a hand stamp.

Here's some further info http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_4545

So... what about these sleeping arrangements then? ;) :D

ORLANDO_MAGIC
28-01-2005, 04:49
I went to Disney Quest on my first trip in 2001 and back then you could either buy a "E Ticket" that had a certain ammount of points on depending on how much you payed and when your points were used up you were finished or had to buy more points.

This method has since be dropped and so you will buy the all day pass as i did and receive unlimited play on every game and attraction except the games that prizes can be won (prize redemption games)and for these particular games you will need to purchase additional cards which are sold inside with varying ammounts on offer.

Its a great place to spend at least a half day and even the whole day and even though my friend and me were both 44 when we were there we still had a fun time especially building our own roller coaster and then getting to ride it in a simulator.

Apart from all the hundreds of arcade machines there are some great rides such as Aladdin's magic carpet, a virtual jungle cruise, the pirates buccaneer ship quest,the incas treasure hunt and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters just to name a few of my favorites

There are actually 5 floors full of games,virtual reality,3d and interactivity and at 2 of the floors (4th & 5th) you will find places to eat including the cheesecake factory where the cheesecake was to die for.

Adult tickets cost about $34.00 and being downtown parking is free.
Also you can leave whenever you please and as long as you get your hand stamped you can return again anytime during the day.

If you arrive early be sure to head for cyber space mountain to design you own coaster as that usual has the longest lines as well as Aladdins magic carpet ride.

Have fun and Enjoy.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200512804848_PARTYTIME.gif

John

Nostromo
28-01-2005, 11:10
Disney Quest is basically an "Indoor Theme Park" full of simulated rides and 'virtual' atractions. The teenagers might enjoy it for a while, but a lot of adults find DQ a bit claustrophobic. The dry, hot and windowless atmosphere with its blinking lights can give one a headache after an hour or so. You will need 3 or 4 hours in DQ to see everything and so it is a good policy to pop out every hour for a breath of fresh air. Also, beware of the rides if you suffer from motion sickness. The worst for that is the innocuous looking Aladin's Magic Carpet with its VR mask ([xx(]), but Cyberspace Mountain, where you can 'set' your own ride to be as mild or as wild as you like it, can be troublesome too.

Try not to have a heavy meal before you go in. Most evenings are crowded, particularly at weekends. It opens around 11am and if you go soon afterwards, the crowds will be lighter. Sometimes, a whole load of schoolkids turn-up with their 'minder' and then it can be bedlam.

David and Debra Waters
29-01-2005, 15:01
Thanks all

The wives won't like it I'm sure[msnsmile2]

But the husbands and the teenagers...and their boyfriends will, i'm thinking!

And popping out to the Marketplace every so often sounds good.

David

WR1
29-01-2005, 15:33
Our kids love DQ they like building their own roller coaster and then getting to ride it in a simulator.:D:D

WR.

dgmelton
13-07-2005, 21:33
Just arrived back and did Disney Quest on our last day after booking in with Virgin at Downtown, I have a 16 year old and a 13 year old. We could have stayed in there 2 days it is brilliant, dont know how we managed not to visit before, priates of carribean is brill, rollercoaster building is brill, you must do the virtual aladin and the comics. All 'rides' free and loads of playstation type driving games etc free, cafe upstairs that you can buy drink etc but overall they will just love it.[msnwink]

nicklangdon
14-07-2005, 14:49
They have some classic games machines like pac man etc.Takes you back![msnsmile]
We also missed going (didn't know much about it)but made a point of going this time and the kids loved it and can't wait to go back again!

Ana
14-07-2005, 16:37
Our kids love DQ. We bought annual passes so they can pop in for a couple of hours at a time - usually as a treat for being dragged aroun the shops!!

Thorogoods
08-01-2006, 13:44
Thinking of doing DQ this time one our trip our kids are 10,6,5 they love the rides and Playstation games. Are they old enough to enjoy it ??? I know I would.:D

christhear
08-01-2006, 14:29
If your kids like the playstation they will love it here. The younger 2 may be a bit too small for a couple of things in there.

My son who is 8 now loves this place. I drop him off woth his Dad andgrab a couple of hours peace. Last time i dropped them off they did not have a watch and I ended up waiting over an hour for them at the Lego shop at DTD.

I've also noticed the one day tickets for disney Quest are much cheaper on the ticket site attached to this site than buying on the door.

dawn
08-01-2006, 14:59
I tried DisneyQuest for the first time in December - it is great fun, and loads to do. The virtual rollercoaster is a must, you build it yourself then get to 'ride' it

Ray&Sarah
08-01-2006, 16:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
I tried DisneyQuest for the first time in December - it is great fun, and loads to do. The virtual rollercoaster is a must, you build it yourself then get to 'ride' it
[/quote]

Our youngest did that one with his dad, now bear in mind that our son does not ride roller coasters at all, he and his dad designed one with 7 loop the loops in and then "rode" it. He said it was great, maybe we will get him on the real thing one of these days.[msnwink]:D

Thorogoods
09-01-2006, 02:06
Thank you.:D I noticed the tickets were a lot cheaper here, going to place an order tonight.......just got to wait now.:D

ALR
12-01-2006, 22:22
It is a big hit with the kids I agree, ours were aged from 6 to 17 and all found something they loved.

ALR
03-02-2006, 13:09
We had great difficulty getting my son out of here. It's addictive. At first we just let hubby and son go in, but once my 6 year old niece discovered what was inside, she wouldn't be parted from them.[msnwink]

ALR