PDA

View Full Version : Best days to visit which parks?

Biggus
17-01-2003, 17:25
Dear All,
Yet another question from the house of Biggus!![:p][:p]

Which are the best days to visit which parks? - We are going end March - beginning April and are getting 5 park Flex tickets so will be visiting SW,IOA,US,W&W and BG. My wife is visiting MK @ Disney and we are planning a trip Kennedy and to Discovery Cove but haven't as yet booked.

What I would like to know is does anyone have advice as to which parks are quietest on what days? We are trying to set up an intinery of what/where/when kind of thing - I hate regimented holidays but with Florida there is sooooo much to do and see that you need a plan of attack to get it all in!!:D

Thanking you in advance.

Biggus

esprit
17-01-2003, 17:53
Avoid the water parks and any park with big thrill rides ( such a IofA and Busch) at weekends because you tend to get some locals in using their annual passes. Any major park is busy at weekends because of the number of Americans doing Fri-Mon. Though people can now arrive on any day of the week, Saturday is still the most popular arrival day and MK tends to be the first park to be visited so Sundays are busy there. Other than that, it tends to be a bit of a question of pot luck. It is not so crucial now in the days of fast passes as it used to be though.

florida4sun
17-01-2003, 18:02
Aoid weekends. If Disney are doing early entry for their guests visit each park the day after its early entry day. That way most of the Disney guests wshould be at a different park.

quote:Originally posted by Biggus

Dear All,
Yet another question from the house of Biggus!![:p][:p]

Which are the best days to visit which parks? - We are going end March - beginning April and are getting 5 park Flex tickets so will be visiting SW,IOA,US,W&W and BG. My wife is visiting MK @ Disney and we are planning a trip Kennedy and to Discovery Cove but haven't as yet booked.

What I would like to know is does anyone have advice as to which parks are quietest on what days? We are trying to set up an intinery of what/where/when kind of thing - I hate regimented holidays but with Florida there is sooooo much to do and see that you need a plan of attack to get it all in!!:D

Thanking you in advance.

Biggus

fiona
17-01-2003, 18:20
Weekends are the busiest, particularly those with the big rides as will be full of noisy local teenagers!

The Florida Mall isn't much fun on a Saturday either! I'll have a quick look for the American holiday dates during your times as it will be a nightmare then as well.

steph_goodrum
17-01-2003, 18:29
It is probably worth pre booking Discovery Cove as they only allow 1000 guests per day and some dates do seel out. I wouldn't have thought March would be that busy but it is better than being disappointed when you get there, don't forget the DC pass also allows you 7 consecutive days admission to Sea World. You can pick up your pass before you do the Discovery Cove, just take your confirmation to the ticket office.

Biggus
20-01-2003, 13:08
Dear all who replied and all who still wish to,

Thanks for the tips - I guess IoA, BG and W&W are to do during the week. This has really helped but if anyone else wants to add their own thoughts/experiences as we have never been in March/April always September.
Are the parks mad busy during these two months? Whenever we have been in September we have never even needed to use a 'fastpass' or equivalent.
Cheers,

Biggus

fiona
20-01-2003, 14:22
In Florida the Spring Break this year starts the 14th March and they go back to school on the 24th March.

However different American States take their Spring Break on different weeks. The Northern States do not start back their school year until the September, whereas in the Southern States they return to school at the beginning of August, so you may find that the second week 24th to 31st March is still a Northern State Spring Break.

Does this make sense?

Of course there is always Easter as well when not only the Americans but also the Brits are there en masse!! :)

Biggus
20-01-2003, 15:26
Fiona,
We are flying in on the 22nd March 2003 and leaving Sat 5th April - I guess then that things will be busy - mind you anything will seem busy compared to when we went last when everywhere was a straight walk on - longest we q'd for anything was Jaws at US (which we thought was pants!!) which was 20 mins. Even Spiderman and Hulk at IoA were only 5-10 mins. Having said that this was the immediately post 9/11 (we flew in 7/11) so I guess this was an exceptional moment in time - felt guilty in a way for enjoying ourselves!!
Biggus

orlandobabe
20-01-2003, 16:08
If you must do a park at the weekends I've always felt that Busch was the best one to do. It's a huge park -so there's lots of things for non-riders to do and of course the large amount of white knuckle rides-means theat the scaredy cats such as myself give them a miss.

Also-don't miss the ice-show-it's a definite must-see!