PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

emtswife
26-01-2005, 19:41
Could someone give me some info on Fantasmic? Saw it mentioned here, but not sure what it is. Is it at Disney? We are only going to Seaworld this year and wondered if you have to have tickets to some other park to have access to it.

christhear
26-01-2005, 19:43
Fantasmic is the evening show at MGM. You can only see this if you have entry tickets for MGM or Disney hopper tickets.

Nostromo
26-01-2005, 19:49
It is a fantastic (pun not intended) light and sound type show over water and laced with special effects that takes place in an huge ampitheater in a corner of Disney MGM studios. It ususally begins after the main park closed at 8:30pm or 9pm, but is so popular that seats start filling in over an hour in advance. You certainly need to be in your seat 30 minutes before the show. Remember that guests from other Disney parks and elsewhere also come to MGM specifically for this show. It lasts 30 minutes or so and is an unforgettable experience.

Mama Melrose's at MGM do a Special Fantasmic Dinner package that needs to be booked in advance.

emtswife
26-01-2005, 19:56
Oh, I see. I guess we will just have to save that for another trip. Sounds wonderful though!

Madabouttigger
26-01-2005, 20:28
Fantasmic is one of my "best bits" when visiting Disney, It made my jaw drop it was so amazing, then at the end it made me cry - what big softy!

[msncry]

emtswife
26-01-2005, 21:37
Ok, now you are just torturing me! lol! Would love to go, but hubby has already told me we are ONLY going to Seaworld this year. I think he is tired of me cramming 1 month's worth of activities into 1 week every time we go. Guess I can't blame him. I am usually exhausted after our vacations.

jones homes
28-06-2005, 21:11
You dont need to Q- up for hours to see the show, have a meal in the Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano at the Location: Backlot you can reserve a seat when you order the special of the day thats one less Q

;)

becbecs
28-06-2005, 22:05
Hi there

Fantasmic is excellent, why not try a Fantasmic dinner show package in one, eat first then arrive at the show to your own allocated area, dosen't give you better seating as it doesn't matter really where you sit.

We did the Brown Derby restaurant in MGM first before Fantasmic, the food was just amazing. Michellin Standard.

Paula D-S
31-07-2005, 16:58
We had a great time at the show a couple of years ago partly because of the crowd, we had a ball before the show even started, mainly due to some very lively Americans. They managed to have the whole crowd on their feet, then started with the Mexican wave. It was great fun, my eldest daughter still talks about it. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

On a slight negative point a mouse ran between our feet[msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]

Paula

heathercobbett
31-07-2005, 20:50
Mickey or Minnie,Paula?

Paula D-S
01-08-2005, 18:00
Heather

Very good:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[msneek]It was neither

Paula