PDA

View Full Version : touring around gulf coast

helmidge
17-01-2003, 02:42
We are also planning to tour around the gulf coast area around Sarasota/Fort Myers. Does anyone know of any good hotels/motels that they could recommend. Or possible a villa rental in the area. We particularly loved Longboat Key when we went down there last time.

esprit
17-01-2003, 02:49
We stayed at the Helmsley Sandcastle which is right on the beach at either Siesta or Longboat Key depending whioch guide book you read. Nice thing is you can walk to the St Armands Circle restaurants from there which is nice if you want a drink. Dont miss the Ringling whilst in Sarasota. Not many villas around there though you may find a condo.

fiona
17-01-2003, 12:41
We've stayed in condos twice at Sanibel and a villa at Marco and Naples. Sorry don't know of any hotels, but had no problems finding condos.

chris
17-01-2003, 13:57
I know a number of villa owners in Fort Myers. If you send me details of your dates etc then I will see what I can do. Please bear in mind that we have local byelaws which only allow 7 day minimum rental so you may have to pay for a whole week even if you stay just a few days.
email me on floridapoolvillas@btopenworld.com

Chris