PDA

View Full Version : good hotels in kissimme area?

helmidge
17-01-2003, 02:38
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the Kissimmee area. We've been to Holiday Inns a few times before but find these a bit tacky sometimes. I've heard the Marriott Hotels are good and provide a free hot breakfast buffet which is a bonus with three hungry kids. Am looking for luxurious surroundings at a moderate price!! Has anyone any suggestions.[:I]

florida4sun
17-01-2003, 04:33
If you want luxury at affordable price then rent a villa. There is plenty to choose from on this site:)

quote:Originally posted by helmidge

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the Kissimmee area. We've been to Holiday Inns a few times before but find these a bit tacky sometimes. I've heard the Marriott Hotels are good and provide a free hot breakfast buffet which is a bonus with three hungry kids. Am looking for luxurious surroundings at a moderate price!! Has anyone any suggestions.[:I]

steph_goodrum
17-01-2003, 11:48
I must say I agree with Martin. The reason that you have probably not had much response up to now is that most of have not stayed in hotels since we discovered how affordable the villas are. We haven't used a hotel for at least 4 years now so our knowledge of what is available is so out of date that it wouldn't be much use to you. In a villa you'll have more than one tv, usually hi-fi, vcr, maybe dvd player, games machine and of course your own private pool, as well as a full kitchen so even if you decide you want a rest from the parks there will be plenty to entertain your children rather than be cramped into 1 hotel room arguing over who gets to choose the tv channel or watching it with the sound down so the children aren't disturbed. Why not try doing a search on Orlando villas with the dates you want to travel and I think you'll be surprised at how favourably they compare with even a modest hotels prices?

fiona
17-01-2003, 12:38
We stayed in a hotel at Miami Beach for 2 nights 29-31 Dec. Paid $140 per night for a SUITE with a queen bed and a queen sofa bed (having been assured it had 2 separate king beds in it when we booked). You had to move the bed to be able to get the sofa bed out, and then you couldn't get past one side of the bed.

Very small bathroom you could barely swing a cat in. Had 2 wardrobes but only 1 had a light!! Old tatty carpets etc.

Next time we shall stay in a condo somewhere! Our teenagers haven't stopped complaining about it compared with staying in a villa or a condo.

esprit
17-01-2003, 13:50
With three kids, you will need two hotel rooms or a suite. I had three kids ( now grown up) and it is not fun being in a cramped hotel room with two double beds and a rollaway. Intimate is not the word for it. It would undoubtedly be cheaper ( and much more comfortable) for you to stay in a villa. You would get 3 or 4 bedrooms not one. My bedrooms work out at $25 per night each mid season rate( 4 bed house at $100 per night for the house). I will throw in the living room, dining room, family room. kitchen etc free of charge! No chance of getting a reasonable hotel at that rate. If you do a search on here, you will find many other villas offering similar rates. As to the breakfast, well the savings you will make will buy you a hot buffet breakfast anywhere.

chris
17-01-2003, 13:52
If not cooking breakfast is important to you then Sizzler do an all you can eat buffet breakfast for about $4. It even includes ice cream and pancakes, what more could your children want! We found that having eaten one of those we could go to the parks and not get pestered once for the expensive food there as we'd all eaten enough to last until teatime!

Chris

bellaepovera
17-01-2003, 16:02
If you decide not to rent a villa (which is much nicer) The Best WEstern which is located by downtown Disney is very nice and reasonable for $69 a night.