PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Cruella DeVilla
23-01-2005, 18:21
Just watched the first programme of the new season. Cheered me up no end. I cannot believe some of these people think they can make it. I was in stitches with some of them. I am currently sitting listening to Fantasia and she was a worthy winner last season. Her CD is fantastic, Mr CDV got me it for Xmas stocking as I hoped he would!

Noticed she is endorsing a lot of things. In Maceys she had makeup and clothing........wish I could sing!

jtijani
23-01-2005, 18:45
They havent started showing the American Idol over here in England. I bet Simon Cowell is being his usual smug self, with his crazy put downs, but we love him.

In England the show is called Pop Idol, and its huge, made Simon Cowell millions of pounds, lucky cow.

Elaine62
23-01-2005, 18:48
on Friday night my daughter and I wathced American Idol (2 shows in a row) and it was the first round only, lots and lots of bad singers performing.

I think this is the new show, not sure what channel though.

Elaine

Cruella DeVilla
23-01-2005, 20:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jtijani
They havent started showing the American Idol over here in England. I bet Simon Cowell is being his usual smug self, with his crazy put downs, but we love him.

In England the show is called Pop Idol, and its huge, made Simon Cowell millions of pounds, lucky cow.
[/quote]

Its on ITV2 on Friday nights. Its the exact same format as Pop Idol as it is the two Simons behind it.

P.S.I LOVE SIMON COWELL!

Ray&Sarah
24-01-2005, 00:12
Must take a look at this, the X-Ractor programme was absolutely hilarious when it started with all those wannabes that really thought they were good but were trully awful, had us in stitches.:D[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
24-01-2005, 01:34
I am sooooo sad I love watching all this sort of rubbish. Mind you I bearly have the time to watch TV since I joined the forum. Thank goodness for sky plus is all I can say! :D

Cruella DeVilla
24-01-2005, 01:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
I am sooooo sad I love watching all this sort of rubbish. Mind you I bearly have the time to watch TV since I joined the forum. Thank goodness for sky plus is all I can say! :D
[/quote]

Liz, I must be sad to! I love all these shows[msneek]!

poohbear
24-01-2005, 01:44
i love these shows too, and i think simon cowell is great he says exactly what i am thinking.....

Ray&Sarah
24-01-2005, 01:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
i love these shows too, and i think simon cowell is great he says exactly what i am thinking.....
[/quote]

He certainly doens't spare the punches does he, makes great TV.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
24-01-2005, 12:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]

Liz, I must be sad to! I love all these shows[msneek]!
[/quote]

Ok Girls it is official...You are sad[msntongue]
Firstly, when do you find the time to watch such things?? And secondly keep watching, I just got my letter today to say i made it on to the second series of the x-Factor!![msnwink]
BTW - 24 is back on Sky on the 30th Jan, Yippee!, I am already hooked on Desperate Housewives(anyone digs the bottom of my pool up and there will be trouble!!)And Real Madrid(see DB is growing a NEW hair style too, Swoon!!) won 3-1 last night!! Whoa!!
And.......Oh! I think that will do for now!![msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
24-01-2005, 12:33
[/quote]

Ok Girls it is official...You are sad[msntongue]
Firstly, when do you find the time to watch such things?? And secondly keep watching, I just got my letter today to say i made it on to the second series of the x-Factor!![msnwink]
BTW - 24 is back on Sky on the 30th Jan, Yippee!, I am already hooked on Desperate Housewives(anyone digs the bottom of my pool up and there will be trouble!!)And Real Madrid(see DB is growing a NEW hair style too, Swoon!!) won 3-1 last night!! Whoa!!
And.......Oh! I think that will do for now!![msnsmile2]
[/quote]

And she has the audacity to call us sad!!!!![msnwink]:D

Looking forward to seeing you on the X-Factor CarolAnn that should be good, see I said this programme was funny.:D[msnwink]:D:D
Only joking![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
24-01-2005, 13:13
I don't know what you mean[:O] I do a mean Dolly Parton[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
24-01-2005, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
I don't know what you mean[:O] I do a mean Dolly Parton[msnwink]
[/quote]

I am sure you do CarolAnn.[msnwink]:D

Cruella DeVilla
24-01-2005, 20:32
Tell you what I am tone deaf but still sound better than some of those weirdos on Friday. What about that Mary one...scary, she would have been at home with Kathy Bates in Misery!!!!!!!!!![msneek][msneek]

Ray&Sarah
24-01-2005, 20:57
Tell you what I am tone deaf but still sound better than some of those weirdos on Friday. What about that Mary one...scary, she would have been at home with Kathy Bates in Misery!!!!!!!!!![msneek][msneek]
[/quote]

Wish I had sen it CDV.[msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
26-01-2005, 16:52
Just watched the first programme of the new season. Cheered me up no end. I cannot believe some of these people think they can make it. I was in stitches with some of them. I am currently sitting listening to Fantasia and she was a worthy winner last season. Her CD is fantastic, Mr CDV got me it for Xmas stocking as I hoped he would!

Noticed she is endorsing a lot of things. In Maceys she had makeup and clothing........wish I could sing!
[/quote]

Fantasia is Fantastic
I thought Ruben was also ace from the series before.

Simon is so smart mouthed!!
Funny though!
Cheers me up no end too.

The auditions are the best part of the show.

They are showing the one in Orlando shortly too.
Wonder if anyone off here went to audition??
Now that would be funny!!
[msncry]

Cruella DeVilla
26-01-2005, 20:16
We were there when they auditoned in Orlando, the queues were amazing apparently. Did not go for an audition mind you[msneek]