PDA

View Full Version : Alien Attack

ringwood1
23-01-2005, 04:25
Understand that this ride has now gone but have any of you being on it? A couple of years back I went on it with my father who has a weak heart, my 5 year old was going to come with us but went of with my Mum to get an ice cream instead. My Dad and I thought we were going on the monorail (I think we were a bit tired by this time). So the whole experience was a total shock, and we couldn't believe how scared we were even though we know there was no alien in the room. Does anyone know what they have replaced this with?

blott
23-01-2005, 06:04
It's been replaced with a Stitch (as in Lilo and) theme (Stitch's Great Escape) although it still looks very much the same as when it was Alien Encounter with a pretty similar story line, seating and effects!

So, if you were scared the first time, at least now you know what's in store! :)

brizzle
23-01-2005, 12:16
Whilst it is kind of the same format as Alien Encounter it is a really really watered down version (and as Blott said with Stitch theming).
Don't worry this won't scare, or in fact entertain, you in the slightest.

Brizzle.

Nostromo
23-01-2005, 13:31
I thought the old 'ExtraTERRORstrial Alien Encounter' was very good. Been to it 4 or 5 times. I have not yet seen the 'Lilo & Stich' replacement, but have heard that it is a bit tame by comparison.

eagleydo
23-01-2005, 18:42
This was our favourite at Disney, shame its gone, we still always talk about. The effects were great and it did get the heart pounding. My lot are not Disney Park lovers they prefer Universal Parks but they all agree that this was a must do.

ringwood1
23-01-2005, 21:08
Although it scared me silly I still had to go on it again, and again and am quite sorry it has gone.

blott
23-01-2005, 21:45
Go on the new Stitch one as it's almost exactly the same as it was when it was Alien Encounter although just a tidge tamer.

ringwood1
23-01-2005, 21:54
Can I take the children (9 and 6), they are not very brave and would't go in the haunted mansion and hate the water rides. Which is a shame as I love getting scared.

njstringer
23-01-2005, 22:33
We took our kids on Alien Adventure when they were about 8 and 9 (some 5 years ago). They were absolutely petrified and came out screaming. I was waiting for the whole thing to start spinning around, as I could not work out why we were strapped so tightly into the seats!! But at the end I realised it was just for effect. I quite enjoyed it - I must have because we did it again a couple of year ago!!

blott
23-01-2005, 22:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ringwood1
Can I take the children (9 and 6), they are not very brave and would't go in the haunted mansion and hate the water rides. Which is a shame as I love getting scared.
[/quote]Not unless they like the dark and unexpected things happening, I would have thought. If they're not very brave, I wouldn't chance it.

KJH
24-01-2005, 03:34
I enjoyed Alien encounter, but how can an adult be scared when you know logically it is not real. Shame it's gone friends of our who are coming out on the 31st January wanted to have a go, we did not tell them what would happen. Will have to now.....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-01-2005, 15:10
I try and forget that it's not real and get into the spirit of the ride / attraction. Much more fun and does allow you to get scared on this one which adds to the effect [msnwink]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
I enjoyed Alien encounter, but how can an adult be scared when you know logically it is not real.
[/quote]

CarolAnn
24-01-2005, 16:20
I like to be scared at my own pace[msnscared] thats why I didn't go on Alien Attack, probably won't manage Stitch version, and I try to avoid my mother-in-law most of he time[msnwink]

Lesley S
24-01-2005, 17:00
Our 6 year old went on it, never batted an eyelid. It doesn't even go that dark as Alien Encounter did.

Very tame compared with the old ride, even my parents thought it was mild and they don't do many rides.