PDA

View Full Version : mama melrose

jaynekent
22-01-2005, 20:23
Anyone eaten here? my husband really fancies this as the fantasmic package. Kids both like pizza/pasta, any thoughts? thanx

Liam_Sandie
22-01-2005, 21:20
Hiya

We ate there last March, food was really good, great for the kids. Definately worth a visit. [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
22-01-2005, 21:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jaynekent
Anyone eaten here? my husband really fancies this as the fantasmic package. Kids both like pizza/pasta, any thoughts? thanx
[/quote]

We've eaten there, though not for the Fantasmic package. I remember that they do delicious seafood and also have good choice for vegetarians. The family liked it more that I did, but then I am not really an Italian food person.

One piece of advice. Their Fantasmic package with its priority seating is VERY popular and you'd be well advised to book early.

jaynekent
22-01-2005, 21:24
Excellent, thanks for your input I shall get on the phone now!!:D

poohbear
26-01-2005, 21:09
where would i find the telephone number to book to eat here

Nostromo
26-01-2005, 21:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
where would i find the telephone number to book to eat here
[/quote]

Simply call Disney's dining booking line at 001 407 939 3463

poohbear
26-01-2005, 22:41
thankyou

poohbear
10-02-2005, 19:10
i have made my booking to eat here.
can anybody tell me how i will get my fantasmic seating?
do i have to ask when i go to mama melrose?

E. Cosgrove
11-02-2005, 00:52
Tried to book the fantasmic dining package for several alternative dates in March.....all sold out[msncry]

Newhomebuyer
11-02-2005, 11:37
If you book the fantasmic package you get a pass when you go to eat your meal. You then take this pass to the garage area at the right hand side of the enrance to MGM where you are allowed to enter (rather than using the queue near Rock and Roller Coaster).
This method can often save you waiting in the line for as much as 2 hours.
When you get into the auditorium then you are seated in a special area which is to the right of the viewing area.
Don't forget that there are several resaurants which are part of the scheme so if one is full you can try a different one. They are 3 different prices with Brown Derby being the most expensive at $36.
People do sometimes cancel, so its always worth asking a couple of days before you want to go.

jaynekent
05-03-2005, 18:33
Hi pooh bear

Just come back and did the ps at Mama melrose for Fantasmic, worked a treat and the food was good. Certainly saved us some time with the queues for fantasmic which by the way was also fantastic!

Jayne

poohbear
05-03-2005, 19:41
thanks jayne ..
yes i know fantasmic is fantastic its one of the highlights of my holiday when i go there.
glad the food is good. cant wait.:D

bluebirds
11-03-2005, 20:34
How does the meal package work with Fantasmic at Mama Melroses. We fancy doing this on our holiday. Do you have to ring direct? Any advice please.

jaynekent
13-03-2005, 19:11
Hi

Just ring on the usual disney number and ask to book a fantasmic package at the restaurant of your choice, they will give you a time slot then you just turn up. At the end of your meal you will be given a voucher for the priority seating. It means you go through a seperate entrance and dont have to get to the amphitheatre as early. We found it worked really well for us as we ate mid afternoon and had time to fit in a few more things.
Jayne

greenpete
14-03-2005, 23:15
I've just tried to book a Fantasmic Dining package fro April/May.
Fully booked up[msncry]Really miffed now.

Anna

E. Cosgrove
15-03-2005, 01:38
Same happened to us Anna, I think you have to book way in advance.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete
I've just tried to book a Fantasmic Dining package fro April/May.
Fully booked up[msncry]Really miffed now.

Anna
[/quote]

greenpete
15-03-2005, 05:02
Yes, I believe one can book up to 90 days in advance. Unfortunately, I only just found this thread and the information a few days ago[msncry]

Anna

Aiminghigh
15-03-2005, 08:42
I managed to book a package last week for post-Easter week eating at a buffet restaurant in MGM.Have you tried other locations than Mama Melroses?

greenpete
15-03-2005, 16:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Aiminghigh
I managed to book a package last week for post-Easter week eating at a buffet restaurant in MGM.Have you tried other locations than Mama Melroses?
[/quote]

Apparently they are all booked. The Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby and Mama Melrose. The dates I wanted are from 26th April to 7th May. No go! I was told to ring from time to time as they do get some cancellations, not holding my breath though. If it was just for ourselves and kids/friends, I would'nt mind too much. This will be my elderly in-laws first visit to the States and they are really looking forward to Disney, I wanted to do someting a little special for them in the park, particularly the Fantasmic show. But there you go, you can't win them all.

Anna

bluebirds
22-03-2005, 21:00
Do you have to leave any card details or do you just phone and book the restaurant?

jaynekent
22-03-2005, 21:40
Hi you have to leave a crdit card but we had no problems and only the bill total was debited. You can cancel within 48 hours, don't know if they levy a charge if you don't show though.

Hope this helps!
Jayne

christhear
22-03-2005, 22:37
I did the hollywood and vine in December, was told that credit card would be debited the whole amount if you did not cancel within 48 hours and failed to turn up.
Thinking of doinf Mama Melrose in August so will try to book around May time.

greenpete
23-03-2005, 04:39
Well, I tried ringing again to see if there were any cancellations. No such luck,:( However... When I asked if they had any tables for 2 or 3, the girl checked again and said there were two tables for 2 at the Hollywood Brown Derby, one at 3.30 and one at 3.40. on Tues 3rd May.[:P] I booked them.:D Sounds like tables of 4 and upwards are most popular. We don't mind splitting up and you never know they may be able to seat us near each other anyway. So, Now I'm a happy bunny[easter2]

Anna

Squeak
06-04-2005, 00:52
We considered doing the Fantasmic package but when we weighed it all up:

the length of time it would take us to eat the buffet;
the cost (including tax and tip):
you are advised to report no later than 35 minutes prior to show time;
the reserved seating is off to the far right;
you will not have specific assigned seats (it's done on a 'first-come/first-served' basis;
if the event is cancelled due to bad weather, you do not get a refund or a voucher for another performance;

we decided against it.

We bought take-away meals just before going in, found some excellent central seats, ate our supper, put our feet up and waited for the show to start!

We did start making our way over about an hour and a half before the show, but while we were waiting we spent quality time as a family reflecting on our day in MGM Studios and indeed the whole holiday. We all thought it was well worth the wait for the excellent seats and the time passed surprisingly quickly.

Hope this helps!

Carolyn

[msnsad][msnsad]

trevlad
06-04-2005, 04:31
what time does the fantasmic show start - seems awful early to be eating dinner at 3.40??

greenpete
07-04-2005, 03:11
Trev, We are 'doing' the fantasmic dining package on May 3rd. At this time of the month, the parks close at 8.30pm so I presume the show will start about 8pm.[msnsmile2]
Although we are eating at 3.30/3.40pm, we are hoping to 'walk off' the food [sporty][sporty][sporty].My In-laws our not big eaters and prefer to eat during the day rather than a big meal in the evening.

Anna

trevlad
07-04-2005, 14:56
is there a disney site where you can see the menu and costs for mama melrose?

greenpete
08-04-2005, 17:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
is there a disney site where you can see the menu and costs for mama melrose?
[/quote]

Trev, try this link http://www.disneyclubs.com/mgm_restaurants/fantasmicdinner.htm

Anna

bluebirds
11-04-2005, 18:49
Just booked the meal at Mam Melroses for the day we wanted. Eating at 4pm. This was the only slot they had available. Luckily they had a cancelation a few minutes before i called. They had to jiggle the seating around so we can all sit together. Especially as my son has aspergers and will be very upset if can't sit with all his family. I did suggest to Disney that the boys could sit together and Pete and myself could sit the other end. Wouldn't do that tho.!!!!! Only joking. Would hate to see my phone bill i had to hold for ages but i am sooo glad i have booked. [clap]

solanasunshine
09-07-2005, 20:23
Only just read this thread and panicked!

We are going over in two weeks and wanted to book a fantasmic package for Mama Melroses - thought that I would only have to book whilst we are there.(Duh[msntongue])

I've just phoned Disney and it must be my lucky day [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

I've managed to book a table for the very day we wanted to go![clap][clap][clap]

bluebirds
11-07-2005, 20:29
Have a great time. The meal was fantastic and the service from our waiter was brilliant. I want to go back now at this moment.