PDA

View Full Version : Swamp Cabbage Festival -LaBelle

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-01-2003, 02:03
Trawling the net for interesting things happening in Florida and I stumbled upon the Swamp Cabbage festival at LaBelle.[:o)] Not too sure where LaBelle is but on the last weekend of February they hold this festival. You can get more details by clicking on the following link

http://members.aol.com/browne/scf.html

I think swamp cabbage is a palm that is felled and made into a local delicacy!

For private pilots or those intereted in flying theyhold events at the municipal airport too.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has been.

The music on the website sounds very authentic it got me in a real holiday mood[8D]

Sarah

meuccim
23-02-2004, 05:16
Funnily enough - I used to live in Labelle, I am originally from Basingstoke (UK) and went to do an internship there - the swamp cabbage festival is really fun. LaBelle is a whole different world. I now live in OFrt Myers but Labelle is certainly interetsting if you want to see something of rural florida - the highlight of the festival is the armadillo races that the local rotary club puts on - I helped to catch them for the race last year - if you get chance to go you should take a look, so many people go to florida - and miss out on all the colourful people, traditions etc that make the place sooo interesting

quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Trawling the net for interesting things happening in Florida and I stumbled upon the Swamp Cabbage festival at LaBelle.[:o)] Not too sure where LaBelle is but on the last weekend of February they hold this festival. You can get more details by clicking on the following link

http://members.aol.com/browne/scf.html

I think swamp cabbage is a palm that is felled and made into a local delicacy!

For private pilots or those intereted in flying theyhold events at the municipal airport too.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has been.

The music on the website sounds very authentic it got me in a real holiday mood[8D]

Sarah